Sequel: Blood Red Moon
Status: Warning: Currently rewriting! Chapter 1-5 are safe!

Red at Day

Chapter 13 - Boats and Booze

We enter Paulatuk shaking. It's cold and we still need to get some new clothes. Shopping's always fun when everything's free. When things are on sale, though, it's almost free. You just have to worry about the crowds. In this case, the crowd is a horde of zombies and there's a good chance we could lose another person. At least everything's free.
Since the beginning of the apocalypse we've lost a few people. Adolf was the first to go. When the girls were on watch he told us he wanted to talk to Jackie. We let them go and while we were talking, Adolf tried to rape Jackie! Jackie came back and told us what happened and while we ran to go kill the zombie Adolf, we ran into a horde. We managed to get away from it but a second one came out of the lake we were camping next to. That horde happened to kill Curt. We grabbed the dying Curt and brought him home where he turned into a zombie. No one really liked Curt so we used him as a pinata. Thinking back that was pretty bad to do to a person's corpse but... like I said, no one liked him. The last person to die was Bruce. Jackie, afraid someone else might try to have their way with her like Adolf tried, killed him. The group decided to keep her on watch (even if Paris doesn't agree.) Now that I think about it, Paris has been pretty depressed lately. I hope she's okay.
We enter an old clothing shop after grocery shopping. I've already reminded everyone that we need to dress in layers and to be careful. I don't hear any groans or moaning but I stay alert. I move towards the black clothes and take three long sleeve shirts, a sweatshirt, a big poofy coat, two pairs of sweatpants, and two pairs of gray ski pants. Everyone else has the same items as me but in different colors. We all take our stuff to Bruce's van and put it back there. We kept Bruce's van for storage but even if we didn't need it, Paris wouldn't let us get rid of it. She says it's her last memory of Bruce. Everyone thinks she's too unstable to drive but she insists she's okay.
“Okay, guys,” I say once we're all at the van “we're going to get all our essentials done. We're going to stay at a house tonight. There we'll shower, eat, clean our clothes, and collect a whole mess of gas. We're near the ocean so we're going to find a boat to sail to the north pole.”
“We're really doing this!” Jackie enthuses.
“While we're on the boat I'll get the code ready for The Pole. It'll take a few days or so to get past the government and pull up old files. I'll also need a USB cord that will fit my laptop and The Pole.” James informs.
“Alright, we'll go to a CVS. We can grab soap and hopefully your cord there. If not, we can search for one while we grab the gas.” I reply.
“How much gas do we need?” Honey asks.
“It depends on the boat.” Carter says “We need a ten person boat and if we're staying on it, we'll also need rooms if possible.”
“So, like, a yacht?” Rose asks.
“Yeah, and they store up to five thousand gallons. We don't need all five thousand to get to the north pole. Plus gas stations take years to run dry so we can just pump gas into it and have a few gallons to take on board.” My mouth drops. I forgot about the gas pumps. I usually figured we had to find the containers that already had gas in them.
“I say we should keep the boat in the water so we'll have to pump the gas into the containers.” Carter says.
We go to CVS to get our own soap and shampoo. I grab dial soap with orange smelling shampoo and conditioner. When the apocalypse comes, you tend to treasure the little things like soap and showering. Then we move to a rather large house with four bedrooms and three bathrooms. James sets up his generator in the basement after we check the house out. The water heater is electric and the stove is run with gas. The house also caries a large amount of candles (and wine) in the basement. We light candles and stick them around the house after covering the windows with blankets. We lock the door and decide who stays in which room. Paris refuses to sleep with the single ladies. She insists on sleeping on the couch. We don't disagree. James sleeps a room with a twin bed, desk, and bookshelf. Carter and Angel sleep in a room with a queen size bed and large bookshelf. Reed and Rose sleep in a room with two twin beds that can easily be pushed together. Finally the single girls get the master bedroom. A king size bed, a couch, grand bookshelf, and mini balcony. I'd say all the rooms have TV's and computers, but there's no more channels running and the internet is down. The only reason James can do what he's doing is because he's hacking another computer.
