Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

TWENTY-TWO

“This can't be happening," the quivering voice of Narcissa Malfoy spoke. She faced her niece, Adara Malfoy, with wide-eyes and a broken heart.

"Mrs. Malfoy, please, let me explain," George politely ushered the women. He left Adara's side and stepped into the dim lit common room.

"You've done enough, Mr. Weasley," Narcissa spat, still staring at her trembling niece.

"Severus," Narcissa continued, turning to the professor and old family friend, who stood with his hands clasped and face expressionless, "What should I do?"

"What do you think you should do, Narcissa?" Severus Snape replied, his grease straightened hair glistened as he turned his head toward her. "I did not inform you of Adara's defiance so you could seek my counsel."

Adara slowly walked into the common room. She moved as if she were a dog about to be scolded. Once reaching George Weasley's side, Adara began to speak, "Aunt Narcissa, my actions may be defiance against our families name, but it wasn't something I have done on an impulse."

Narcissa's face tightened as she listened to her precious niece speak. Severus Snape had told her of Adara's frequent meetings with this George Weasley fellow only three days before. Narcissa believed it to be a misunderstanding until Severus persuaded her otherwise. She refused to mention this news to her husband, Lucius, knowing he would overreact. Now as she stood and watched the blood-traitor of a boy touch her dearest, Adara, she regretted not bringing her husband.

"How could you, Adara?" Narcissa uttered, clenching her jaw. "It's hypocrisy!"

The tension in the air was unbearable. Adara wanted to scream at her aunt for criticizing George; especially in front of his face.

"No, aunt Narcissa, how could you?" Adara hissed, stepping toward her. "How can you stand here and judge me?"

Narcissa straightened her posture and looked over at Severus, whose black eyes were fixed upon Adara.

“What would your parents say if they knew you were running around with a traitor?” Narcissa choked on her words and glared at George, who stood confidently behind Adara.

“They wouldn’t say anything because they aren’t here,” Adara began to scream as tears fell from her eyes. She looked back at George who gave her a reassuring smile. Knowing that George wasn’t going to leave comforted her.

“George makes me happy, Narcissa,” Adara spoke; her voice began to soften at the mention of his name. “Happiness I don’t deserve and he has never given me a reason to regret the choice I’ve made.”

Narcissa’s heart melted as she watched her niece, who she had become a daughter to her over the years; speak with such an innocent confidence.

“You really do care for him, don’t you, my dear?” Narcissa replied while studying Adara’s tear stained face. She took two steps forward and wrapped her arms around her niece.

“Narcissa,” Professor Snape growled behind her, “You must be joking.”

Narcissa Malfoy turned and faced Severus Snape, “If you’d be so kind, Severus, I’d like to speak to Adara and Mr. Weasley alone.”

Severus clenched his jaw tight and flared his nostrils. He refrained from an outburst and took long strides to the portal, exiting the common room.

“It’s been an honor getting to know your niece, Mrs. Malfoy,” George finally spoke up, his eyes meeting the pale blue ones of Narcissa Malfoy.

Adara pulled out of her embrace from her aunt and walked back over to George. She slipped her hand into his and faced Narcissa.

“Young women like her are rare,” George continued and looked down at Adara with a loving gaze. Her heart fluttered as she listened to his words. “Adara is a treasure.”

Adara gently squeezed George’s hand, slightly taken back by the words he used to describe her because they are the very same words Adara had used to describe her mother.

"I never intended for any strife to enter your family when I asked Adara to be my girlfriend. Although I knew the day would come when you would find out."

George glanced over at Narcissa, who stood dumbstruck by George's sincerity and love for Adara. "If you wish it so, I will remove myself from Adara's life."

Adara felt her lungs tighten. She couldn't believe that George would give her up so easily for the sake of her relationship with her family.

"No, that is not what I wish," Narcissa admitted, her face began to soften. "At least not anymore." She perched her red lipstick, stained lips and paced in front of the fireplace, soaking in its warmth before she spoke again.

"Lucius will find out soon and this, your relationship," Narcissa pointed to both Adara and George, "will be over."

Adara knew her uncle would not have the same compassion towards her relationship with George as her cousin Draco and aunt Narcissa had. On the contrary, she did find a glimmer of hope and comfort in the two parts of her family who accepted her choices. The next part, her uncle, would be the hardest to convert; if it was possible.

"I am not going to mention this situation to my husband," Narcissa announced causing Adara to let out a sigh of relief. "However, he is the head of this household and you will do what he tells you; whether you like it or not, Adara."

Adara swallowed hard, the thought of losing George because of her prejudice uncle made her feel sick. The day would come when she would face her uncle Lucius, but Adara was thankful that today was not that day.

"I assume Draco knows?" Narcissa asked, as she took a seat in a green leather upholstered armchair. "Yes," Adara answered, smiling slightly. She walked over to her aunt and sat on the sofa in front of her. George soon followed her lead.

"George even asked Draco for his permission to date me," Adara beamed, resting her hand on top of George's knee.

"Is that so?" Narcissa replied, hinting a bit of humor in George's actions. "I must admit, George. It is comforting to know that Adara is in the care a gentlemen."

George placed his hand upon Adara's and smiled at Narcissa Malfoy. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

Narcissa sat in the company of Adara and George in the Sytherin dungeon for a few hours more. Adara told her aunt about her classes, her trips to Hogsmeade, and the soon-to-be Masquerade ball.

"Well, my dear, I must get going," Narcissa announced. "Tell Draco to write to me as soon as possible." Adara noticed a look of worry on her aunt's face as she mentioned her only son.

"I will," Adara answered, "That is if I see him again. Draco is never around."

"Well, I am sure he has his reasons," Narcissa uttered as she pulled Adara into a warm hug. Narcissa didn't know that her niece knew about Draco's appointed job as a Death Eater.

"George, it was a pleasure meeting you," Narcissa complimented as she reached out her hand for him to shake.

"And you as well, Mrs. Malfoy," George replied, shaking the women's hand. "Thank you for being understanding."

Narcissa faintly nodded at George, gave Adara one last kiss on the cheek; bidding her to write as well and then she exited the common room.

Adara let out a long sigh and slumped down on the sofa. George sat beside her and Adara turned to rest her head on his lap. George began to stroke Adara's dark wavy hair that lay across his legs. Adara closed her eyes, savoring the silence and the tranquil essence that filled the room.

"You handled that wonderfully," Adara finally spoke; her voice was barley in a whisper. She slowly opened her eyes and they immediately met George, who had been staring down at her.

"I've been preparing," George answered with a smile, his eyes were filled with love and he began to trace his fingers across Adara's face. Starting at her hair line, down her nose, across her jaw line, and her lips.

"Have you really?" Adara replied. George's touch gave her body goose bumps.

George nodded and exhaled. Adara reached her hand up to her mouth and blew George a kiss. He pretended to catch her wind-blown kiss and place it upon his heart.

Adara let a laugh escape her lips and she sat up. George wrapped his arm around her shoulder and Adara's reached up and held his hand. The two sat in silence, just enjoying eachothers presence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Show the love and COMMENT/subscribe/REC