Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

TWENTY-FOUR

“Happy, almost two-weeks, anniversary, lovely,” George Weasley dramatically cooed; battling his eyelashes at his girlfriend, who occupied a stone bench in the Hogwarts courtyard.

Adara greeted George with a bright smile and laughed at his charming wit. She patted the seat next to her; welcoming George to sit.

“George, I told you I didn’t want any of this weekly anniversary nonsense,” Adara reminded while closing a textbook that rested upon her lap.

“And that is my reason for doing so,” George teased, kissing Adara’s cheek. “Plus, almost two weeks is a mile stone. It simply must be celebrated.”

George scooted closer to Adara and wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

“Close your eyes,” George whispered into Adara’s ear while taking in the way she smelt; always of vanilla.

Obeying, Adara squinted her eyes shut. George pulled his wand out of his coat pocket and with the flick of his wrist, an elegantly wrapped package appeared on Adara’s lap. Startled by the secret object that landed upon her legs, Adara’s eyes shot open.

“Oh, George, you didn’t have to get me anything,” Adara beamed as she stared at the gift in front of her.

“Did I tell you to open your eyes yet, Malfoy?” George gasped, causing Adara to laugh and close her eyes tight once more.

“That’s my girl,” George breathed, secretly smirking at her. “Now,” George let the silence linger, only the sound of students hurrying by to get to class could be heard, “open your eyes.”

Adara glanced up at George and then at the present upon her lap. “Oh, I am just so surprised!” she exclaimed sarcastically, placing a hand up to her lips.

George rolled his eyes and kissed the side of her temple, “Open it,” he directed, leaning his head on the side of hers.

Adara tore the wrapping paper off the package; letting it fall upon the ground, and she giggled at the revealed gift.

“Weasley, you got me a box,” Adara smirked, “Just what I needed.”

“Open the box, love,” George said calmly; ignoring his girlfriend’s sarcasm.

He watched Adara pop open the side of the small cardboard box and let a simple black picture frame slide into her hands.

Adara stared at the moving picture inside of the frame; a look of amusement greeted her face.

It was a picture George had taken of the two of them just the night before..

Image


Adara and George had returned back to Hogwarts from their private venture to Diagon Alley moments after dinner had ended. George's grumbling stomach could have been heard throughout the castle.

"Someone's hungry," Adara teased, her hand resting in George's.

"My stomach is practically screaming at me," George expressed, poking his growling belly with his free hand.

Adara's eyes met George as he looked up and an idea simultaneously entered both of their minds.

"Would you like to do the honors?" Adara asked, motioning George towards a large portrait of various fruits.

"Yes, of course," George answered, puffing out his chest, and walking up to the painting.

He reached out his hand and tickled the sides of the small painted pear. It began to squirm with delight and an entryway into the Hogwarts kitchen appeared. The couple walked inside and Adara closed the portrait door behind her.

"Mr. Weasley, it's nice to see you again," a tall, at least tall for a house elf, and gangling creature greeted as he limped over toward George.

"You too, Hinrik," George replied, "May we have two bowls of ice cream?"

"Right away, sir," the elf answered, then hobbled off into the kitchen which swarmed with other house-elves, who were cleaning up after dinner and already starting tomorrow morning's breakfast.

"Do you know all the house elves by name?" Adara asked, taking a seat at a small table in the far right corner of the bustling kitchen.

"I don't know that one," George answered pointing to a bug-eyed elf, who was scrubbing down the floors across the room. "Or, that one," he continued, "And that one."

Adara laughed and rested her elbows on the table, "You're so handsome," she whispered as she eyed the man sitting across from her.

George's smile revealed his perfect teeth, he cocked his head to one side and ruffled his hair, "I try."
"Here you go, Mr. and misses," the elf, Hinrik, announced, while placing two heaping bowls of ice cream onto the table.

"Thank you," George replied, hungrily eying the frozen dessert in front of him.

