Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

TWENTY-ONE

The Gryffindor common room was bustling with excitement. Students were celebrating, partying, and causing quite the uproar because of the Gryffindor Quidditch team's triumphant win.

"Congratulations!" Adara cheered as she wrapped her arms around George Weasley's neck and hugged him tightly, "That was one hell of a game."

"Thanks, love. I'm glad you enjoyed it," George charmingly whispered into Adara's ear and slowly pulled away from their embrace.

Adara stood at George's side in the far right corner of the Gryffindor common room, both watching a crowd of students hoist Ronald Weasley into the air; all were cheering his name.

George slid his arm around Adara's waist, pulling her close. Fred Weasley soon popped out of the crowd and made his way over to them.

"Ickle Ronnie is sure enjoying the attention," Fred spoke, raising his voice over the loud cheering and music blasting around them.

Adara looked over at Ron, who was signing autographs for a group of first years.

"He deserves it," Adara expressed, "Ron is a great addition to the Gryffindor team."

"I guess that means you've turned over to our side," George Weasley teased, looking down at his bright-eyed girlfriend.

"Maybe," Adara replied, slipping her hand into George's. "But I'm still a Slytherin at heart."

"I'm not too sure about that," George spoke, kissing the top of Adara's head. Adara smiled, knowing that she was really beginning to favor the Gryffindor crowd over the Slytherin's.

"I know what you did," Adara said turning her attention over to Fred, who was standing next to his twin. Both were still dressed in their red and gold Quidditch uniforms.

"If you are referring to the incident with the fireworks and Filch's cat; I was barely involved," Fred spoke quickly, glancing over at his brother George, whose eyes twinkled with amusement. "Because George was there too," Fred continued with a devious smirk.

"What? No, that's not what I am talking about," Adara laughed, shaking her head. "I am talking about a certain someone, purposely hitting a certain someone in the face with a bludger."

Fred tried to hold back his laughter yet he failed miserably, "Adara, I am a Beater. I was only doing my job."

"Yeah, Quidditch is a brutal sport," George added, sticking up for his brother.

"Plus, Crabbe had it coming to him."

"You're just lucky that Madame Hooch didn't see or els.." Adara was cut off by a very disturbing sight.

"What?" George asked Adara, seeing that her eyes were fixed on something or someone in the distance. George scanned the room until his eyes focused on what Adara had seen.

"Blimey!"

"I think I'm going to be sick," Fred announced as the three looked over at Ronald Weasley who stood in the middle of the common room, lips hungrily attached to Lavender Brown's.

"It looks like he's trying to eat Lavender's face," George mumbled, looking down at Adara and laughing.

"I guess no one told baby brother not to use your teeth when snogging," Fred Weasley added in, causing the group to burst out in laughter.

Image


The next day: Saturday


"A masquerade ball!" Deveny exclaimed for the thousandth time, twirling about the streets of Hogsmeade.

"We know, Deveny," Rachelle and Adara spoke in unison, as the girls made their way from store to store in search of the perfect dresses.

“I can’t help but be excited,” Deveny expressed while pulling open a door leading into Gladrag's Wizardwear.

Albus Dumbledore had only made the announcement this morning that Hogwarts would be hosting a masquerade ball and the entire school was already in an uproar.

Everyone had to have a date. Everyone had to have to the perfect attire. Everything had to be done immediately, given the face that the dance was two weeks away.

"Adara, did you and George discuss what you are going to wear?" Rachelle asked as she skimmed through a rack of unusual looking dresses. "As in colors and such."

"No, but I already have a dress," Adara replied. She was so excited that she finally has an excuse to wear the gown her aunt and uncle bought her for her birthday.

"Lucky, dress shopping stresses me out," Rachelle mumbled back, “Fred and I haven't discussed what we want to wear either.”

"What?!" Deveny and Adara both exclaimed at the same time.

"Fred asked me to the ball," Rachelle admitted, a warm grin greeted her face.

"Rachelle! That's great!" Adara expressed, giving her best friend a hug.

"I didn't know you knew Fred," Deveny spoke up.

"I don't know him too well," Rachelle responded, "but we seemed to get along really good at Honeydukes. Plus, we are just going as friends"

"Oh, I see. When did he ask you?" Deveny responded while holding up a purple dress with silver beading; scanning it over.

"This morning. I ran into him and George in the hall and Fred just asked me," Rachelle finished her sentence with a giggle.

"You will have a great time, Fred is a riot," Adara added in.

"I'm surprised Dolores Umbridge approved of this dance," Rachelle expressed, changing the subject. "Considering the fact that nothing slips past her stubby little fingers."

Adara and Deveny laughed loudly and both agreed with her comment.

Dolores Umbridge had single handily taken over Hogwarts within a matter of a week. She inspected everything, watched everyone, and shoved her "Educational Decrees" down everyone throats. Hogwarts was changing and not for the better.

