Status: New story! In process. I'd love some comments.

Letting Go

Saige isn't normal. She doesn't speak, wears the most unflattering clothing she can find, and last but not least...she's over two hundred years old, yet still looks 16. But she's become accustomed to it throughout her life. But when "new students" and twins Glen and Guy Mykel arrive, everything she's learned to hide so well is discovered. But whether it's a good thing or a bad thing she can't decide. Suddenly she's being told she's not human, but a race created by humans long ago. She is a Niame female. A Euphora Siren.

Glen seems to hate her, yet he's the one that always comes to her aid; the one that has to teach her to use her power. Their families are at the brink of war with each other, but can they overcome that and give in to the forces of nature pushing them together?

Now she has to accept the fact that not only was she not normal as a human, but she isn't even normal as the race they tell her she is. But normal or not, she's the only one who can save an entire species-the race she spent two hundred years of her life believing she was-and Glen, the boy haunted and held back by his dark, terrifying past, who's scared to get close to her.

She has to push away all of her insecurities and accept who she truly is, and show everyone she comes in contact with the true meaning of letting go.