Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

ONE

My name is Adara Rose Malfoy. I’m the daughter of Nathaniel and Blair Malfoy.

I'm an orphan. My parents were murdered by Aurors when I was eleven years old.


I could hear a faint voice pulling me from my dreams.

"Adara" a sweet voice called as it smoothed my dark hair out of my face.

"Adara, my darling, wake up. Today is a very special day" she whispered in my ears and slowly pushed back the covers.

I groaned, rolled over, and wrapped the covers around my petite frame once more. As if knowing her words would not accomplish the task of waking her very stubborn daughter, my mother allowed an unwanted visitor to enter my room. Light.

My mother laughed as she watched me jolt once the sun poured it's bright, warm rays into my once dark bedroom. I rubbed my tired eyes and shot a glare towards my laughing mother. She winked at me as I began to smile. It was as if my mother read my thoughts. Today is my first day at Hogwarts! My mother returned the smile and rushed over to hug me. I remember how she smelled of roses and the way her dark hair glistened in the sunlight.

"Come," she spoke as her deep blue eyes met mine, "Your father is waiting for us."

I followed my mother down the long hallway towards the spiral staircase. I began to walk faster as the enchanting aroma of breakfast reached my nose. My stomach responded with a grumble. I could hear my mother laugh behind me as I sped toward the kitchen. Before I pushed open the doors, I heard a voice that didn't belong to my father.

"What is it, my dear?" my mother asked as she turned the corner. "Someone is here," I responded, hoping it wasn't the voice I thought it was.

The voice of my uncle.

I saw my mother's eyes widen as the voice from the other room reached her ears as well.

"Wait here, Adara" my mother said, glancing down at me as she walked through the kitchen doors.

I turned around and entered the door to my left, knowing it would take time for my mother to return. I glanced around my father's office, inviting the warmth of the dimly lit fireplace to meet my skin. The room smelt of peppermint. Just like my father. I walked across the marble tiled floors and curled up into my father's black leather chair. I sat wondering if my parents were going to have leave again.

"Why do they always have to leave?" I asked myself. I knew it was important business as my father always told me, but today I needed them here.

Moments passed and I began to worry, "They will surely stay," I thought, trying to comfort myself. Letting out another sigh, I laid my head upon the armrest. I let the next few moments pass without a hint of worry as I day-dreamed of what it would be like at Hogwarts.

"Adara, where are you?" I heard my father call, pulling me from my day-dreams. "I'm in here," I responded, not wanting to move. I began to grow anxious as my mother and father walked into the room. I crossed my fingers, closed my eyes, and mumbled the words, "Please don't say you're leaving, please don't say you're leaving." I must have been muttering a bit too loud for my own liking because my father spoke up.

"Adara Rose" he chuckled, "Whatever are you doing?" I opened one eye realizing he witnessed my not-so-silent prayer.

"We have something to tell you" my mother said, not acknowledging my father's words. I saw sadness fill her ocean blue eyes. I sighed and walked over to my parents. My father bent down on one knee in front of me, his silver blue eyes searching mine, as if in hopes of finding my forgiveness without having to speak.

"The Dark Lord has called your mother and me to a very important meeting."

A single tear slid down my face. I knew it. My mother noticed my tears soon after they appeared on my rosy cheeks and she rushed to my side. I laid my head on her chest and cried as she stroked my hair.

"Darling" my mother whispered, "You can go to school today with aunt Narcissa and Draco." She sighed after not receiving my reply. My mother looked up at my father as he placed a hand upon his wife's shoulder, his platinum blond hair falling across his face. "Come Blair, we must be off, Lucius is waiting outside."

My mother squeezed me tight, whispering thousands of apologies into my ears and then they were gone.


I was sitting in my first class of the school year, Charms, when my world came crashing down. Professor Snape, the head of Slytherin, burst through the doors and quickly excused me from class. The news that my parents had been murdered sent me blindly running through the halls of Hogwarts. Tears had never felt more painful. The only thought that had crossed my mind was Rachelle, my closest friend. I had to write to her, I just needed someone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello friends! Yes, this story is old. You may not even know. I wrote it two years ago. I've wanted to re-write this story for a while now just to freshen it up. I hope you like the changes or if you're reading it for the first time.. I hope you enjoy it! Please comment me. I hope to post daily until each chapter is to my liking and then I'll start on PART 2!