Status: Comment & Subscribe Please :)

These Dreams

For all of its uncertainty, we cannot flee the future.

I was running. My feet hitting the ground, and the wind in my face were the only things that I could hear. It was light around me, maybe morning time. Green everywhere, trees, grass, everything it seemed. I have been here before, to many time. I’m almost to the tree, the tree where it always seems to end. I’m almost there, I can almost touch it.

“Where are you?” Said an eerie voice.

The voice seemed almost longing, waiting. It is the first time I have heard the voice.
As I get closer to the tree, I slow down to a walk. I am approaching it cautiously, almost waiting for the dream to end. I can hear a light laugh, to most people’s ears it would seem to be a child’s laugh; however I somehow knew it wasn’t.

My breathing quickens, I feel my palms start to sweat, it hasn’t ended yet, why hasn’t it ended? I reach out a feel the bark of the tree. Almost as soon as I touched it I tore my hand away, it felt as if the tree was alive, like it had a heart beat. I put my hand back on the bark; I slowly started to circle the tree.

I could feel eyes on me; my paranoia might just be getting the best of me. I stand there a few moments longer with my hands placed gently against the tree. Gradually turned, my green eyes meet and pair of bottomless blue eyes, I felt as if I could fall into them.

I awoke with a gasp, there was sweat dripping from body. Those eyes, I will never forget those eyes. I run my fingers through my hair, and close my eyes.
Those eyes, that boy, I’ve never seen anyone like him. I don’t know any other word to use to describe him but beautiful, I know it’s cliché but it’s true. Along to go with his blue eyes was white blond hair, pink lips, tall slender body.

I open my eyes and look at the clock, it’s 6:08.

“At least it’s later than usual.” I said with slight sarcasm in my voice.

I get up and go to the window and look out into the forest lurking outside my apartment window. I laid my head against the cool surface of the window and sighed.

“There’s nothing out there, there can’t be anything out there, it’s all just my imagination.”

I turn away from the window and ran my fingers through my hair. I look towards my bed, I’m tempted to go back to sleep. I quietly walk past my bed and out the door into the somewhat hallway. Everything is so dark, even at 6 something in the morning. I walk sluggishly to my couch and turn on the TV and turn it to some movie reruns. As the movie plays on I can feel my eye lids getting heavy.

“The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return…” was the last thing I heard before falling into another deep sleep.

I gradually wake up from the sun coming through the curtains. I stretch and look towards the clock.

“10:34, I guess I could call my mother now.”

I rub the sleep from my eye as I get up from the couch and stager towards the kitchen. Reluctantly I grade the phone and dial one of the only phone numbers that I have memorized. After ringing maybe two times my mother greets me with her oh so cheery voice.

“Dominic, sweetie, is that you?” she said in her cheery voice.

“Yes mum, it’s me, I got you message.” I said with the tiredness hanging from my voice.

“Honey, did you just wake up, I thought you always woke up early. Are you sick, do I need to bring you over some soup and” she said with her voice gradually getting quicker.

“Mom, I’m fine. I did wake up early, I just decided to go back to sleep. Is that a crime?” I said in a light joking tone.

I heard her sigh over the phone.

“No it’s not sweetie, you know I just get worried about you, living on your own, without me, away from home…” there she goes again talking about how I shouldn’t have moved out and how I’m still her baby boy.

“Mom.” I said with a slight warning tone.

“I know, I know. Your grown up and you need you own space. But no matter what you are still my baby boy.”

I sighed and smiled “Mom, you said we needed to talk?” I said trying to get back to the point of why I called her back.

“Oh yes, what time would you be able to meet me and you father?” she said with a slight quickness.

“umm maybe around 11:45 or so… wait where?”

There was a silence over the end of the line for a few moments. I could hear her talking to most likely my father.

“Mom, you there?” I questioned.

“Oh yes, honey. How about the old café by the bookstore?”

“Umm yeah that would be fine” I said with confusion in my voice.

“See you then sweetie” she said with the tome that you know she was smiling brightly.
“okay mum, bye.” I said awkwardly.

Soon after I said that I heard the dial tone. I looked at the phone strangely, she never hangs up first.

“hmm, I guess she needs to get ready.”

I dismiss the thought and go to get ready myself. Half way through me getting ready I could hear the door to my apartment open.

“Dominic, where’s my lover boy?” said the high pitched voice of my beloved friend.

“Caylan, my love. I’m getting ready hold on.” I said with a smile.

Caylan is one on my friends that I have been friends with since our first day of high school. She is the only one that’s was trying to be my friend, not because she liked me in a sexual sort of way, like all the other horny girls in high school. But unfortunately, she’s really protective, so I haven’t been dating much, or at all really.

“ugh Dominic, you’re always in the bathroom when I arrive, do you have that much trouble with your love life?” she said with a slight teasing tone in her voice.

“Ha-ha, yes my love. Only because you are in my life.” I said as I opened the door.

As I did, I almost got knocked over from Caylan attacking me.

“my god Caylan, can I at least walk a few steps first?”

“ha, I knew you where touching yourself in there, you always are” she said with a smirk on her face.

“I was not! I really was getting ready; I have to meet my parents in a bit.” I said with quickness.

“I know, silly. I was just messing with you. Why do you have to meet your parents?”

“ they said they want to talk to me about something important.”

“Oh my god, not again! Let’s hope it’s not like last time, when they tried to get you to move back in with them.” She said with exaggeration.

“I know, I would hope after that she would stop trying, but she still makes comments about it.”

I look towards the clock and it read 11:20.

“Caylan, I have to go. I need to be there by 11:45.”

“Hmm have fun with mommy and daddy.” She said in a teasing way.

I rolled my eye and leaned down to kiss her forehead.

“You can stay however long you want, you just can’t mess up the place.”

“Aw darn it” she with sarcasm and snapping her fingers.

I smiled and turned to walk out the door.

“ill call you around 12 ish k? She said with slight uncertainty.

“Yeah ill probably need to vent.” I said as I closed the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah :) chapter 3is up. This took my a while to finish, because i kept getting distracted. Any mistakes are mine. Please don't be a silent reader :)