We all sit down in the living room and play games together while drinking wine out of some really nice glasses. Paris sits on the couch staring into space as she drinks her weight in liqueur. James and Carter play checkers while Angel, Jackie, and I play “Candy Land”. Reed and Rose play “Shoots n' Ladders” while Honey and Kasmira play “Life”.
“Red wine's my favorite.” James says, taking the last sip in his glass.
“Have some more. There's tons in the basement.” Jackie giggles.
“How much have you had to drink?”
“Like....” Jackie begins counting on her fingers “three bottles.” We look next to her and see three empty bottles of red wine laying next to her. Jackie's almost halfway through her fourth bottle. Jackie use to drink a lot so she knows what she's doing. Everyone else is still working on their second bottle. Jackie picks up her fourth bottle and drinks from it, ignoring the glass we gave her.
“I-I'm a lil' tipsy.” Jackie giggles.
“Checkmate.” Carter smiles.
“Checkmate! Checkmate!”
“What's your prize?” Angel laughs.
“You!” Carter says, picking Angel up bridal style. Carter stumbles up the stairs and Angel holds up the two full bottles in her hands. That's the last we'll see of them tonight.
“Annabelle, yo' a good friend!” Jackie slurs as she lays on me.
“Yo' a good friend too!” I giggle, laying on my elbows and petting her head.
“Remember when you called me and... and I was so tipsy! Wow that seems so long ago! I couldn't hear ya outta my phone! But now we don't have phones and I can hear you! What if we were on phones?”
“Then we couldn't hug each other!”
“True, true! I love your hugs, Annabelle! Yo a good friend!”
“I'm gonna sleep on the couch.” Kasmira yawns.
“That's my bed!” Paris yells.
“In our room!” Kasmira huffs, stumbling up the stairs.
“Stay off my couch!” Paris yells. She takes a big sip of her wine then curls up into a ball on the sofa. Silent tears run down her face but no one notices. It's amazing how you can feel so alone in a room full of people.
“Annabelle, remember when you walked me to class?” Jackie giggles “You were such a good boyfriend!”
“I'm a good boyfriend!” I reply.
“Yo a good boyfriend!”
“Yo a good boyfriend, too!”
“Oh I know I am!” It's a joke we had before all this happened. Honey crawls up the stairs and into the king's bed. It's large enough to fit all three of us with room to spare. Jackie already called sleeping in the middle of Honey and I. It wasn't until one in the morning that everyone finally went to bed.
At eleven in the morning I wake up with my head pounding and Jackie's head on my shoulder. I'm rather glad she doesn't drool in her sleep. I carefully move Jackie and go in search of medicine. I look through the bathrooms and find two bottles of really good painkillers. I take them and go into the kitchen. Angel's already in the kitchen making a large pot of coffee.
“Where did you find those? I was looking all over for them but decided to make some coffee instead.” Angel says, holding her head.
“Couldn't you just ask Carter where he stashed his medicine?” I ask, giving her the second bottle.
“He's still sleeping.” Angel gladly takes the bottle and takes out two pills.
“Is anyone else up?”
“Paris is but she went to the basement. She's curing her hangover with more alcohol. James and Kasmira should be up soon.”
“Yeah, Honey too. Jackie will sleep until twelve thirty while everyone else will probably wake up around eleven thirty or twelve.” Angel nods and waits for the pot to be done so she can take her pills. Angel and I take our coffee with extra sugar and cream. We like sweet things. I think Jackie will be the only one not drinking coffee. She doesn't really like it. After drinking a cup of coffee and having her medicine, Angel goes to Bruce's van to grab breakfast. She takes two ham steaks, two cartons of eggs, two packages of sausage, a loaf of bread, and two packages of English muffins. I watch her begin to cook everything, amazed at how well she cooks.
“Would you like some help?” I ask.
