Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

FIFTEEN

Three days had past since George and Adara's visit to theHogwarts kitchen and there hadn't been a midnight outing since.

However, the two of them formed the habit of passing notes to one another if they shared a class together. None of the Hogwarts students, more like the ones who didn't know about Adara and George's bond, paid any attention to them. Everyone's minds were clouded with N.E.W.T.S. and this weekend's Quidditch game. Or at least that is what George and Adara thought to be true.

Adara and Rachelle occupied a white stone bench in the Hogwarts court yard. They had an hour of free time before their last class of the week. The sun was masked behind a row of clouds that resembled puffs of cotton. The wind that blew by was chilled due to lack of the sun's warmth. Winter was on its way.

"He wants you to what?" Rachelle whispered as she twisted herself in her seat on the bench to face Adara. Her pale pink lips were perched and her blond hair gently swept past her face as the wind blew.

Adara handed her friend the note once more for her to read over.

Adara, There are some people who want to meet you. Meet me outside the Great Hall after dinner? --George


Rachelle exhaled as she scanned the wrinkled piece of parchment.

"Who would want to meet you?" she asked, placing her index finger on her bottom lip.

Adara arched her eyebrow at Rachelle, whose eyes widened.

"Oh! Um, I didn't mean it like that," Rachelle nervously expressed; brushing her wind blown hair behind her left ear.

"I know, Rachelle, I'm just giving you a hard time." Adara laughed as she clenched the note in her hands.

“He must mean his friends,” Adara mumbled, “And his brothers and sister.”

“Are you going to go?” Rachelle questioned, her eyes searching Adara, who was bent over, her elbows resting on her knees.

“I told him, yes,” Adara admitted, slowing sitting up, “I just didn’t think I’d be so nervous to meet a bunch of Gryffindors.” A weak laugh escaped her lips and she swallowed.

“Well, you have met them before,” Rachelle reminded; thoughts of when she had ridiculed the Gryffindors played in her mind.

“But not under these circumstances!” Adara expressed as she bit her bottom lip. “Am I doing the right thing?”

Adara looked over at Rachelle as she rested her arm on the side of the bench, placing the palm of her hand on her pale cheeks.

Rachelle let out a long breath and paused. She watched a few students scurry by before she answered Adara.

“I don’t know,” Rachelle admitted, “But I want to say yes because I am so happy for you.”

A smile inched its way across Rachelle’s face as her crystal eyes met Adara’s.

Adara gave her friend a half smile. “I don’t even know where George and I stand or if we could ever be together without being looked down upon.” Adara let out a shrug and closed her eyes.

Adara’s feelings for George were beginning to twist her thoughts and beliefs, everything her uncle Lucius had ever said about the Weasley family seemed as if it was a lie. She felt as if she was being torn in two. Moreover, Adara was unsettled by the fact that her aunt Narcissa and uncle Lucius had not discovered the news of her friendship with George Weasley. Although, it wouldn’t be long now. She had confronted herself time after time, telling herself that she would do whatever pleased her, even if her family disapproved. On the contrary, she knew it was selfish to have such thoughts.

Her aunt and uncle could have abandoned Adara when her parents were killed.

Her aunt and uncle could have forgotten about their orphan of a niece and gotten on with their lives.

...But they didn't.

They gave her a home. They gave her love. She could not betray them.

"Only time will tell," Rachelle said as she crossed her legs, letting her foot tap along to an unheard beat. "Do what you feel is right; you know you have my support."

Adara smiled, "Thank you, Rachelle."

She gave her friend a side hug and felt more at ease knowing that someone approved of her actions and would always be there to help.

"I wish this didn't have to be such a big deal," Adara sighed; running her fingers through her dark hair.

Rachelle inhaled through her nose and exhaled, "But it is."

The sun peeped its way through the blanket of clouds, letting its warmth grace the earth. Several birds swooped down from the tree overhead, playfully chasing one another.