Image


“I thought you said they would be here before us,” Deveny moaned as she, Adara, and Rachelle occupied a table inside the Three Broomsticks.

“I’m sure they will be here soon,” Rachelle chimed in, taking a sip of her butterbeer.

“Fred and George probably got caught up of in Zonko’s,” Adara responded, smiling at the thought of the childish look that was probably plastered all over George’s face as he scanned the shelves of the joke shop.

"Sorry, we're late," George Weasley spoke up, as he slipped into a seat next to Adara.

"Yeah, sorry mate, blame Lee," Fred added in, pointing to Lee Jordan who stood beside him.

Fred took a seat next to Rachelle, greeting her charmingly.

"I'll got get us some butter beers," Lee Jordan spoke up, Fred and George responded with a thank you and watched Lee stride over to the bar counter.

"Did you lovely ladies have any luck today with dress shopping?" George asked as he slipped his hand into Adara's under the table.

"We did," Adara exclaimed: "We were lucky to get there when we did or else all the good dresses would have been gone." Adara's hand tingled as she felt George's hand playing with her fingertips.

"That's good, I couldn't possibly dance with you if you were wearing an ugly dress," George teased Adara, sending her a playful wink.

"George, that's harsh," Rachelle said as she laughed.

"I was only joking," George confessed, "Adara is breathtaking in whatever she wears."

Adara smiled and looked up at George, his loving gaze meeting hers.

"Aww," Fred sighed, wiping a fake tear from his eye. "How sweet."

"Three butter beers," Lee Jordan exclaimed as he approached the crowed table.

"Thanks mate," George expressed as he took a glass of the frothy drink from Lee's hands.

The group stayed in the Three Broomsticks for several hours, talking about random subjects and laughing hysterically at Fred and George who tested out some of the merchandise they bought from Zonko's.

"I think I drank way too much butter beer," Adara groaned as she slumped into a seat on the Hogwarts Express.

"Me too," Deveny replied, rubbing her bloated stomach.

"Oh no," George gasped as sat on his knees on the seat next to Adara. "I had better check this out and make sure you are okay."

George placed the side of his head on Adara’s stomach as if he was listening for something.

“It’s just as I expected,” George expressed, lifting his head and meeting Adara’s gaze.

“What’s wrong with me?” Adara asked, her eyes growing wide and began to play along with George’s act.

George stroked his chin, trying not to smile, “It seems to me that because of the abundance of butterbeer you consumed; an alien is forming in your stomach.”

“That can’t be good,” Adara replied, looking down at her stomach and poking it slightly.

“I’ve heard of this case before,” Fred spoke up from his seat next to Rachelle. “It can get pretty brutal if you don‘t take care of it immediately.”

“How do you take care of it?” Adara asked, looking back up at George; a smirk crept across his face.

“I don’t think you could handle it,” George admitted, rising to his feet, his twin was soon at his side.

“Yes, I can,” Adara said, sitting up in her seat, eyeing her boyfriend.

“Oh no, don’t get up too quickly,” George gasped, rushing over to Adara.

“You might disturb the beast,” the Weasley twins whispered in unison.

“You three are bloody ridiculous,” Deveny laughed, looking up from her game of Exploding Snap with Lee Jordan. The two seemed to be getting along great since their first meeting at the Three Broomsticks a few hours ago.

The Hogwarts Express slowed to a stop and its whistle pierced the air, signaling the passengers to leave the train. The thin hallway was soon cramped with students; everyone seemed to want to be the first one off the Hogwarts Express.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Adara spoke to George, wrapping her arms around his neck in a hug. She felt George stroked the back of her hair then wrap his arms around her waist, pulling her closer.

"Sleep well, Adara" George whispered into her ear, gently kissing it.

Adara nuzzled her head into George's neck, taking in his warmth and his smell. Neither wanted to depart from their embrace.

"I'll walk to you breakfast in the morning," George told Adara as she lifted her head. He placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Okay," Adara smiled, "Goodnight, George."

She turned and uttered the Slytherin common room's password. The entryway immediately appeared and Adara began to step inside.

She felt George grab her wrist and twirl her around to face him. George pulled Adara to him in a passionate kiss. She placed a hand on his chest and kissed him back. George slowly pulled away, placing gentle kisses on her cheeks.

In the distance, there was a sound of someone clearing their throat. Signaling their presence. Adara and George parted from one another and looked into the Slytherin common room. Adara's body locked up when her eyes met the two figures in front of her. She felt George tense up as well and he slowly took Adara's trembling hand. As if saying, he wasn't going to leave Adara so easily, no matter what was about to take place.

"This can't be happening."
♠ ♠ ♠
:o Who do you think it's going to be?