“I didn't think you could cook.” Angel laughs.
“I can't but I'd feel rude if I didn't help.”
“Well, I could use help making the toast and English muffins. Just make sure they don't burn and when they're done, I need you to spread butter on them. I'll bring out some jelly and cinnamon for those who like it differently.”
“Jasper use to put peanut butter on his English muffins.”
“Jasper?”
“My little brother...” I smile and wait for the toast to pop up “But whoever made toasters should have made them see through so we can see how toasted they are. This whole 'hovering over the toaster and making it pop up every five seconds to see if it's done' bullshit needs to stop.” Angel giggles and focuses on making the meat.
Around twelve everyone slowly wakes up to Angel's beautifully prepared breakfast. Angel and I set up the long, beautiful table so everyone has a seat. We put food on everyone's plates (except Jackie doesn't get eggs) and coffee as everyone's beverage (except Jackie who got hot chocolate.)
“What stinks?” Jackie asks, pinching her nose as she walks into the dining room. She looks at everyone eating eggs and says “Oh.” Jackie takes her seat next to me and begins eating her ham with her hands.
“So did you all have these painkillers?” Carter asks.
“Yeah.” Everyone except Paris replies.
“Okay, don't have ANY alcohol while this is in your systems. It will cause seizures and death.”
“We know not to mess with that stuff.” Rose huffs.
“Just in case. Also, Paris, you can't have any medicine until tomorrow.”
“Who says I want any!” Paris slurs with narrow eyes. Carter gets angry but he doesn't say anything. He's okay with having a drink every now and then but he hates angry, destructive drunks. Everyone knows it wasn't smart of Paris to start drinking as soon as she woke up but that's what she chose to do. She won't be helpful with today and she might even get someone hurt. Especially if she refuses to let anyone else drive Bruce's van like she did the other day. Paris cannot drive in her condition and will most likely hurt someone. We all should talk later to see how we should get her out of driving. Paris takes a big drink from her wine and scarfs down her breakfast.
“Why can't we have anything good like ramen or lobster?” Paris asks.
“Because can can't grab meat and fish as often as we'd like.” Angel explains.
“That's stupid. If we went to the store every day we could have meat every night.”
“A lot of meat is going bad because it's been left out anyway. We can only grab what looks good.”
“Another thing! How come only you are cooking? I can cook ten times better than you! If you make ramen, you'll just make the noodles and packets! If I make ramen I add eggs and spices and a whole mess of stuff!”
“Some of us don't like egg.” Jackie huffs as she takes a bite of her sausage.
“Then don't eat!”
“Paris, she can't help it!” I say.
“She can eat or starve! Food is food!”
“What about a bitten deer? Would you eat that? Food is food, right?”
“You're just complicating it and making it stupid like you always do!” Paris eats her last bite of food, takes her wine, and goes into the basement. Everyone sighs and goes back to eating. I take a sip of my coffee, loving the taste. It's been a while since I've had coffee. I use to have it every morning. I missed it so much. I sigh and we all finish our food.
When everything is eaten, we go over the plans for the day.
“Okay, first thing's first. We need to find a small boat that fits ten people and we can all sleep in. It doesn't matter the amount of space or rooms. We just need a good boat. Once we find a boat, we'll have Carter and Jackie look at it. They'll fix it up while a small group goes to grab the needed amount of gas.” I inform.
“Okay, but, like, what if we find a really good boat that fits everyone but is missing a lot of parts?” Rose asks.
“Well, I think it would be better to have a smaller boat instead of a huge boat to be honest. Less gas would be required and we all have sleeping bags. Any other questions?” I look around and people are shaking their heads. It's time to go.
We make it to the ocean and try our best to keep quiet. Moans can be heard all around. I look up and down the docks and see a whole mess of navy boats, yachts, and regular fishing boats.
“Which one do you think we should check out first?” I ask.
“I'd say we look at that one.” Carter says, pointing as a medium size boat. I can see zombies walking on the deck and crinkle my nose.
