Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

TWENTY

George Weasley eagerly ran through the Hogwarts castle in search of the one person he loathed. The one person he never thought he would need to speak to. Draco Malfoy.

Nearly out of breath, George raced up the stone staircases which lead to the seventh floor of the Hogwarts castle. His eyes frantically searched the long corridor and he sped across its floor.

Reaching his wits end, George paused and rested his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath. Suddenly, he saw a figure out of the corner of his eyes. George almost mistook what he saw as a shadow because the figure was clothed in black, but George wasn't too easily deceived because that "shadow" had platinum blond hair.

"Draco!" George Weasley yelled, as he strode behind the Slytherin. Draco stopped in his tracks, feeling startled that someone had found him. He turned on his heels and faced the short-winded, redhead.

"What, Weasley?" Draco spat, growing impatient.

"I need to talk to you."

Draco's face grew concerned as he realized what George was talking about.

"What happened to Adara?" Draco frantically spoke, "Is she alright?"

George was shocked at Draco's sudden mention of Adara; he didn't know that she had spoken to Draco about the two of them. This news made him smile.

"No, nothing happened to, Adara," George replied, "But she is what I need to talk to you about."

Draco perched his lips and adjusted his posture, standing up straight. He narrowed his crystal blue eyes and studied George.

"Your cousin, Adara, means everything to me," George spoke slowly, but seriously. "She is the most beautiful young women I have ever met."

Draco was startled by George's sincerity, but couldn't mask the urge to punch the boy for speaking of his cousin; not because of hatred or disgust, but by the desire to protect his precious, Adara.

"I know that our families aren't on good terms and I understand if you deny the request I am about to make," George stared straight at Draco Malfoy, not a hint of fear was in his voice. "I know you are dear to her and I couldn't ask Adara without the knowledge of your approval."

Draco nodded, ushering him to continue then slipping his hands into his trench coat pocket and taking a step toward George.

"I would like to ask Adara to be my girlfriend."

Draco's exhaled deeply and brushed back the blond hair that covered his pale forehead.

"I know how much you mean to her, George," Draco admitted, "I can't deny that I've had trouble with you being around her."

George looked to the ground, fearing the worst. The worst being that he would not ask Adara to be his girlfriend.

"She talks very highly of you, you know?" Draco continued, looking up and smiling at the thought of his bright-eyed cousin, Adara.

George Weasley looked up at Malfoy, a look of confusion on his face.

"You're not using her; you're respecting her," Draco spoke as if he was confirming this truth with himself rather in conversing with George Weasley. "You may ask Adara to be your girlfriend."

George's face lit up and out of impulse he pulled Draco into a tight hug; thanking him continually.

"Hold it, Weasley, this doesn't mean we're friends now," Draco proclaimed as he broke away from George's bear hug, "You may soon be in possession of the most precious thing in my life. but that doesn't mean I have to like you too."

George beamed from ear to ear and nodded at Draco in understanding.

“Now,” Draco spoke up, his tone of voice was demanding, “If Adara says yes and my parents find out, don’t expect their reaction to be as understanding as mine; especially my father’s.”

“I understand, that’s something I’ve thought a lot about,” George admitted, putting his hands in his jean pockets.

“Well, what are you still doing here?” Draco smirked, “Go get her.”

Image


“Has anyone seen George Weasley,” Adara frantically asked as she raced through the halls. Her heart was racing a hundred miles an hour and she had no idea where she was going. She just knew she had to find George.

Adara raced around the corner, knocking into a group of first years, who dropped their books to the ground. She kept running, not looking back, and continued asking everyone if they'd seen George.

“Adara!” George yelled from the end of the hallway.

Adara froze and stared at George. The students in the crowd continued walking past. She couldn't believe what she was about to do, yet she had never been more certain of anything. Adara raced toward George, who, once she reached him, picked her up and twirled her around. Adara's hands were supported on George's shoulder as he spun her through the air.

“Yes,” Adara beamed with joy, “yes, I'll be your girlfriend.”

Image


"This is fantastic!" Fred Weasley announced as he walked around the Slytherin common room. "It's nothing like I thought it would be."

Adara sat next to her boyfriend, George Weasley, on one of the sofas in front of the fireplace. A few days before, Adara decided that it was only fair for George and Fred Weasley to see the Slytherin dungeon since she had been into the Gryffindor tower.

"We can check this off our list, George," Fred spoke as he perused across the floor, taking in his surroundings.

"Your list?" Adara asked, looking over at George.

"It's just a mental list of everything we have done in Hogwarts," George confided, "The Slytherin dungeon was the only common room who hadn't managed to get into."

“But we could never figure out the blasted password,” Fred said, taking a seat across from Adara and George, who sat holding hands. George’s arm was resting comfortably on Adara’s shoulder.

“I’m glad I could be of service,” Adara laughed, kissing George on the cheek.

“And what am I? Chopped liver?” Fred teased and folded his arms across his chest.

Over the past week, Adara had become very close to Fred, along with the rest of George’s friends. Adara rolled her sapphire eyes and got up from her seat, walking over to Fred. She bent over, kissed the tips of her hand and placed it on the side of Fred’s cheek.