"Adara," someone called, Adara heard the shuffling of feet upon the side walk and turned her gaze toward them.

Her eyes met a group of Slytherins, who were approaching. Blaise Zabini was leading group; Adara assumed he was the one who called her. Pansy Parkinson strode to the left of Blaise, her signature smug expression plastered on her face. Crabbe and Goyle followed behind.

Adara's eyes caught a glimpse of platinum blond hair; her pulse quickened. She hadn't seen or heard from Draco in a week.

"Yes?" Adara answered. Her lips were perched.

"Is it true?" Blaise spat. His eyes were narrowed. Adara didn't know if I was out of anger or if it was because the bright sun was shining in his eyes.

Pansy stood at Blaise's side; smirking. The other three remained silent.

"What are you talking about?" Adara replied. She was lying. She knew what Blaise was referring too.

"That you're hanging around a traitor," Blaise growled. He detested, like most pure-bloods, wizards who conformed with the muggle relm.

Adara's face remained expressionless; Rachelle shifted at her side.

"What if I am?" Adara asked smoothly, as she stood up from her seat on the stone bench.

"Then you're a traitor too!" Pansy sneered, but Blaise held up a hand to silence her.

"Leave her alone," a low voice spoke from the behind the group.

Draco pushed himself past Crabbe and Goyle. Adara searched her cousin's bloodshot eyes.

"He hasn't been sleeping or eating," Adara thought; guessing by the state of his thin frame. Draco met her gaze and a forced smile appeared on his face.

"This doesn't concern you, Draco," Blaise said, staring him down.

"It does," Draco growled. Wand at the ready. "Adara is family."

"You're just as..," Blaise began to scoff but was cut off by Draco.

"Stupefy," Draco uttered, his wand pointed directly at Blaise, who toppled over on the ground with a crash.

Pansy let out a shriek and feel to her knees beside Blaise's stunned figure. Crabbe and Goyle darted off for fear Draco would stun them as well.

"Draco," Adara hissed. She was perplexed by what her cousin had just done. She grabbed Draco's arm; her eyes scanning his frantically.

"Leave before someone sees," Draco whispered, squeezing Adara's hand, the coldness of her cousin's hand startled her.

"Are you okay?" Adara spoke; worry filling her deep blue eyes.

Draco swallowed and looked over at Rachelle, who sat on the bench looking frightened by what just took place. His expression immediately softened.

“Don’t worry about me,” Draco uttered, “It’s my burden to carry.” Tears began to swell in Draco’s eyes. Adara felt her heart drop.

“What has the Dark Lord ordered him to do?” she thought to herself.

Draco ushered Adara and Rachelle away to lead them inside the Hogwarts Foyer.

“It won’t be long before the spell wears off on Blaise,” Draco said quickly, “He will be bloody mad when it does.”

A frightened expression appeared on Adara and Rachelle’s faces.

“What are we to do?” Rachelle spoke nervously; taking a step toward Draco.

“Lay low somewhere until Blaise cools off,” Draco suggested, as he stared at Rachelle. “I will deal with him.” Rachelle gave him a nod.

“Okay,” Adara replied, biting her lip and looking up at Draco, who glanced over at her.

Draco walked over to Adara and embraced her; whispering: “Go find Weasley, he can help."
 
Adara was stunned at her cousin’s orders. He was actually supporting her too. A rush of happiness came over Adara and she squeezed her cousin tighter.

“Thank you,” she uttered, as Draco pulled away.

Adara studied him as they stood facing each other. Draco’s platinum blond hair was unkempt and styled messily across his head. The whites of his eyes had turned red due to lack of sleep and his once piercing blue eyes had dulled. He was a mess.

“Be safe,” Draco told Rachelle and Adara before striding off, his school robe trailing behind him.

“Where are we going to go?” Rachelle whispered, standing closer to Adara. She didn’t know what Draco had told her about finding George.

“Come with me,” Adara said to Rachelle and lead the way up the stairs of Hogwarts.
♠ ♠ ♠
:O