“I'm willing to bet that boat is snug underneath. One person will be sailing the boat and a few can stay on the deck until bedtime if they feel confined.” Carter says.
“Okay, I'm putting my trust in you. Don't shit on my trust.” I say. Carter chuckles and nods. I tell everyone which boat we're going after with my walkie-talkie and we silently get out of our cars. Now out in the open, the moans sound louder. I'm nervous but I try not to show it. Jackie pats my back, always knowing how I feel. I nod and everyone crouches down. We all crawl and hide behind different objects, slowly making our way to the boat. Once we reach it, we run up to the deck and slice our blades (katana, small knives, battle ax, anything really) into their heads. Next, we take the boarding ramp and throw it onto the boat so the zombies can't get to us.
“There's one level below us.” Carter informs.
“Okay, I need James and Paris to stay on the deck. Crouch down so we don't get a crowd of zombies. If any spot you, slice into them or shoot them with your bow when they get near.” I order. James nods and Paris lays down on the boat, eyes drifting off. She looks more depressed than drunk. The rest of us slowly make our way downstairs.
The downstairs has a wooden floor and walls. It contains a white couch that wraps around a table, a kitchen, a bed, and six doors. There are are five zombies that notice us immediately. We all take out our blades. Jackie jumps head of me from behind and slices the first zombie's head. The top part of his head flies off and the half of the brain inside of the lower head oozes out when the zombie hits the floor with a thud. I thrust my knife into the zombie going after Jackie. Once inside, I twist the knife, instantly killing the zombie. Carter, Reed, and Honey all do the same.
“Check out the rooms to see if they're safe.” I whisper. Everyone nods and goes to a door. Carter and Angel open their doors to find two empty rooms side by side. The rooms have a queen size bed in each that are wall to wall. Kinda claustrophobic but I assume the couples can sleep in them. Kasmira opens the door near the two rooms to find a bathroom containing a toilet and sink. She sinks her small knife into the head of another zombie. Jackie and I open our doors that are across from each other. Jackie's room has a bunk bed in it with just enough room to walk in and lay down. When I open the door to my room it contains only a shower and a toilet. Reed opens the last door to a room with a queen size bed with the feet size ending in a point. Two zombie's come after him but he and Rose sink their blades into the skulls of the zombies. All clear. I sigh and wipe blood off my forehead. Carter and I head upstairs to see if there are any missing parts. Downstairs the others will pick bedrooms and clean up the blood.
James has already killed four zombies and more are still coming. Carter and I run to the steering room. The wheel is metal and there are dials just as a car would have. I see the key hole and groan. I know Jackie is good at picking locks but I don't know about highjacking boats.
“Hey, Annabelle.” Carter says, holding something up. I sigh and smile when I see the key in his fingers.
“Who would leave their key's on their vehicle?” I ask.
“Some idiot.” Carter laughs as he leaves to check out the engine. The engine is missing a few parts but nothing we can't take off of other boats. I call everyone down so we all can talk.
“Have you all decided on your rooms?” I ask.
“Rose and I will take the double bed to the right. Carter and Angel will take the double bed room on the left.” Reed informs.
“I want the bunk bed.” Jackie huffs.
“Common, Jackie. Can't we have that room?” Kasmira asks, motioning to her and Honey.
“But I want that room.”
“Jackie, they can sleep in that room.” I sigh.
“Fine, I'll sleep on the bed out here.” I look at the bed and see Paris laying on it.
“I think that one's taken.” I say. Jackie folds her arms and narrows her eyes.
“So am I driving the boat?” James asks.
“No, Carter and you will be taking turns. Honey and Kasmira should take Angel and Carter's room. They can sleep in the bunk bed and whoever is off driving duty can sleep on a bunk with Angel.”
“As long as James doesn't try to steal my Angel.” Carter jokes.
“I won't.” James laughs.
“I want the bunk beds.” Jackie mutters.
“Dear Jesus, we will share the bed with the pointy feet. It'll be like sleeping in a high heel.” I sigh.