"Yum, ice cream for dinner," Adara said to herself, before taking a bite. "You know," She continued while plucking a stem off a cherry that dressed itself in a pile of whipped cream. "A line of dessert themed prank products would be a clever idea."

George paused and absorbed the concept. He liked the idea.

"Since you already have that cursed propelling pie," Adara chuckled, setting her spoon down; remembering the sight of pies whizzing through the air in the Slytherin common room only a few days before.

"What are some of your ideas?" George asked, clearly interested in what Adara was going to say.

"Well," Adara spoke, standing up from her seat and pacing the floor in front of them. "There are many choices to choose from."

George watched her with loving eyes and a boyish grin upon his face. Adara's heels clicked against the linoleum ground beneath her as she continued to pace; deep in thought.

"Ice cream could be a choice," Adara smirked, an idea popped into her head and she strode back over to her bowl of ice cream, casually picking it up.

George shifted in his seat and continued to watch Adara. She scooped up a serving of ice cream in her spoon and continued with her speech.

"It could do a little something like this," Adara gripped the hilt of her spoon and flung a glob of ice cream at George. A chocolate blob landed on his sweater and he looked up at Adara, who stood with the classic "Malfoy" smirk upon her lips.

"You're going to pay for that, Adara," George playfully threatened, grabbing his own bowl of ice cream, chucking a spoonful at her, but missed.

"Bring it on, Weasley," Adara winked and flung another glob of ice cream at him, barely missing his face.

Adara laughed with delight as she ducked about the kitchen, slowly getting covered in a sticky layer of ice cream. She jumped up from behind one of the counters and saw George hastily hide behind a elf who passed by.

"Real clever," Adara teased. Her eyes widened when she saw George, who was also covered in ice cream, perk up his head and make his way over to her.

Adara squealed and tried to run, but all the obstacles in the kitchen delayed her quick get away. Not paying attention to the ground, she slipped in a melted puddle of strawberry ice cream and slid onto the ground.

"Are you okay?" George asked as a concerned look rested on his face. Adara lie on the floor, her clothes covered in ice cream, roaring with laughter.

George began to laugh as well, as they both let the event that took place settle in.

The kitchen was now platter painted in melted globs of ice cream, along with some of the elves, who had taken a few bullets of the ice cream during the battle. George joined Adara's side, laying himself along the floor; both looking up at the ceiling.

"Adara, your hair is sticking to my face," George said between bursts of laughter, trying to removed her dark hair from his sticky face.

"Good," Adara replied, looking over at her boyfriend. She laughed when she saw George's face up close. Strands of her hair were matted against it and along with a mask of ice cream. "You're a mess."

"So are you," George whispered; wiping a blob of ice cream of Adara's cheek.

"We destroyed this place," Adara expressed, as she played with George's hand; tracing her fingers with his.

"We can help clean up in a minute," George replied, gently kissing the crook of Adara's neck. "But I want to savor this moment."

With that being said, George pulled out his wand and summoned a camera to appear.

"Smile, beautiful," George whispered into Adara's ear and the camera flashed.


Image


Adara continued to admire the picture that George given her. The two were coated in ice cream, lying on the floor. Adara was laughing as she smiled up at the camera and George was kissing her hand, his lips revealing a loving grin.

"Thank you, George," Adara expressed; placing the frame on her lap.

"You're welcome, I thought you'd like it," George grinned while he picked up the black picture frame and studied it.

"I have a present for you too, but it's not ready yet," Adara confided as she picked up her textbooks and stood to her feet.

"Oh really?" George asked, becoming quite intrigued. He handed the photo frame back to Adara, who placed it in her book bag for safe keeping.

"Yes, but you will have to wait until it's finished," Adara smirked, grabbing George's hand as they walked back into the castle.

Image


3 days later


"Wake up, sleepy head!" Deveny bellowed as she jumped on the side of Adara's bed.

Adara groaned in protest and rolled over, not wanting to leave the warmth of her plush bed.

