Status: Inactive until further notice.

Jesus of Suburbia

V: Tales of Another Broken Home

The scent of sweat and booze hit my nostrils, making me cringe slightly at the smell. Heaven’s body bumped into mine sloppily, the alcohol running its course throughout her system. Her arms were extended up, towards the ceiling, one hand clutching a beer.

My own body moved to the music, as the bass thumped throughout the room. It felt like I mattered for once in my life, although it made me feel excluded at the same time. Being a part of the group had its perks, but it never always stayed as bliss. Sometimes it became a burden.

I scanned the room, seeing everyone dazed from the alcohol consumption, but something felt wrong. I scanned the room again, seeing everything unchanged until I see sweatpants. Her long blond hair falling past her shoulders and the way people eyed her gave her away. Mom has found her way in. I curled my hands into fists as I walked towards her.

“Dude, what the hell is she doing here?” Tunny asked from beside me, eyeing the scene as well. I shrugged, not sure of what to say, but I felt the anger release into my blood stream. “Man, is she going to get fucked. You better take her home, Jimmy.”

I glared over to him, his attention still on my mom. I shoved passed him and walked towards her; she turned around and saw me, smiling a stupid smile. “Honey, I’ve made some new friends, see look.” She slurred her words; it was nearly inaudible to hear her.

“Get the fuck out,” I stated, knocking the beer from her hand. Her eyes followed the spilled beer, before turning her attention to me. “Get the fuck out,”

“You don’t dare talk to me like that! I am your goddamn mother whether you like it or not,” she said, slapping me across the face. I looked at her again, her eyes too glassy to understand anything. I grabbed her arm, twisting her around so that both my arms were under her arms in a tight grasp.

“Let me go, you punk ass!” She kicked and screamed, trying to make me let go. I dragged her out the front door; she was still struggling to be free.

“Leave.” I said dropping her to the ground; she was stunned for a moment, trying to comprehend what just happened. I looked down on her, pity rose inside me. She glanced up at me, pleads in her eyes. “Just get the fuck out of here,”

“Why do you hate me so much? What did I do wrong?” She was sobbing now, her small frame shaking from the violent sobs. I just looked down at her, my hands relaxing at my sides. I sighed and kneeled in front of her, lifting her chin so she could look at me.

“Go home Virginia, you don’t need this shit. Now get the fuck out of here before I drag your ass off the property,” I replied, before standing up. My mom grabbed my shirt and stood up before slapping me across the face.

“You fucking waste of life, I hate you!” She screamed, the veins in her neck protruding out. I grabbed her arms and pushed her towards the car, opening the door and placing her inside. She continued to scream at me, occasionally slapping me as I buckled her in.

“Go home.” I stated simply before shutting the door, I heard her scream one last time before she turned the car on and backed out. I sighed and ran my hands through my hair as I made my way inside again. Tunny looked at me as he took a swig of his beer, but I just looked away and sat at the couch, my head thrown back as I stared at the ceiling.

I had to get out of this fucked up town, it just not worth it anymore. I shut my eyes and exhaled as I made my hands into fists at my sides again. I felt someone sit next to me, but I didn’t bother to look and see who it was. “Are you really enlisted in the army?”

“Yeah, I am. I wasn’t kidding when I said that Jimmy, why do you ask?” Tunny replied from besides me.

“Because I’m gonna join, I’m tired of this shit,”

“We can go to the training facility in the outskirts of Sacramento, that’s where I signed up,” I didn’t say anything else; I just bit my bottom lip and straighten up again. I looked into the crowd, some of the gang members were gathered around snorting coke while the rest danced to shitty music.

“I’ll be at your place sometime tomorrow and we’ll head off. Don’t be late,” I replied as I stood up. Tunny stood up with me, looking at me with a smile on his lips before disappearing into the crowd.