“Fine.”
“Great. Now I need a small group to grab enough fuel for here and back with a few gallons to spare. Any volunteers?” I look around and no one raises their hands. I feel like a teacher having to pick people. “Kasmira, Rose, Reed, Angel, and Jackie will go. James can stay here and start up his program- damn I forgot about you making the kill code. Okay, Carter and who else is good at driving will steer the boat. James will be getting the kill code the whole time so he's staying here to start it. Carter will look at the engine, tell Honey and I what parts are missing and what they look like. Honey and I will then look for missing parts on other boats. Paris will stay here and lay on the bed.”
“How many gallons do we need?” Angel asks.
“At least two hundred.” Carter sighs “There's a hundred-fifty-seven gallons in the boat already.”
“Without scaring us with math, how many gallons do you think we need for a trip there and back?” Jackie asks. Carter thinks a bit and counts on his fingers.
“I'd say grab four hundred just to be safe.” Carter says after a while. Everyone looks at him, nervous to grab that many gallons.
“We may have to take a couple of trips.” Rose says.
“That's fine as long as we get what we need. This thing can hold I'm assuming five thousand gallons and it'll take a few days to get there. Assuming we stop every couple of days to give the boat a break, refuel, and grab some food, we can easily make it here and there. We can't go at full speed either.” We all stare at Carter, minds spinning. We shake it off and get ready. The people going will be taking Bruce's van. We're going to have to empty it quite a bit for the gas. We bring the food and everything that was on the list of things to get inside the boat except the tools. We keep those out for when we grab parts for the boat. We also put our backpacks into our rooms (except James, Angel and Carter leave their stuff on the boat's couch because they have no idea where they're sleeping.) We fold the sleeping bags and stash them in James' car. When Bruce's van is cleared out, Rose and Reed go into Bruce's van. Angel, Jackie, and Kasmira go into Carter's van. The two cars drive off. Honey and I look at each other, ready to start fixing the boat. We go onto the boat and find Carter looking at the engine.
“So what do we need?” Honey asks. Carter studies the engine for a minute more.
“The carburetor, distributor cap, and turbocharger are missing.” Carter says after a moment.
“What do they look like?”
“Well, the turbocharger goes here”-Carter points at the spot it belongs to-“and it looks like a pipe wrapped around a little fan. The carburetor”-Carter points-“Is a circle with sides. Inside the circle will be holes that have holes. Finally, the distributor cap”-Carter points once more-“Looks like an upside down metal cup.” Honey and I nod, taking in the information.
“To take them out you'll need a box end wrench for the turbocharger, flat heads for the distributor cap, wrenches and flat heads for the carburetor. I'm sure you guys know how to unscrew and use wrenches, right?” Carter asks. We nod and grab the tools out of the tool box.
“How are we going to do this?” Honey asks.
“We both run to a boat, one of us guards while the other grabs the needed items. If we don't have all the items we run to another boat to grab the rest. We do that until we have all three items.” I reply.
“Should we run back to our ship before we go to another boat?”
“Nah, they would follow us back to our boat. We should just go to the next boat then run back to ours as fast as we can when we're done.”
“Which one should take the parts out?”
“How good are you with tools?”
“Not so good...”
“I know you can fight pretty well. Do you want to fight?”
“Sure.”
“Don't use your gun unless you need to, either.” Honey nods and I grab the toolbox.
We crouch down and crawl our way to other boats, making sure to stay out of sight. It would be bad if zombies started looking for us. I look up to see if the boat is clear and see two zombies on deck. Shit. I sigh and nod, telling Honey there are zombies on board. She looks up and sees them. Honey's eyes narrow and we head to the boat. It was an awful tiptoe in the dark. We walk onto the boat and stick our knives into the zombie's heads. I nod and crawl over to the engine. I open it and look for the parts I need. Sadly, this motor only has the turbocharger and carburetor. I take out a box end wrench, flat heads, and other wrenches. I work on the carburetor first. I work quickly so we can hurry to the next boat. I take the carburetor out and turn around to see if Honey's okay. Five zombies are coming at her. To keep the zombies away, Honey kicks them in the stomach to push them. When there's only one zombie near her, she slices into it's head with her knife. Four zombies left. I run up to help her. Honey kicks me in the stomach, thinking I'm a zombie, and I fall back with a thud.