“Happy now, Weasley?” Adara asked, raising an eyebrow at her boyfriend’s twin.

“Very much so, thanks for asking,” Fred winked.

Adara took her seat beside George and his hand quickly found hers.

“You have put me in quite the predicament, George Weasley,” Adara said abruptly.

George looked at Adara questionably and tucked a piece of her long, black hair behind her ears. “I have?”

“I don’t know whether to support Slytherin or Gryffindor at tonight’s game,” Adara pouted, slumping deeper into her seat.

The Weasley twins laughed at Adara’s frazzled state.

“I’m sorry that I have given you so much anguish,” George spoke, winking at Adara.

“Good, you should be sorry,” Adara responded, sticking her tongue out at George who raised an eyebrow at his charming girlfriend.

“I don’t like your tone, Miss Malfoy,” George Weasley teased, leaning over and tickling Adara’s sides. She squirmed in protest, trying to attempt to remove herself from her boyfriend’s clutches.

“George! Stop!” Adara yelled between fits of laughter. Fred laughed at the couple and began to sneak through the desks on the opposite side of the room.

George soon released Adara and she quickly jumped from the couch, expecting another attack. George watched her in amusement as Adara tried to catch her breath.

“Tickling is horrible,” Adara spoke up, between gasps for air. “It should be considered a form of torture.”

“Adara, you’re exaggerating,” George laughed as he stretched his arms across the back of the couch.

“I am not, Weasley,” Adara responded, sticking her tongue out at George, who raised his eyebrow at her.

“What was that?” George Weasley asked, cupping his ear, bidding Adara to repeat herself.

“I said, I am not exaggerating,” Adara replied, placing her hands on her hips.

George smiled at Adara, who gave him a fiery glare.

“I don’t like your tone, Malfoy.” He teased, referring back to how Adara called him by his last name.

“What are you going to do about it?” Adara winked at her boyfriend, who slowly arose from his seat, smirking at her.

“There are many options,” George spoke, pacing the floor, not once breaking Adara’s gaze.

“I recommend a Self-Propelling Custard Pie,” Fred Weasley chimed in, as he walked back over to Adara and George.

"You wouldn't," Adara hissed as she watched a sly grin creep across George's face.

Adara remembered the Self-Propelling Custard Pie product that George and Fred created to sell in their future joke shop. The pie is charmed to automatically throw itself into the face of the prankster's desired target.

With the flip of George's wand, several of the pies appeared in the room. Adara's eyes grew wide in amusement and partial fear.

"You will not, George Weasley," Adara demanded, trying not to let a laugh escape her lips.

"Do it," Fred whispered into his twin's ear. George waved his wand at one of the custard pie that sat in front of him causing the dessert to magically float to his hands.

Without delay, the Self-Propelling Custard Pie served its purpose, throwing itself into Adara's face.

The pie slowly fell to the ground, leaving Adara's face covered in a mixture of whipped cream and custard.

Fred and George roared with laughter at the sight of Adara's face. Adara angrily wiped the dessert from her eyes and picked up one of the remaining pies and it hurled towards George Weasley's unsuspecting face.

Soon custard pies were flying about the room, leaving the three, along with the Slytherin common room, covered head-to-toe in custard. Adara began laughing uncontrollably along with the twins.

"That was brilliant," George admitted, trying a taste of the dessert that covered his face.

"It was," Adara agreed, taking a seat next to Fred and George on the floor.

"Oh no,"Fred blurted out, jumping to his feet.

"What's wrong?" Adara replied, looking up at her boyfriend.

"The game," Fred and George said in unison, worried looks appeared on their faces.

"We have another three hours before the game," Adara reminded the twins as she looked up at the clock on the wall behind her.

"I know, but we are supposed to meet up with the team to go over our game strategy a final time," Fred added in, trying to remove the entire pie residue from his face.

George and Fred scurried to the door, leaving Adara with alone with a room covered in pie.

She slowly stood up, determined to clean up before Professor Snape found out. Suddenly, the mess vanished before her eyes and Adara looked over to find George standing in the common room portal, with wand in hand.

"Thank you," Adara spoke up, quickly walking over to George.

George slipped his arms around Adara's waist, pulling her closers to him, and kissed her slowing on the lips. The two slowly parted and gazed into one another's eyes.

"See you soon," Adara whispered into George's ears, lightly kissing the side of his neck. "I'll be cheering for you."

George kissed Adara again before heading off to get ready for the Quidditch game. Adara leaned against the doorway, watching George descend the staircases until he was out of sight.

"What happened to you?" Rachelle asked from behind Adara, eyeing the messy state of her clothes.

"Fred and George Weasley," Adara answered her friend with a laugh. "I'm going to go take a shower; I'll see you at the game."

Adara grabbed a pair of clean clothes from her wardrobe and hurried off the girl's bathroom.
She existed the steamy shower a half and hour later, custard pie free. She uttered a spell to dry and curl her dark hair then changed into her outfit. Adara admired herself in the mirror as she applied red lipstick to her lips. Pleased with her appearance, Adara left the bathroom and made her way back into the Slytherin common room to find Deveny and Rachelle.