Status: Active.

Safe and Sound

A little comfort.

I could feel it. The eyes. Someone was watching me—which was oddly comforting—creepy, yes. I don't know why I felt so at peace—I should have been terrified. I was standing in the middle of a forest. I was more than forty minutes from home, with no car. Recently, I'd been shipped here to spend some time with my father. I moved from my place in sunny Southern California to Beacon Hills. Nothing was the same anymore.

My father had just recently moved here, so the chances of me making many friends are slim. I'm not a people person—hence the reason why I'm standing in the middle of a forest and not out with a group of loud, obnoxious teenagers.

The phone in my hand vibrated. It was dad.

Where are you?

My feet moved forward. I was in no hurry to answer him, and certainly in no rush to go home. I wasn't quite finished here. Not yet.

My dad got transferred here, a better job and all. He works with the Police, so right now he's next in line behind Sheriff Stilinski. It was an odd name, but nevertheless, this was perhaps an odd town. Supposedly there had been several attacks and killings a few weeks ago, when dad first arrived. Then mom wanted to send me here—I wasn't too thrilled with the idea of possibly becoming shark bait.

I stopped, a smug smile formed onto my lips. I didn't know what exactly I was looking for, or what I expected from this, but all I knew was this:

1) I was unbelievably thrilled and exhilarated.
2) Danger was possibly a high risk.
3) I was disobeying the law.

I was probably trespassing on private property, but the house was half torn apart and old looking. It didn't look like anyone lived there. Quite frankly, the thought of anyone living there was creepy.

This time I felt the eyes. They were staring at me. More importantly, they didn't even move. They were hidden. It was strange—powerful. But comforting. I moved forward again, this time more reluctant to take another step.

"Hello?" Obviously there was no reply. As if I were expecting a man to walk out, warm and welcome. It was past curfew—I should be at home, giving myself a mental pump up for school, or dreaming about whatever it is teenagers are supposed to dream, but I wasn't so normal. Oh no. I was a seventeen year old girl, walking about in the forest at eleven at night.

I didn't want to give my head a second change to react with my body. I marched up to the house, and paused just the slightest at the door.

The eyes left.

Suddenly, I had less power than I imagined. I could picture myself walking through the door, and being disappointed with the outcome. I didn't want that. I wanted an adventure.

I twisted the knob, and pushed it wide open, heart racing in my throat. Before me was a large staircase. In two opposite rooms on either side, were furnished, but not exactly in use.

Strange.

Not that I had expected less. Still disappointed, I looked down at the fourth threatening text I had received from dad, and started towards a place I now called home.

And all the while, those eyes followed me. Right to my front step.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story. Would be much appreciated if you could leave a comment, perhaps suggest some ideas. New teen wolf fanfic. Yay or nay?