“Fuck!” I yell, clutching my stomach.
“Sorry!” Honey yells, kicking another zombie. I run up to the closest zombie and puncture it's head with my knife. Three zombies left. Honey kicks a zombie, flinging it into the ocean, and kicks another one. It slides towards me and I stomp on it's rotting head. Honey stabs the side of the last zombie's head. Zero zombies left.
“Sweet style.” I compliment.
“Thanks but it's not over yet.” Honey replies. I look over and see three more zombies trying to get on board.
“Go take out the parts! I'll take care of them!” Honey orders. I nod, admiring how brave she is. I run back over to the motor and take out the tools needed for the turbocharger. I work as fast as I can, even though I fumbled a bit. When I managed to get the tool out I turn around to see three more zombies laying on the ground and four more after Honey.
“Kick one over to me!” I order. Honey nods and kicks a female zombie over to me. She has rather big breasts and long, wavy ginger hair. I grip my knife firmly and thrust my knife into the zombie's head. When it falls I tell Honey to kick another to me. She does so and I ram my knife into the back of the male zombie's head. The zombie falls and Honey killed the other two zombies. I sigh in relief and smile. Honey smiles too. She looks down and her smile quickly fades.
“What?” I ask. The female zombie grabs my leg, trying to bite me. I begin to panic and try to pull my leg away. When I can't, Honey stomps on her head, killing the ginger zombie. We grab the motor parts and run to the next boat.
The next boat is zombie free. We take our positions and I look threw the motor.
“Son of a- there's nothing in here!” I whisper to Honey.
“Really?” Honey asks. I nod and say “We need to go to another boat to grab distributor cap. Lets skip the boat next to us because there are... one, two, three for five... eight zombies on board. We have to try and sneak past them and get onto the boat next to it. There's one zombie on that boat which should be easy. We'll just have to make sure we're not seen.” Honey nods and we quickly get off the boat. We crawl behind the garbage can and consider where to move next. We could hide behind the bench but the zombies would be able to see our feet. We could try to hide behind the nearby tree but it's one of those skinny trees.
“There are no places to hide. Can we just run onto the boat and kick off the ramp?” Honey asks. I think about it, not liking being in the open. I nod and we sprint. We can hear the zombies moans turn into threatening growls. As soon as both Honey and I are on the boat, Honey pulls the ramp up and I kill the zombie on board.
“Any clue as to how we'll get off?” Honey asks. I look around, not knowing what to do.
“We could put the ramp back on and fight our way through.” I offer.
“Or?”
“We could swim.”
“But you can't swim.”
“But I can doggy paddle.”
“What about sharks?”
“Don't even talk about them.” I hate sharks. Scary demon spawns of hell. It reminds me of Joe's fear of bees. I giggle on the inside but not the outside. We're kinda too busy to giggle on the outside.
I run to the motor as Honey makes sure the zombies don't climb onto the boat. Inside is the tool we need. Thank the lord that there is a distributor cap on here. I quickly take out the flatheads and unscrew this stupid thing faster than you can say hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia. I take out the distributor cap and hold it up like Link does when he get's an item. Now all that's left is to find a way back to our boat.
“Just stab them. Stab them dead until we can put the ramp back down.” I say. I take out my knife and lean over the boat's railing. I flail my arm hoping to hit a zombie. One of them grabs my arm.
“Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit!” I repeat. Honey dunks under the railing and cuts off the zombie's hand. I quickly stick my arm back in the boat and try my best to pry the zombie's hand off of my arm.
“Anymore ideas?” Honey asks.
