Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

SEVENTEEN

Adara's bright blue eyes were affix upon the towering, sea foam green painted shelves in front of her. Chocolate cauldrons, Pixie Puffs, Fizzing Wizzbees, Pumpkin Fizz, Exploding bonbons, and the crème de la crème, Licorice Wands.

Adara felt as if she was a child once again and the sight around her had magically transported her to a different time. A different moment.

It was as if she was five years old once again, in awe of the sugary delights that surrounded her.

She was five the last time she stepped foot in Honeydukes.

She was five when her parents were still alive.

Image


"Daddy! Daddy!" a small voice pleaded.

Young Adara skipped across the cobblestone street by her parents' sides, her white waistcoat warmed her child-like frame and snowflakes kissed her rosy cheeks and nestled gently in her dark hair.

"Yes?" Nathaniel Malfoy smoothly responded as he looked down at his cheerful young daughter.

Adara's tiny hand clenched his own and she looked up at her father; batting her eyelashes.

"Can we go there?" Adara's mitten covered hand pointed its way toward the door of Honeydukes.

Blair Malfoy, Adara's mother, chuckled lightheartedly beside her husband, her sapphire eyes gazing lovingly at her precious daughter.

Blair was a petite framed women, with ebony colored hair that she gifted to her daughter Adara was well. She was kindhearted to those she loved and poured her heart into pleasing and serving others.

"Why would you want to go there, Adara?" Nathaniel teased, poking Adara's light pink nose, the winter air chilled it.

"Because," Adara replied, looking back at Honeydukes. Her big blue eyes returned to her father's and she smiled brightly, swaying back and forth on her tiptoes.

"Darling," Blair beckoned to her husband, "One last stop won't hurt."

Anyone who took the time to watch Blair and Nathaniel Malfoy would assume that they were newly married. They adored one another and after eight years, their love still grew.

Adara squealed with delight and ran over to the candy shop, her parents followed hand in hand behind her. As any child would, Adara filled her hands with as much candy and treats as they would allow. She hobbled over to her parents, her face glowing with excitement. Blair covered her mouth to muffle the laugh that escaped her rose red stained lips, the sight of her wide-eyed daughter whose hands were clumsy clutching too much candy was quite amusing. Nathaniel knelt down next to his daughter, scanning the goodies in Adara's hands.

"I don't know which one I want," Adara chirped, she looked to be somewhat overwhelmed by her selection. Her eyes met her fathers, a crooked grin resting on his pale face.

"You only want one?" Nathaniel asked, "That just won't do." He winked at his daughter, who giggled with joy.?


Image


"Everything alright?" George questioned, placing his hand on top of Adara's shoulder.

She exhaled and shook away the memory that reeled in her mind.

"Yes." Adara smiled at George, who returned the jester.

"I bought you something," George stepped behind Adara and placed a hand over her eyes.

"George," Adara laughed, she felt his chin rest on her shoulder, his scent drifted towards her, and she inwardly sighed.

George slowly removed his hand from over Adara's eyes and waved a package of Licorice Wands in front of her.

"Oh, you didn't have to do that," Adara expressed, happily taking the candy from his hand. George's chin still rested on her shoulder.

"Oh, but I did."

Adara turned to face him, she gazed as his ruffled hair and charming smile. "Thank you."

George opened his mouth to say something, but Fred Weasley cut him off. "Well, we are ready to head back." His hands carried a shopping bag filled with treats. Rachelle stood by his side, eating away at an oversized cherry lollipop.

George glanced down at Adara and then to Fred, "I think we'll stay a little bit longer."

Adara looked up at George, studying his face in search of his reasoning.

"Alright," Fred replied, turning towards Rachelle, "Let's go."

Before following Fred, Rachelle sent Adara a wink, flicking her golden blond hair over her shoulder, and strode off. Once they were alone in the candy shop, George turned to face Adara. His eyes were a glow and he gazed at Adara affectionately.

