Status: Inactive until further notice.

Jesus of Suburbia

Are We The Waiting

My arms shook as they were bent while holding my body weight, my face hovering just inches above the ground. I wanted to collapse, but I knew that if I did I would have to do this all over again and I wasn’t willing to fucking start over. The sweat from my forehead dripped down into my eyes making them sting, I fucking hate this.

“Stand up and give me fifty jumping jacks, move it!” shouted the sergeant, I looked at him as I pushed myself up off the ground and joined the rest of the recruits, why the fuck did I decided to enlist? This fucking sucks balls.

“Faster Jimmy, this isn’t camp, it’s the army,” Sergeant Avery shouted at me, his face inches from mine. I felt my blood boil inside me, I wanted to sock him in his motherfucking face but I knew that if I did I’d be scrubbing shit from toilets all night. I just did what I was fucking told, my eyes never leaving his face as he continued down the line examining everyone.

As I neared fifty, I stopped and took in a deep breath, but Avery was already screaming more instructions at us. A five mile run was next, fuck me. I followed the recruits, feeling my heart hammer inside my chest, my hands pulsing as I clutched them into fists. Sergeant Avery was running alongside me telling me to go faster, that this wasn’t training for pussies. I stopped running, sweat dripping from my face as I socked him in the face.

“Shut the fuck up you old fucking bastard!” he stumbled back, clutching his face where I had struck him. He looked at me with cold hard eyes, but I didn’t give a damn. I was sweaty, overheated and pissed.

“That’s the last straw, Jimmy get the fucking cleaning supplies and get to cleaning all the bathroom stalls,” he shouted at me, I just looked at him my fist tightening though I knew better than to strike him again. “Get the fuck out of my site!”

I turned around; the other recruits didn’t even notice the event. I heard Avery shout more instructions to the others, but I headed insides to get the cleaning supplies. I fucking hate this, I signed up to be blown up not to be yelled at by a Viagra dependant bastard. As I made my way insides, Lauren looked at me and smiled. I just rolled my eyes and headed to the janitors closet for gloves, goggles and cleaning supplies.

“Got into trouble again, I’m guessing?” Lauren asked, leaning against the door frame. I turned to look at her as I wiped the sweat off my forehead.

“That bastard had it coming,” I replied grabbing what I needed before leaving. She didn’t get the clue and followed me, what is it with girls following me? I turned around to face her; she stopped just inches from my face. “Fuck off, will ya? Jeez,” I was about to turn around when her lips met mine. I didn’t kisser her back but backed off before turning around.

She was still following me when I reached the bathroom stalls. There weren’t many, but they were the most disgusting things you’ve ever seen. The smell made me gag and I held my breath before walking over to the window and opening it. Lauren just leaned against the wall and looked at me, a smile on her lips. I dropped the stuff and turned around, looking at her.

“What the fuck do you want?” I asked, she just smiled as I neared her, my fists balled up in frustration.

“Nothing, just tagging along,” I raised my fists but then lowered them down. I shoved her against the wall, her head slamming against the dirty tile.

“Then fucking leave me alone, I don’t want anything to do with you. I’ve been in this hell hole for a fucking week now and I don’t need any more shit than what I’m getting,” I growled at her, she just smiled at me, this bitch doesn’t get it.

“I know and I was thinking that maybe we could head into the city tonight? The base allows us to leave for weekends, but we have to be return tomorrow, if we want to keep getting paid,” she stated as a matter of fact, I let her go and stalked off. Was she asking me out?

I grabbed a cleaner and started squirting solution onto the dirty sinks and mirrors. “What would we be doing?” I asked nonchalant, I could sense her smiling.

“Anything you want,” she walked over to me and kissed me, her lips dry but gentle against my own. I kissed her back without affection. “I’ll see you at the gates tonight at 6 o’clock then,” she started as she backed away.

“Okay,” she smiled before walking out of the bathroom leaving me to do the dirty work.

___________


I crossed my arms as I waited for Lauren, my black t-shirt hung slightly loose from my body; at least the army had one perk: muscle building. I ran my hands through my shorter hair—a nervous habit—the fuckers had cut my hair. I kicked some dirt with my beat up converse before looking around for any sign of her. When I saw her, she was wearing a short skirt with a red scoop necked tee, her hair was loose in soft curls.

“Took you long enough,” I stated as she approached me, pecking me on the lips like we’ve been going out for months.

“I had to look perfect for you,” she smiled, kissing me again. I rolled my eyes and headed out the gates towards the parking lot. I could hear her heels click behind me as I headed towards the parked cars, Tunny had dropped off my beat up car a few days later, didn’t want to get arrested for auto theft. That fucking pussy.

I got in and waited for her; as soon as she did I turned on the car and back out before hitting the highway. I looked straight ahead, the city lights just seemed like dots of light off in the distance. It’d take a good thirty minutes to get there and I don’t like the idea of listening to Lauren babble nonsense.

“Where exactly are we going?” I asked her after a few minutes of hearing her mouth run nonstop.

“To the Boulevard, it’s a pretty cool hang out. You’ll see what I mean when we get there,”

“You better be right, otherwise I’m leaving your ass stranded out in the city. You can hitch a ride back to the base,” I growled. Why am I so fucking moody all of a sudden? Maybe I needed a good fuck. I glanced at Lauren, taking her in carefully as I assessed my options. Yeah, she’ll do.