“I'm kind of hoping you have some.” I reply, grossed out about the zombie hand on my arm.
“Could we jump boat to boat?” I look at the distance between the boats. The boats are pretty far apart but maybe we could make it? I hear more growling. Zombies are coming up from the second floor.
“Yes!” I quickly reply. Honey and I go to the railing closest to the boat that had eight zombies. The zombies on the ground follow us and the zombies from below begin to run towards us. I tell Honey to jump first and to knock the ramp off as quick as she can. Honey nods and jumps. I cross my fingers, hoping she'll make it. I hear a thud and sigh with relief. The zombie's are on board and grab my hair from behind. Usually this would be hot but I'm not into necrophilia. Or dying. I stab the zombie's head three times and he falls to the ground. The second one comes charging at me but I dunk. He misses me and I run to the parts.
“Catch!” I yell. Honey looks over at me and I grab the motor parts. The zombie runs towards me and I throw one of the parts to the next boat. Honey manages to catch it. I run to the other side of the boat so the zombie will chase me there and I'll have more time to throw. I run back to the railing once the zombie catches up to me and throw the second part. Honey catches it again. Yes! I run across the boat and back again. I throw the last part. Honey misses and I hear a giant splash.
“Oh my god! No!” Honey and I yell. The carburetor sinks into the ocean along with our chances of getting to the north pole. I quickly grab the toolbox and jump across. My heart quickens and I feel ill. What if I don't make it? What if I fall into the ocean? My foot hits the railing and I fall backwards. Honey grasps my shirt, keeping me (and the tools) from descending into salty water. Honey pulls me forward and I go onto the boat. I'm shaking and my feet feel like they're on air. Honey hugs me but I push her off.
“G-go see if there is a carburetor on here!” I stutter. I clutch my stomach, trying to keep my eggs down.
“It's here!” Honey yells in excitement.
“Un-undo it and we can move on!” I reply. Honey runs back and grabs the tools. I wait a few moments for her to take out the carburetor. Honey comes back excited with the carburetor in hand.
“I got it! I did it!” she squeaks.
“Cool.” I whisper.
“Are you okay?”
“No, but we need to continue.” Honey looks at me and nods. We do the same thing as before and she jumps first. Honey kicks the ramp off and after I throw over the parts one by one. The boats are close enough this time to pass Honey the tool box. We had to stretch ourselves over the railing but we did it. I dry my palms and jump again. I awkwardly land onto the boat, still shaking. We repeat this process until the next boat is our boat. Carter sees us and goes over to the railing. He already took the ramp and put it onto the boat for safety reasons. Honey jumps over and I throw the parts to them one by one. All that's left is me and the tools. I slide under the railing and stretch myself to give Carter the toolbox. He takes it and carefully puts it on board. My knees give out and I fall. My mind is screaming but I stay in control. I put my hands out for Carter and Honey to grab. Two non-zombie hands grasp my arms before I hit the water. My knees slam into the boat and my feet hit the water. Carter and Honey pull me up. At this point I begin to hyperventilate. I go to the railing and let my breakfast go. My whole body is shaking and I feel sick as a dog. Honey walks me down to my room while Carter fixes the boat.
On our way down the stairs, James sees Honey supporting me. He notices I look paler than usual and asks “Are you okay? I heart a huge bang.”
“Y-yeah. That was me.” I reply.
“Are you okay?!”
“Yeah.”
“Do you guys need help? Are you sure you're okay?” I smile and nod.
Honey and I walk into my room which is in the bow. I take off my shoes and lay down in the bed, Honey pulling the covers over me.
“Th-thanks.” I stammer.
“Don't worry about it.” Honey smiles. I close my eyes, ready to fall asleep.
“If you need me, wake me up.” I say.
“Of course.” Honey replies. I hug Jackie's pillow for comfort. Next stop will be Sachs Harbour on Bank Island. We'll re-fuel there and continue to the North Pole.
♠ ♠ ♠
ugh. Sorry this is so long. :c