‹ Prequel: Charming the Charming

Charming's Charmless

Some Kind Of Normality

Image

“How far are we?” Helen asked lagging behind with her injured leg burning as she limped along the side of a road foreign to her.
Gemma turned back. “Not far baby. Just hold on we will be home soon.” She looked down at Helen's leg and noted the gore poking out from the split material.
“No, no.” Helen stopped and took a deep breath in. “If I don't pass out soon Jimmy will end up catching up to us. He would know we are gone by now.”
Tara turned back. “We have to keep going.”
Just as Helen was about to let another complaint fly the sound of a car met their ears. “And the Gods must be smiling down on us today. Let's pray this is a guy.” Helen turned to the sound of the car and gingerly moved her heavy limbs around her tank top and peeled it from her skin.
Tara moved to her sister's back as Helen held out her arm with the tank hanging from her fingers. “What if it's Jimmy?”
“If it is either way we're screwed.”
The classic style car slowed to a rumbling halt and as Helen's eyes landed over the vehicle a small smile tugged at the edge's of her lips.
“You ladies need a ride?” Alex's accent met their ears in the most relieved way.
“In the worst way.” Helen dipped her head to his driver's side window.
“Jesus Helen what the fuck happened?” Alex took in the sight of Helen's beating.
Tara waved Gemma over as Helen replied. “Swap you a story for a fast ride back to the garage.”
“Get in.”

Juice packed the last of his stash into a leather sack on the back of his bike and looked over to Jax. “I am not going to let those Irish bastards get away with this.”
Looking up from his own bike Jax nodded. “Neither am I brother.”
“And if Clay tells us to back down?” Juice wanted to hear that his VP would go against Clay's orders.
“You will.” Tig came up behind the young men. “What Clay says is final.”
Jax rounded on Tig. “And you're just going to let the Irish get away with kidnapping Gemma? Really? You're going to tell me you're okay with that?”
Tig nodded his head. “Yeah I am.”
“Bullshit!”
If Tig had learnt anything over the years it was that patience was the winner of most games. “No bullshit Jax. I am okay with this and when it has blown over I am going to go to Jimmy O and put a bullet in his head.”
Jax stepped back. “I'm not leaving it that long.”
“Neither am I.” Juice came up beside Jax. “Jimmy has taken this too far.”
Looking at the revved up youths before him Tig admired their morals and headstrong attitude. “Leave it lie for now. It's what Jimmy will be expecting and something I have no doubt he has planned for. This prick has us by the balls right now and he knows it. Think with a bit of logic boys do you really think that Jimmy is just going to let us walk in there without his men aiming a gun straight at our heads?”
The men looked at each other knowing that Tig was right.
“Shit.”

