Status: Comment & Subscribe Please :)

These Dreams

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

As soon as Preston left there were still no words being exchanged between my parents or me. I could see that my mother was uncomfortable and that’s she wanted to say something. While my father never really looked at me, he was sending her comforting looks.

“So I think the first thing I would like to know would be well, how did I end up with my mom and dad…?” I said asking the question that’s been on my mind since I first meet them.

My mother’s eyes went up to meet mine and she sighed.

“Ale- Dominic” she sighed again and my father put his arm around her.

“Please, please tell me.”

She rubbed her arms and took a deep breath “Well Dominic when you were around 17 months old-“

“I thought I was an infant?” I asked before she could go on.

“Did they tell you that? No you were over a year old.”

“Yeah they said they found me and I was an infant.”

“We let you go play with some of the older kids, since you could walk and run around. We were away to get food and while you and all the other kids were playing, I think they said you all were playing hide and seek. While you all were playing they heard noise from campers nearby. When they heard the noise most of the kids rand towards the main area, and you being so young you didn’t know what to do and I guess they, the people who found you, took you with them.” My father said.

“Why would they have lied to me about my age when they found me?” I said with no sense of hatred or remorse in my voice.

“Not to put them down, but maybe it was to justify what they did. They never knew that there is anybody that lives out here. “

I didn’t say anything else to them about the subject, because I knew if I did nothing good would come out of it.

“So on a different note, how are you and Preston?” she said with a small smile.

I gave a little chuckle and I bit my lip. “Um we’re good I guess?”

“I’m glad that Caressa had found you, you wouldn’t believe how much Preston has changed within only these couple of days from when he turned sixteen. You wouldn’t believe how much time he had spent in that room of his. “ She said with a concerned voice.

“When I was almost 18, I thought I was in a depressing time for some random reason.”
“It happens when mates are apart. But I would think Preston had already told you about that.”
“Yea, he told me a bit.”

“…so have you two…?” she started

“Mom! No, why?”

My father- my dad let out a loud laugh as she giggled. “Well I don’t know if you kids still go by the old traditions, I was just wondering.”

I smiled at them; I could see myself growing up with them. I know that we will be close even as cliché as it sounds. You could also see how much they loved each other, you could see it in their eyes, and you could hear it by what they said to each other. They are meant to be together.

I wonder if those kids that were supposed to be watching me when I was young, if they were play hide and seek while they were… transformed? I mean how old are they when they learn how to… turn I guess?

“Um were the kids that I was with, um were they um….”

“Were they in their wolf form?”

“Yea?”

“Maybe some of them were. Most of us are taught or learn how to change when we are maybe 3 years of age.”

“How would the kids that couldn’t change yet know who were the other kids and not just animals?”

“We are all connected, we know the animals and we know our kind. Like wolves we know who their pack is and who isn’t. You may not have noticed you have seen Caressa’s and Preston’s parents and may not have known it at the time but subconsciously you have noticed the connection between them and Preston and Caressa. “

“You say like wolves, are we connected somehow to them?” I asked

“Have you heard about the natives and about have they were more in tune with nature than the people from Europe, they are the first known people who could change into animal forms. Most of the people who can change into animals can change into wolves. We are not able to choose what we change into, and since you have to learn how to change that is why there are not that many people who can still change. “

“What other kind of animals can people change into?”

“Hmm Horses, deer, and even small animals like chipmunks and mice they can transform into most animals.”

“That’s so strange; it makes me think of something I read in a book, though it’s not quite the same.”
“What was it?” she asked leaning forward.

“An Animagus, they can morph into an animal at will..and it is a learned skill rather than hereditary”

“That does sound rather similar, what book was it in?”

“Um Harry Potter, it’s about wizards in the briefest view.” As I said that I saw Preston walk towards us out of my peripheral vision. I turned to see him fully. I saw him smile as I looked at him.

“Hey Dominic, Scarlet, Stephan.” He said as he got closer.

“Hello Preston.” My mother said in a sweet voice.

“May I take him from you?” he said put a hand on my shoulder.

She smiled “certainly, honey.”

The time went by really quickly; it was probably almost 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

I stood up to meet him and we began to walk away. I reached over and laced our hands together. I saw him look down and smile.

“So how was it talking to them?”

“it was good, I feel like I’ve known them my whole life.”

“You mean you don’t recognize them?”

“I’ve only seen them once yesterday?”

“You’ve seen them before; just you probably thought they were just animals. Like you’ve seen me before, maybe a couple of times while you were walking home or something. “

“so you have watched me, that sounds a bit stalkerish.” I said sticking my tongue out at him.

He gasped and pushed me in a playful way “I was curious about you.”

“I know.” I said smiling at him.

“So you were watching me in your animal form..?”

“Didn’t we already establish this? Yes I was. Why?”

“…can you teach me how?” I said as I stopped walking and turned to look at him.

“I can…if you want.”

“I would like that, I really would..” I said kissing him on the cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
Did y'all catch the harry potter thing? :) i'm a huge harry potter fan :)

Thank you to My Inspiration. for commenting. You all have no idea how much the comments mean to me, they keep me wanting to write.

Comment & Subscribe