"I'd like for us to finish what your cousin interrupted."

Adara looked at George in confusion, then with understanding. Their date.

George and Adara leisurely walked across the streets of Hogsmeade, arms linked; retracing their steps from the first time they were here together.

"What are you thinking about?" George kindly asked due to Adara's silence.

"I'm remembering," Adara uttered, hermind was far off from the things around her. She looked up at George, meeting his gaze.

"Remembering what?"

"My parents."

Adara heard George exhale and he led them over to a small wooden bench that rested against a weeping willow tree. The sun caste it's rays through the slits of the tree's benches giving the ground beneath it a soft glow. It was a serene setting.

"Tell me about them," George sincerely expressed, sitting close to Adara, who sat with her legs crossed, looking out into the distance. Her long back hair caressed the sides of her face, accentuating her cheekbones. George thought she was beautiful; everything about her was beauty to him.

"My parents were everything to me," Adara whispered, turning to look at George. Pain filled her once starry eyes. "And they still are."

George watched Adara, silently ushering her to continue.

"They were Death Eaters, so naturally, one would judge them to be cruel, bitter, and merciless, but my parents were anything, but that." Adara choked on her words, holding back the tears that filled her glossy eyes. “My father only joined because it was something like the family business. My grandfather supported the Dark Lord, along with my uncle, my father's brother, Lucius. So, it was expected of my father to join.” Adara lips began to quiver. "My mother was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. She was a treasure."

George pushed back a lock of hair that fell in front of Adara's eyes. She looked back at George and weakly smiled.

"And my father was an extraordinary man. He loved my mother with every ounce of his being." Adara smiled at the thought of the way her father would look at his bride. "They were so in love."

"I wish I could meet them," George finally spoke; a warm smile appeared on his face.

Adara paused and wondered what her parents would have thought of George Weasley. She saddened at the fact that she would never know.

"They didn't deserve death," Adara expressed. "I wish I could have said goodbye.”

George wrapped his arms around Adara, neither of them spoke; but they didn't need to.

Sometimes, silence speaks louder then words. Silent tears slid down Adara's face, this was the first time Adara had cried over her parents' death in years.

Adara pulled away from George and rested her head on his shoulder. She hadn't intended on telling George about her parents, but she was thankful for his sincerity and thoughtfulness. The two continued to sit in silence under the willow tree as George set out fireworks from the tip of his wand. Adara smiled as she watched the radiant colors burst before her eyes and gently fade away into nothing.

Image


"My parents may not physically be here, but I know they are with me," Adara said, as she walked beside George down a worn grass path.

An audience of trees, whose leaves had changed from a sparkling green to warm shades of red and yellow, watched the two from above. A gust of wind blew, causing the crisp leaves on the ground to waltz throughout the autumn air. Adara stopped walking, spread out her arms, and twirled in the wind; smiling up at the sky. She took in all the moments that just passed. It was as if this spontaneous act sealed them into her heart.

George faintly chuckled at Adara, and then watched her in wonder.

"You amaze me," George spoke, gazing at Adara who stopped and stared at him. Her piercing blue eyes radiated in the sunlight.

"What did you say?" Adara questioned, her pulse began to quicken.

"Everything about you, Adara, amazes me." George expressed, taking a step toward the blushing young lady. "The way you talk, your smile, your laugh, and your life."

"You've been through more than I can imagine yet you live out each moment for what it's worth and love every minute of it." George continued.

Adara walked closer to George, the tips of their shoes were just about touching.

"Adara, you're captivating," George said, staring straight at her. His eyes exuded such courtesy, truth, and adoration.

Adara was at a loss of words, she was in awe of the man that stood before her; confessing his heart.

She was in awe of his words. His presence. The way he was looking at her.

George rested his forehead on top of Adara's, his golden brown eyes transfixed to hers, "You're simply beautiful."
♠ ♠ ♠
squee!! :D

Comment and subscribe!