Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

TWENTY-THREE

Having to put up with the class, History of Magic, was one thing.

But having to put up with the class, History of Magic, without George Weasley was another thing entirely.


Image


"When I find George, he's going to get an ear full about ditching class," Adara whispered to Rachelle, who sat beside her at a long wooden desk, doodling on a piece of parchment hidden behind her textbook.

"Yeah, I don't blame him and Fred for skipping," Rachelle replied, "this class is torture."

Professor Cuthbert Binns had been rambling along on the subject of goblin rebellion for what seemed like an eternity. Not a student present was paying any attention, besides Hermione Granger, who was jotting down, word for word, Binns's repetitive lecture.

"Of all the classes Dolores Umbridge discontinues, she leaves the one that no one bloody cares about," Adara hissed causing Rachelle to quietly chuckle beside her.

After class, Rachelle and Adara headed to the Great Hall for lunch. The hall was nearly empty besides a few students sitting sporadically across the room. Adara and Rachelle took their accustom seats at the end of the Slytherin house table and gradually ate away at their lunch.

"Well, look who finally decided to show up today," Rachelle pointed out as she took a small bite out of her turkey sandwich.

Adara inspected the group of laughing boys who burst into the Great Hall, interrupting the silence. A whimsical grin shown on Adara's face as she watched Fred and George Weasley prance towards the Gryffindor house table. Something had caused their spirits to soar, they looked unusually happy. At least, happier than the twins normally were.

Image


"We finally did it, brother," George Weasley exclaimed while hungrily taking a bite of a juicy, green apple.

Fred Weasley stretched, rested his arms behind his head, and exhaled, "Finally."

"How did you two even get the money?" Ron Weasley asked with an interested look on his face.

"An anonymous donation," George and Fred responded in unison.

Ron noticed Harry Potter, who was sitting across from him, lower his head in a faint smile. Ron smirked, knowing that Harry had more than likely given his twin brothers the starting loan they needed.

George casually looked about the Great Hall, as in, the Slytherin house table. He smiled when his eyes landed upon Adara, who said directly across the room from him. She was laughing with her friends, at what, he didn't know.

Without a word, George stood to his feet and made his way across the Great Hall to the Slytherin table. He noticed Adara eyeing him as he walked closer. George sent his girlfriend a warm smile, which she lovingly returned.

"How are you today, beautiful?" George asked Adara as he sat in the open seat next to her.

"I'm doing well," Adara replied, moving her dark hair over to one shoulder. "How was your day? Something pretty important must have taken place since you ditched class." George chuckled at Adara's last statement and smiled down at her.

"I have my reasons for skipping," George answered, snatching a bite of Adara's lunch.

"Like what?"

"That, my dear, is a surprise."

Adara studied George, wondering what he and Fred were up to.

"Are you done with classes for today?" George continued, pulling Adara out of her thoughts.

"Yes," Adara replied as she drank the last drop of pumpkin juice that filled her goblet.

"Then go and change out of your school robes and meet me in the foyer," George responded and got up from the table. He quickly kissed the top of Adara's head and left the Great Hall before Adara had time to ask where he was going to take her.

"I guess I will see you later, Rachelle," Adara spoke, getting up from the table.

"Bye," Rachelle replied, looking up from her homework that spread across the table. Adara descended the stairs that lead down into the Slytherin dungeon and entered the girls' dormitory. With haste, she took a change of clothes from her wardrobe and scurried into the bathroom. After changing, Adara examined her refection in the long glass mirror in front of her. She speedily touched up her hair and makeup, and then sprayed a wisp of perfume unto her skin before heading off to meet George.

Adara found George waiting exactly where he said he would be, in the Hogwart's foyer.

"You look lovely," George greeted Adara as she approached him. She politely thanked George, who intertwined his hand with hers. The couple made their way out onto the Hogwarts grounds.

"You ready?" George asked, looking down at the lovely lady who stood at his side.

"Ready for what?"

Suddenly, Adara felt herself being pulled forward at an incredible rate, she had never grown accustom to the sensation of apparating.

Once they reached their destination, Adara didn't bother to ask if they were allowed to apparate out of the Hogwart grounds because after getting to know George, she knew that with him...anything goes.

"Diagon Alley," George announced as he stood on the corner of its street.

Adara took in the knowledge of how vacant its streets seemed. They weren't completely sparse, but it was less crowded then usual.

"The surprise is here?" Adara asked, feeling a cold breeze rush past her. She clung to her jacket, trying to obtain the warmth that had been stolen from her by the chilled air.

