‹ Prequel: Charming the Charming

Charming's Charmless

Old Feelings and Old Attitudes

Image

“And that's about it. Did you get it all?” Luanne turned to Helen who was scribbling down the last of her listed duties.
Her first day at KerraKerra had just begun and already she ad a mountain of duties that would keep her busy till late afternoon.
“Sure did.” She tucked the notepad and pen in the back pocket of her jeans.
Luanne smiled and clapped her hands together. “Great! The storage closet is over there. You can get started on clearing the set.” She pointed to a space were three naked women were clearing off. “And put it back together. If you need me you know where I will be.”
Handing her a small set of keys, each with their own label Luanne turned for her office and let Helen get on with her duties.
It wasn't long before Helen was putting the set's bedroom back together and swapping the sheets when the warehouse's door opened and shut again. A gaggle of voice followed as a band of women clicked their heels in the direction of the dressing room.
“Hey is Luanne in yet?” A male's voice asked as Helen turned to dump the sheets in a dry cleaners sack.
“Yeah. She is in her office.” Helen looked up at the bright blue eyes and dark brown hair that was tied back and recognised the face. “Alex, isn't it?”
He smiled. “Yeah.” He squinted his eyes and wagged a finger at her. “And you're Helen. You took the order for my car.”
“Sure did. So you work here?”
He chuckled and leaned back with his hands in his back pockets. “Yup. And you are here because?”
“Oh I just started today. Luanne needed an assistant and Jax put me up for the job.”
“I thought you had a job at the garage?”
Helen slung her weight to one hip as she looked up at the tall porn star. “Yeah I did, but things weren't working out.”
Alex smiled. “Well welcome to KerraKerra.” His stretched out his arms to his sides. “I gotta get ready for shooting. But I will catch you later?”
“Yup.” Helen nodded with a polite smile before turning back to her duties.

“Is that all?” Jimmy O'Phelan tapped the top of the table as Clay and Jax sat across from him.
The package from Juice sitting in front of them.
“It's a start.” Jax said.
“You mean that's all your dirty little Hispanic could get you.”
Clay shook his head. “Jimmy. It's a start. If it goes well and Juice can sell it you get more.”
Jimmy didn't fully trust the Sons after everything they had been through against each other. But right now Jimmy had them right in his little Irish palm. They needed some serious cash and Jimmy needed drugs pushed outside of Charming.
“I suppose.”

“Well that was an eye opener.” Helen said as she sat on a chair beside Luanne.
Cameras rolled from either side of the set as Alex performed an act that Helen wasn't sure had an actual name.
“Well you're still young.” Luanne drank from her bottle of Iced Tea as the climax came and went with shouts and roars from Alex and his consort.
Luanne had asked Helen to sit in on the filming believing it a vital part of any assistants daily routine and was quiet pleased as Helen's manners.
“It's not often I get good girls like you come through here. Most of them end up on set or in bed with someone here one way or another.”
“I am just here to work Luanne.”
“That's good to hear sweetie. Though I hear you been having some issues with your Old Man?”
Helen turned to face Luanne. “Umm...”
“Oh sorry love. I don't mean to pry. It's just I know how hard it is when your man goes into Jail.”
Helen sat back in her chair. “Yeah.”
“Listen. I been watching you all day and you have been working real hard and it's just your first day and everything but we all usually go out for drinks...do you think if I rang Clay and organised something at the club for tonight you would come?”
It had been an insane day already and Helen felt like she could sleep for a million years but as she watched Luanne's eyes spark up at the thought of a club party how could she say no.
“Yeah sure.”
“Wonderful!” Luanne slipped from her chair but before turning she gently placed a hand over Helen's. “It will get better. Trust me.”

Gemma watched from the Club House as porn stars and stripper littered the lot that night surrounded by the usual ice tub of booze and drums of fire.
Trust Luanne to convince Clay to throw a mid week party for no reason except to just party. Shaking her head Gemma smiled. No matter how old Luanne was the party spirit in her never died.
“I heard Juice came home this morning.” Tara said as she handed Helen a bottle of rum.
“Yup.” Helen stood behind the bar and took the bottle from Tara. “I woke up and there he was. Flowers in his hand.”
“Flowers? Oh God.” Tara rolled her eyes.
Flipping the bottle like she had never left her bar job fro years ago, Helen poured shots into the glasses lined up along the bar.
“I know. But I think he understands not to leave like that again.” Knocking back a shot Helen quickly refilled it and dumped it down her throat again.
“Hey again.” Alex walked up to the bar and took a seat next to Tara.
Helen shot him a quick smile before lining up another row of glasses to be filled.
“Uh hi there.” Tara gave a forced smile noticing Alex's eyes skim over her sister.
“Hi.” Alex turned to Tara with a pearly smile.
“That's Tara. My sister and Old Lady to this club's VP.” Helen poured another line of shots out slowly feeling as if she were back behind a real bar over a long weekend on New Orleans.
“Well it's nice to meet you. I'm Alex. I work at KerraKerra.”
Tara's lips parted in surprise before shutting again. “Oh, so you work with Helen?”
A slight laugh met his lips. “Not exactly. I work on set with the girls.”
“Oh...oh!” Tara caught on.
Helen stifled a laugh as her sister blushed
“What's so funny?” Jax asked slinging an arm around Tara's shoulders and planting a kiss on her cheek.
“Tara and porn stars don't mix.” Helen laughed and nodded in the direction of Alex.
Jax looked him up and down. “And let's keep it that way.”
“No problems with me, mate.” Alex put his hands up.
“See you later on?” Tara turned her attention to her sister.
“I'll be around.”
“Have you seen Juice?”
Helen shook her head. “Nope.”
“If I see him want me to tell him you're in here?”
“Yea, thanks.”
Tara turned with Jax and headed out into the lot were the party was quickly coming to life.
“Juice?” Alex pulled one of the shots towards him.
“Yup.” Helen nodded and knocked back her third shot. “My Old Man.”
Alex sat back. “Oh, I thought you just worked here?”
“I did. But Juice came before that.”
Alex pressed the glass to his lips and tipped it back. “What does he do?”
Helen raised her brow. “Stuff. Stuff that isn't your business.” She slowly placed her glass on the bench and a hand over her hip. “Word of advice Alex, don't ask about club business.”
He smirked and stole another shot. “Yes ma'am.”
Helen pursed her lips and looked over the bench crowded with very full shot glasses. “Right that's my job done.” With a quick duck and swing under the bench Helen took up one more shot and moved herself through the sea of people slowly forming inside.