Alex's eyes widened as Gemma gave him the condensed and club friendly version of events as he drove foot heavy on the accelerator.
“I was worried when I turned up to KerraKerra and Juice was standing outside. He told me to just go home. Boy was he pissed off, scary actually.” Alex flicked an eye into the rear view mirror catching Helen wincing while Tara examined her damage.
“Are you sure we don't need to take Helen to a hospital first?”
“Very sure. Tara is doctor enough. We need to get back before the club does something stupid.” Helen protested. Again she bit down a curse as Tara pressed down on her stomach.
“Nothing is broken.”
“Sure doesn't feel that way.” Helen sat back against her sister and moved her gaze to the back seat windows.
Alex rounded a corner into a street that each women was thankful to see again. The Teller-Morrow sign was faded, especially against the vivid blue of the afternoon sky. The sounds of bikes revving in the lot could be heard before Alex turned his car into the large open gates.
Tara looked out the window catching sight of Jax as he turned with Juice and Tig to the sounds of the car rumbling up to them.
“Thank Christ they are still here.” Gemma said relieved that the boys hadn't gone off on a tangent and left already even as they were getting ready to.
Looking over the men bristled as the car came to a grumbling halt a few steps shy of them. They watched as the driver's side window rolled down and the pornstar stuck his head out. “I believe you guys are missing some dames?”
Gemma was the first to exit the vehicle coming eye to eye with her son. “We're okay baby.” It was all she said before the men came running to her side.
Jax flung his arms around his mother. “Mom!”
“Gemma.” Tig let a smile crease his face. “I'll...I'll go get Clay.”
Tig jogged back past Juice as Jax let his arms drop at the sound of another car door clicking open. “Some help would be awesome.” Tara poked her head out as Helen leaned against her sister's arm. “Juice help me out.”
Feeling his heart begin to pound against his ribs for what seemed like the hundredth time in two days Juice moved around to Tara's side. He let a slow breath escape his lungs and stuck his head in.
“Hey you.” Helen managed a weary smile through her pain and tiredness.
Seeing bruises blemish her skin again put him back in the same place he had been when they first met. Like the job had never left him Juice felt the immediate need to pull her into his arms and protect her.
“Hey.” His voice crackled but stamping out the tears that prickled his eyes Juice carefully leaned across Tara and scooped up his woman and pulled her from the car.
Finally Tara was the last to exit the car and soon found herself in the safety of Jax's arms. She took a deep sigh of relief and let the exhaustion she had been holding back engulf her being. Jax felt Tara's body go heavy and he looked down. “Come on let's get inside.”

“It felt too easy.” Tara said as she sat securely in Jax's lap facing the group. She looked over to Gemma who sat as close to Clay as she could and to Helen now passed out in Juice's arms.
“Definitely not the end of this.” Gemma agreed. “And another thing...” Her attention turned to Juice. “We came across Lucy's car in the parking lot of the Irish warehouse.”
Juice's mindless stroking over Helen's arm as she slept against his chest came to a halt. His brows went up. “What?”
Tara nodded confirming Gemma's revelation. “We think she is with the Irish.”
“No. She is trouble, but the Irish? No way.” He began to shake his head but stopped to look down at Helen. Again he was wrong and someone else was right. As he thought about it everything was starting to make a lot more sense. Lucy had blown back into town after Clay had made the Irish deal and after years of not hearing from her, she was more than just keen on patching things up. When that had failed to work Lucy had stepped back but still managed to get back in there.
“Shit. Think she was apart of their plan to take the stash?”
Clay nodded. “Might have been. But for now I suggest everyone go home and be thankful today didn't go another way. Tomorrow we come back and decide what to do with Jimmy O.”

Harriet had been so happy to see Helen limp through the door with her arm around Juice's shoulders that the great hound began to yip and whine in excitement.
“I think someone else is happy you're home too.” Juice pointed out with a smile as he kicked the door shut behind them and planted Helen on the couch.
Making her happy way over Harriet flopped down at Helen's feet and waited for an ear scratch which came soon and was sorely missed.
It was nightfall already and Helen looked up at Juice as he stood in front of her not sure what to say at this point.
“I...” Helen found words just as hard but as Juice moved to lean over her she didn't have to worry about words.
With his arms either side of her and hands planted over the top of the couch Juice brushed his lips against hers. The feeling of his skin touching hers awakened a hunger deep inside the pit of her stomach. Helen snaked her arms around his neck and pulled Juice down to her level and felt his tongue flicker over her neck. Letting a soft moan escape her lips Juice smiled into her flesh and gently pressed her down against the couch. He felt her legs shift around his waist and began creeping a hand up the front of her top. The heat radiating between them only forced more moans from Helen and as Juice left a trail of kisses and nips down her neck to her stomach Helen's skin shuddered in the most pleading way.
Soon Helen felt Juice's hands working her jeans from her skin and teeth tugging at her panties. Words wouldn't have been near enough. Juice ran his hands up and down the sides of Helen's thighs and took a moment to enjoy her silky flesh before scraping down with his nails causing a gasp of ecstasy from his woman. In that moment he knew exactly what he wanted to do the moment this mess with the Irish was over.