"Right this way," George beamed. Still holding Adara's hand, George led the way across the street. His pace began to quicken and Adara felt her body being pulled along with him.

"George," Adara laughed as she began to stumble, "slow down."

"Here we are," George expressed as he stopped in front of a vacant store. Its windows where boarded in the form "X" across the outside and fogged by a thick layer of dust. Adara estimated that the store had been deserted for years. However, that would be changing soon. There was a sold sign nailed on the doorway.

"93 Diagon Alley."

Adara peered over at George, who stared at the building, as if, he couldn't believe his eyes.

"George," Adara spoke, pulling him out of his dreamlike gaze. "What is this place?"

Spreading across George's face was his trademark boyish grin. The very look which caused Adara's stomach to flutter with butterflies. Butterflies which she now welcomed instead of despised.

"This charming estate will soon be home to a joke shop," George answered, looking down at Adara, who began to laugh.

"You're showing me a new branch of Zonko's?" Adara asked while a bewildered expression nestled itself upon her face.

"Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes," George spoke, walking closer to the building in front of him, "That's the name Fred and I have decided upon."

Adara's face immediately lit up, realizing what George was speaking of, and collided into George with a hug. "That means you've finally done it!" Adara squealed as George returned her tight embrace.

"Fred and I had to close the deal on this place with the Real Estate Company this morning," George expressed, wrapping his arms around Adara's waist. "That's why I missed class."

"Oh, George! I am so happy for you and Fred," Adara spoke, poking George's nose, and then gently placing a delicate kiss on his lips. Without hesitation, George kissed her back; equally returning the love she gave him with just a simple kiss.

The two parted, catching their breath, and then a thought dawned upon Adara.

“How will you finish school and run a business at the same time?”

George bit his bottom lip and pulled away from Adara. He stared up at the soon-to-be joke shop in front of him.

“That’s what I have wanted to talk to you about,” George answered, his back faced towards her and his red hair danced in the wind; ruffling the already unkempt hair on top of George’s head.

Adara took three steps and reached his side. She gently rubbed his back, silently bidding him to continue.

“Fred and I are leaving Hogwarts,” George confided, “We’ve never been the type of people to love school. Ever since I can remember, Fred and I have dreamed of starting our own business.”

Adara exhaled, trying to not let a wave of sadness pour over her. This was George’s dream. It would be selfish of her to tell him to stay at Hogwarts just to be with her.

“The only reason Fred and I have stayed at Hogwarts this long is because of a lack of money to put a loan down on this place,” George continued, still looking forwards.

“Go for it,” Adara finally spoke up. George looked down at her questionably.

“You’re going to go far, George Weasley,” she continued, her eyes locked with his. “Leave Hogwarts, chase your dreams, and don’t let a concern of me hold you back.”

George’s face lit up and he stared back into Adara’s eyes which radiated against the sun’s rays. Knowing that he had Adara’s full support made George’s heart soar. He felt unstoppable.

“You’re the most amazing woman I’ve ever met,” George expressed as he cupped Adara’s face and placed hundreds of kisses across it. “You have no idea how much your approval means to me.”

“Hogwarts won’t be the same without you, though,” Adara expressed, beginning to grow somber. “When are you leaving?”

“Fred and I plan on leaving Hogwarts the day after the ball this week,” George replied, stroking his thumb across the side of Adara’s hand.

Adara wasn’t expecting their departure to be so soon. 5 days.

“Now, I don’t want you getting any ideas of leaving Hogwarts too,” George ordered, as he walked with Adara back up to the Hogwarts castle. “You need to finish up school so you can be a Potioneer.”

After many weeks of stressing, Adara had finally found what she wanted to have as a career.

A Potioneer. One who, well, makes potions for a living.

George thought the idea was brilliant, seeing as Adara excelled in Potions. He told Adara that she would become a world renowned professional brewer and her inventions would change the wizarding universe.

"Maybe you're first assignment will be to concoct a potion to be sold at Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes," George happily expressed, "We are looking to sell a Love Potion." He winked at Adara after finishing his sentence.

"We'll see," Adara replied, as they walked into the warmth of Hogwarts.

"You're not sad, are you, Adara?" George asked, stopping in front of the staircases which lead to the Slytherin dungeon.

Knowing that he could tell by Adara's facial expressions if she was lying, George studied Adara's face, patiently waiting for her answer. A playful smirk appeared on Adara's face, causing George's heart to tighten.

“I am so proud of you, Weasley.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much to everyone who has been commenting. It makes me smile :D