Juice rubbed his hands over the sides of his freshly shaven head and looked over the crowd gathered outside the Club House. Drinks had been flowing and everyone was in the full swing of party mode. A large crowd of men were gathered around something couldn't see.
He could head them cheering and women squealing causing the men to cry out more. With a shrug Juice made his way over to the commotion. Slinking his way to the front a laugh played over his face as two of the KerraKerra girls squirmed around in a pit of mud. Each girl attempting to rip one another's clothes off. Juice looked up to notice Helen standing on the opposite side of the pit with thick white cardboard in her hands as she watched the mud wrestling women.
“Not biting!” She shouted gently nudging one of the girls with her flat boots. “Don't make me red card you.”
Juice bit his lower lip watching Helen parade around her side of the pit in her shirt tight Jean skirt and ripped fishnets.
“And you're out!” Helen held up a sign with words 'You're Out' written across the middle.
A smile on her face soon turned to a laugh as the old Helen began to creep in for the night.
“You should go over and talk to her.” Tara nudged Juice on the arm as she looked over at her sister. “It's not everyday she is like this any more.”
Juice looked down at Tara. “So that's how you know her?”
“Sure is. Helen used to be the life of the party. The mud pit was her idea.” Tara sipped from her beer bottle as Helen rounded up the next two girls and shoved them in the pit.
Again she held up a sign with the words 'Round 1' and waved it in the air.
Tara felt an arm hook round her waist and let out a squeal as Jax slung her over his shoulder. “Come on my woman!”
Juice let out another laugh as Jax made off with Tara. He looked back over at Helen and shrugged to himself before moving around the edges of the pit.
“Finally made it.” Helen looked up at Juice. “You shaved.” She ran a ran over the sides of his head and down his face. “It looks good.”
“Yeah.” He smiled. “Been having fun?”
Helen moved to the side as more men began to gather around the women. “Yeah I have.”
“How was your first day at KerraKerra?” Juice was starting to feel stupid asking all these questions. It wasn't like him to feel this stupid around Helen but after all that had happened over the past six months he felt like they were just at the beginning still.
“It was good. Luanne is great and the girls are really nice. I like it there so far.” Helen gave Juice a smile that made his heart thud hard against his chest.
Men watched as one of the women from the pit left in a huff after losing her earring.
“Any takers? Come on ladies we need another one of you!” Helen shouted over the crowd waving her arm like a Ring Master would at a circus.
“Looks like you're out of luck.” Juice leaned down and kissed her neck.
Her skin prickled at the hot flush of his lips against her skin and she bit down on her lip.
“Nope, there is still one girl left.” Helen turned and shoved the signs into Juice's hand and gave him a wicked grin as she removed the cut off cardigan that had been coveting her slashed up tank top.
Licking his bottom lip and trying not to let a smile encompass his face Juice watched as his woman stepped down into the pit and slapped her arms in the mud.
“Is that Helen?” Halfsack wandered up to Juice's side followed by Chibs.
The three men tilted their heads as Helen pushed the KerraKerra girl against a wall of mud and wrapped a leg around her waist so she was unable to squirm as Helen tore at her shirt.
“Yup. That's Helen.”
“Uh, wow.” Chibs lowered his sunglasses as the shirt came flying from the pit in their direction.
“I don't wanna say anything inappropriate Juice, but that is really hot.” Halfsack stabbed at the air in front of the women as they wrestled with his finger and nodded his approval.
The KerraKerra girl grabbed Helen's tank top and hooked a finger into the slashes and tore the further apart till the top was just shreds.
Helen let out a laugh playfully shoving the woman back before peeling off the shreds. She noticed the tattoos across her knuckles that read 'BabyDoll'. “Your name BabyDoll?” Helen asked making her way closer to the woman.
“Sure is.” Her voice was high pitched and suited her name.
The music around them changed to something grungy.
“Well BabyDoll, you're out!” Helen reached forward and tugged hard on BabyDoll's bikini top tearing it from her chest.
The men whooped in excitement when Helen threw the top into the crowd.
BabyDoll let out a laugh and threw her arms around Helen. “Good show girl!”
Juice held out a hand as Helen sloshed through the mud towards him. Halfsack and Chibs each took hold of BabyDoll and saw her safely into the club for a rub down.
“Tara mentioned you were feeling more like your old self tonight.” Juice followed Helen close by her side as she made her way through to the Club House.
“I feel a bit like it.” She looked over at Juice and gave him a lopsided smile. “Listen, I'm sorry about this morning.”
“No don't be.”
Helen shook her head and stopped to place a hand over his chest. “No I do have to be. It wasn't fair for me to expect you to just be there.” She put a hand over her bare and muddy stomach, the scar raised from her skin. “We both lost our baby that night.”
Juice's eyes softened as she spoke. “So what do we do now?”
Helen slid her arm around his neck. “We make the best of what we have.”
He smiled and wrapped his arms around her waist. “Sounds like a plan.”