Status: Active.

Safe and Sound

Beautiful name.

"Everything will be okay."

Those are the words an unlucky mammal hears right before it's 'put out of its misery'. I believed it was a little early to attend school, with just moving here and all but no. Dad was determined to make me feel as comfortable here as soon as possible. "Can't I just miss today? Come back tomorrow?"

He sighed, "Adaladiane," I cringed, the name sounded much worse when he said it. Adaladiane. How many times had someone mispronounced my name? I couldn't even begin to tell you. Most of the kids gave up after trying, and just called me Diane, or A, "You just need to get this over with. Like a band-aid, the quicker the better."

"There's still pain after." I replied sourly. "And, not all scars heal, you know." My name was pronounced Ah-duh-lay-dee-anne. Several people misinterpreted it as Ad-a-la-die-anne. It was my great-grandmothers name. I couldn't blame my father for going along with it—my grandmother could be a very mean individual.

My father sighed, "Look, you're going to get your ass into that school, with or without me." I gawked, the fear of strolling behind my father on the first day was humiliating. "Your choice, bud."

Not another word was even uttered. I flung open the door and rushed out, not even bothering to take a look at my fathers face as he laughed me to the front of the school.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

I took in exactly how odd this school was. There was no great club or team for academics, there was an obvious high demand of popularity, and of course there were jocks—but not just normal jocks. Oh no, no basketball or football stars. Just a Lacrosse team. Which had won State Championships for going on four years in a row. The cafeteria was flocked with over seven hundred students, but it didn't end there. They filled the school hallways and stairwells.

It was mind blowing, that I went from such a small town, to a really big one. It didn't seem logically possible to have this many students in one school. But here they were, and here I was. Sitting isolated from the remainder of the groups and circles of friends and clubs.

I didn't want any part of it. No drama, no freaky stuff, or clubs. I didn't want popularity, or attention. I wanted to pass high school. And move out.

I just wanted to be alone.

However my parents seem to take this into account, but care not. I was still shipped off, to here, where there have been several animal killings and attacks. This school had been closed for at least four days.

I just wonder, Why in the hell did my mother ship me here?. It was obvious that she hated me, and my father.

A tray slammed down onto the table, the seat right in front of me. I could feel eyes on me again. The same eyes from last night—that eerie stare that had me oddly comforted. Safe and sound.

"Look, Stiles." I slowly rose my eyes from the tray to the three males standing in front of me, "You scared the poor thing." The boy speaking wasn't even a boy—he was a man. The most amazing this about him was his eyes—those eyes.

It was him

"N-No, it's okay." I whispered. "I was just leaving—"

"No, stay!" The boy that must've been Stiles sat down across from me and looked apologetic. "We didn't come over here to make you move,"

"Yeah, we were just coming to say hi. I'm Scott." The last boy smiled. "You're in my History class,"

"And my Psychology class!" Stiles in-jerked.

"And I figured you might want to get to know some of your peers—"

I interrupted him, "Thanks, but I like being alone."

"Oh, c'mon." Stiles took a bite out of his apple and spoke through his chewing, "No human individual likes being alone. The study of the mind and all."

"Humans are also allowed their privacy and piece in mind, Stiles, lets go." The man said through his teeth. "Get up now."

"No." Scott said, sitting down on the available chair beside me. "Derek, sit down." He looked up knowingly at Derek, eyebrows quirked. When he finally sat down, he stared long and hard at me, but never made direct eye contact. "What's your name?"

I shook my head, "If the teacher couldn't say it, chances are you won't be able to either."

Stiles snorted, "Well, Ms. Peterson gave it a good shot."

I knotted my eyebrows, "Yeah, and still didn't say it right."

"Well, what is it?" I looked up at Derek. This time, I got a good look into those beautiful eyes. Bright, hard, and timeless.

I sighed, "Just call me Diane. Or A, whichever you prefer."

"I'd prefer your full name." It came as a shock for me. Most people—most normal, sane people took whatever I gave them. It's not like anyone interacted with me unless it was nessesary.

I exhaled loudly, "Adaladiane."

Stiles spit out the water in his mouth, almost directly on me. "What the hell?"

Scott laughed, "It's worse than your name Stiles."

"But extremely beautiful." I couldn't imagine a man ever calling me beautiful, let alone my name. Derek had a thing going on—and something about him, no matter how dangerous it may be, drew me to him. In scary, seductive ways.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, Adaladiane is an original, uncommon name. It took me forever to find something I liked. Whatcha guys think?