"Adara, you have to get up!" Rachelle yelled from across the room while slipping a pair of shoes on her feet.

"There is no time for lounging around today," Deveny reminded while yanking the covers off Adara, who jolted up in bed; remembering what today was.

Classes today were cut short due to the need of perpetration for the masquerade ball that night. Adara wondered why the professors even bothered with having class; everyone was too excited to pay attention anyway.

"Deveny, do you have a date tonight for the ball?" Rachelle asked as she secured a gold mask upon her face.

"Yes," Deveny replied from inside one of the bathroom's changing stalls. "You will find out who he is tonight."

"I bet its Lee Jordan," Adara whispered to Rachelle, who nodded.

Deveny and Lee had been spending lots of time together since their first meet at the Three Broomsticks.

"I guess it's time to meet the boys," Rachelle expressed as her, Adara, and Deveny entered the common room which was bustling with Slytherin students dressed in their evening attire.

The group made their way into the foyer which was crowded with students trying to make their way into the Great Hall. Gentle music wafted throughout the air and paintings across the walls complimented the girls' appearances as they waited for a sign of their dates.

"Rachelle," A voice spoke from behind. The girls turned around as saw Fred walking toward his date for the evening.

"Hello Fred," Rachelle greeted smoothly, "you look handsome."

"I do clean up well, don't I?" Fred teased, while adjusting the mask upon his face. "And you, Rachelle, look beautiful."

Rachelle politely thanked him and twirled in her dress. Fred reached out his hand for her to take and escorted his lovely date into the hall.

"And there's my date now," Deveny whispered to Adara and pointed over to Neville Longbottom, who was approaching.

Adara stared at Deveny wide-eyed, not knowing that she knew Neville and/or liked him.

"We take Herbology together," Deveny uttered, answering Adara's unspoken question.

Adara glanced over at Deveny who was now being escorted into the Great Hall by Neville and admired Deveny's dress from afar.

The crowd in the Great Hall began to die down and Adara was one of the few people who remained in the foyer. She began to wonder if George had forgotten until her eyes met that unmistakable red hair.

"Adara," George breathed as he casually approached his date.

"Hello, George," Adara greeted, doing a twirl to show off her gown to him.

"You never cease to take my breath away," George compliment, taking Adara's hand and kissing it.

Adara's cheeks flushed pink and she stared at the handsome man in front of her.

"Shall we?" George asked, holding out his arm for Adara to take.

"We shall."

George and Adara strode into the Great Hall and gasped at the changed scenery before them. Hanging loosely from the towering beams against the walls were a sheer gold silken fabric that was draped to perfection. Thousands of twinkling lights adorned the starry night ceiling, giving the room a heavenly glow. Elegant, candle lit tables decorated the floor of the room and were placed in an orderly fashion on both sides of the dance floor. Adara and George slowly made their way over to a table the Rachelle, Fred, Deveny, Neville, Hermione, Ron, and Harry were already occupying.

"Oh, Adara!" Hermione squealed as she jumped from her seat next to Ronald Weasley.

"Hermione, you look gorgeous," Adara complimented, taking both of Hermione's hands in hers.

"Thank you and so do you!" Hermione replied, giving Adara and light hug.

"What about me?" George teased Hermione, eyeing her front behind his mask. "You look dashingly handsome, George," Hermione spoke, smiling at her friend.

Pleased with her response, George thanked Hermione and escorted Adara toward two open seats at the table. The group sat, enjoying eachothers company and admired the festivities taking place across the room.

"Good evening students," Albus Dumbledore's voice echoed throughout the hall, silencing the chatter and music. "I would like to welcome you to the first annual Hogwarts Masquerade ball."

A chorus of applauds filled the hall and then gradually died down.

"Let the dancing begin," the elderly headmaster beamed and the music picked up once more.

Adara watched couples make their way out to the dance floor, smiling at their elegant apparel.

"May I have this dance?" Neville Longbottom asked Deveny, who answered with a smile and made her way to the dance floor with her date.