“So it's agreed.” Clay looked around the table once more before tapping the wooden hammer down. It was done. The Sons would head out and send Jimmy a message that they were coming for him.
Sitting around the bar the three women waited for the men to exit the meeting and could on speculate amongst each other what they were planning on. Whatever it was they knew it wasn't going to be pretty.
Helen looked over to her sister and to Gemma with a set jaw as the sounds of a familiar car rolled up to the club house.
“Helen no.” Tara slipped from her seat after her sister who despite her injuries had bolted from the seat and was already out the door.
“Shit.” Gemma cursed moving after the two young women just as the men were filing out from the meeting room.
“What's going on?” Jax asked but before his mother could answer they were met with the sounds of women shouting outside the clubhouse.
“You are working with the Irish on this drug deal.” Tara snapped with two arms firmly wrapped around her sisters waist.
Helen's hands were balled up into tight fists and eyes narrowed on Lucy who was starting to lose her nerves. Jimmy had sent her in hopes of sweetening Juice and salvaging whatever plans he could before the Sons came after him. But Lucy could see this was a failing act and as the club stood back and watched with accusing eyes she knew Jimmy had just thrown her in the pit.
With one hard tug Helen had broken free of Tara's grip and was wrapping her hands around a discarded rectangle of wood laying next to her. Lucy knew what was about to come but was too slow to react. Moving her whole body Helen whacked the wooden board with enough force over Lucy's face that the lot rang with the sounds of bones crunching and screams.
“Pick yourself the fuck up and leave.” Helen worked up a wad of spit and let it fly over Lucy's face. “If I see you in Charming again I won't stop at breaking your nose.” With a booted foot she kicked the crying and bleeding woman hard in the stomach. “Get out of here!”
As quick as she could Lucy scrambled from the lot floor and scooted into her car wiping blood from her face and soon her tyres were screeching from the garage gates.
Helen turned dropping the board back on the ground to the smiles of the bikers used to violence. She looked to her sister whose mouth hung open and Gemma suppressing a smile of her own.
“Need to get back to KerraKerra.”
Clay turned to Halfsack. “Go with Helen and make sure she doesn't leave your sight.”
Nodding Sack made his way over to Helen with a smile. “Nice one.”

“That's a beauty JuicyBoy.” Chibs stood around with Jax and Opie as Juice showed them the contents of a little blue box he had been keeping on him all day.
“And that's really from Tiffany's?” Jax asked as he took another look at the box.
“Of course it is.” Juice couldn't contain his smile if he tried. “So what do you guys think?”
“I think you're insane.” Opie was the first to reply with a half smile. “Take it from someone who knows.”
Chibs gave Opie a nude to the arm. “Don't scare the kid. It's only his second time.”
Juice's smile faded. “Come on guys.”
They shared a snigger. “It's great man, really.” Jax patted Juice's shoulder. “But I think you should ask Tara for some kind of permission first.”
Nodding Juice took Jax's suggestion. “As soon as Helen is at KerraKerra I will ask Tara for the green light.”
“That's a good lad.” Chibs took one last look at the little blue box.
“What are you boys whispering about over there?” Helen walked past with a suspicions look on her face.
“Nothing!” The men snapped into a casual line and shook their heads.
“Ahh okay. I'm not even going to ask a second time.” Her brow was raised as the men still smiled wide at her. “That's just too creepy.”
Juice was the first to let out a breath that he had been holding in and left the line. “Have a good day baby.” Planting a kiss on her cheek she turned and caught his lips on hers.
“And don't you go doing something that will get you killed.”
“Can't promise that.” Again a smile, but it was his usual bright grin that met her.
“Hrm. I will be back in a few hours. Luanne comes back tomorrow and I just have some paperwork while the girls finish up some money shot scenes.”
“Argh my favourite part!” Chibs sounded from behind them.
“Rightio a little too much for me to want to know Chibs.”
Juice planted a firm hand over Helen's backside as she turned to leave. Yup this was it. Nodding to himself Juice turned to find Tara.