"An odd couple," Ron Weasley spoke up, watching the two move slowly to the music.

"But they seem happy," Hermione added in, silently wishing for Ron to ask her to dance.

Harry Potter abruptly stood from his seat and made his way over to a table of girls who sat across the room. Adara watched as he asked a young lady to dance, she accepted and walked hand in hand with Harry to the dance floor.

"'Atta boy," Fred Weasley spoke up, referring to Harry's actions.

"Adara," George beckoned as he stood to his feet. Her crystal blue eyes met his and his pulse quickened. "Would you dance with me?"

"I'd love to," Adara answered, taking George's hand and gliding to the dance floor.

George's hand met Adara's waist, the other grasped her hand out to the side. Adara rested her free hand on top of George's shoulder while they both waltzed in perfect time to the music.

"George Weasley, I had didn't know you were such a good dancer," Adara uttered, smiling up at her boyfriend.

"I am quite full of surprises," George whispered back, Adara could see the twinkle of his eyes behind his mask.

George gently pulled Adara closer to him; neither of them spoke as they danced to the music, they just looked back at on another, caught up in the moment.

George dipped Adara, his hand resting protectively across her back. Adara giggled with delight as he pulled her back up. He placed a warm kiss upon her lips which Adara lovingly returned. The couple slowly departed from their kiss and Adara rested her head on George's chest; listening to his steady heart beat, she closed her eyes.

George began to stroke the back of her hair and hum along quietly to the music.

"Adara," a familiar voice spoke behind her. She lifted her head and turned around.

Adara's heart tightened when she saw her cousin standing before her. She didn't realize how much she missed him until now. Turning back to George, Adara searched his eyes, silently asking if she could go over to Draco. George nodded his head and a grin tugged at the corner of his mouth. Adara raced over to her dear cousin, having to lift up the side of her gown to keep from tripping.

Adara greeted Draco in a tight hug which he quickly returned.

"You look stunning," Draco expressed as he studied Adara's attire.

"You don't look too bad yourself, Draco," Adara replied, as she adjusted his black bow-tie.

"Weasley won't mind if I dance with you, will he?" Draco asked, looking over at George who made his way back over to their table.

"Not at all," Adara replied as she walked with her cousin to the dance floor.

Draco and Adara began to dance along to the music. Adara gazed at her cousin, noticing his change in appearance. He seemed older.

"I miss you," Adara whispered, meeting Draco's gaze. "Narcissa visited a few days ago and she seemed worried about you."

Draco swallowed a lump forming in his throat. He missed his family, but he didn't have a choice. He was chosen.

"I will write to her when I get the chance," Draco replied, forcing a smile at Adara.

"When will you get the chance, Draco?" Adara asked as Draco twirled her.

"Soon," he whispered back into her ear. "Very soon."

The music died down and Draco escorted Adara back to her table. He politely bowed to his cousin and thanked George for sparing him a dance with Adara.

"Did you have a nice time?" George asked Adara as she sat beside him, he gently rested his hand on top of hers.

'Yes," Adara whispered, watching Draco leave the Hall.

"I wonder where he is going." Adara thought to herself.

Adara and George spent the next few hours dancing and having a great time with their friends.

"Blimey, my feet are killing me," Fred Weasley expressed as he slumped into a seat next to Rachelle, who had taken her heels off hours ago.

"Mine too," Hermione replied, who talked over hand-in-hand with Ron, who finally found the courage to ask Hermione to dance.

"Has anyone seen, Harry?" Ron asked while he took a seat beside Fred.

"No," George answered.

"Sorry, Ronniekins," Fred and George finished the sentence in harmony.

"I saw him leave the Great Hall about an hour ago," Neville chimed in from his seat across the table from Ron.

Adara began to grow worried. Draco never returned and now Harry was gone.

Something was up.

And it, more than likely, wasn't anything good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, subscribe, rec! P L E A S E :D