Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

TWENTY-FIVE

Graying walls and white cots. The hospital wing of Hogwarts was like a pause button. A temporary hold. Life on standby. Adara occupied a metal folding chair in the corner of the hospital wing; her legs crossed and her head in her hands. The atmosphere around her seemed to seep into her bones, numb her heart, and ice her blood.

Blood. So much, blood.

The Hogwarts students three stories below didn't have a clue. They continued to lavish themselves in all the masquerade's festivities had to offer without knowledge that Adara's world had stopped cold. Out of her peripherals, Adara caught sight of movement; she jerked her head up, causing her stiff neck to pop due to sudden movement.

"Draco," Adara whispered as she fell to her knees beside the bed that her cousin laid. Adara's crimson dress encircled the floor beneath her, darkened stains of dried blood; Draco's blood, were imprinted across the front of Adara's gown.

Adara brushed back the sweat matted hair that stuck to Draco's forehead. Madame Pomfrey had bid Adara to go back to the ball numerous times. She said that Draco just needed to rest, that Professor Snape had healed Draco's condition before it worsened, but Adara couldn't leave him. She was traumatized by the vivid memory of her cousin gasping for breath on the boys lavatory floor, surrounded in his own blood. She couldn't leave him. She couldn't go back. Not after what they'd done to Draco. Not after what she had said.

Image


Adara had become concerned about her cousin when Ron Weasley pointed out Harry Potter's absence. Maybe it was just a coincidence that neither of the boys were present, but Adara needed to settle the worry that filled her mind, she needed to make sure Draco was safe.

George had offered to accompany Adara, but she politely declined, telling George to search that castle for Harry; Draco was hers to find.

Searching the Slytherin common room and the boys' dormitory, Adara couldn't find any trace of her cousin, therefore, restoring in her next place of searching; the boys' lavatory.

Adara's ears picked up the sound of distant yells coming from deep within the corridor; her pace quickened and pulse surged. Flashes of light escaped the entrance of the room ahead and Adara knew she had found Draco, but not only him; Harry Potter as well.

Sprinting into the boys' lavatory, Adara's heels splashed into a thin layer of water that blanketed the tile floor beneath her. Her eyes caught sight of the back of Harry Potter, who stood with his feet frozen to the floor; staring at something or someone.

"Draco," Adara frantically called, pushing Harry out of the way.

"Adara, I'm so sorry," Harry breathed behind her, but Adara didn't hear for her cries of horror suffocated the room.

Adara knelt beside the body of her beloved cousin, Draco, who lie on the ground with numerous gashes across his body; blood soaking his white cotton shirt.

"I didn't know," Harry whispered; his voice filled with regret. Adara's eyes shot up and drilled Harry, the one who put Draco in this state.

Draco's sharp breathing rolled through Adara's ears, tightening her heart, and numbing her mind. Her vision blurred with stinging tears, she felt so helpless, so, utterly helpless. Suddenly, Severus Snape glided into the room and knelt beside Draco's dieing body. Under his breath, he spoke several healing spells in hopes of countering the curse Harry had put on Draco.

"You did this to him," Adara growled at Harry, her tone laced with malice. "You tried to kill him."

Adara rose to her feet, her crimson gown drenched in a mixture of water and blood from the pools beneath her feet. Her once elegantly styled hair was in a disarray of teased curls dancing about her face and shoulders.

"Adara, I didn't mean to," Harry gasped, his body trembling in the fright of what he'd done.

Adara angrily strode towards the jade eyed boy and smacked him across the face. Her hand tingled from the force she had given and a red hand print painted itself upon Harry's cheek. Harry left his face turned the side, numb from Adara's abuse.

"Adara," a voice called in the distance. Adara didn't care who it was or what they wanted. She only cared about one thing; causing Harry has much pain as he had inflicted upon her cousin.

With her wand forcefully pressed against Harry's neck, Adara breathed heavily; lead by her anger, she smirked evilly, wanting to see Harry scream in agony; wanting him to die.

"Adara," the voice yelled behind her, forcefully gripping her shoulder, but Adara didn't budge. Her eyes locked on Harry. Ready.

"Adara, stop!”

“No, George,” Adara yelled, “he tried to kill Draco.”

George gripped Adara's wrist that was holding her wand. “I said stop.”

Adara broke her gaze from Harry and looked over at George, “Don't you understand? Harry tried to kill Draco.”

“Harry is my friend, Adara. I won't let you hurt him!” George pulled Adara by the arm away from Harry, who gasped for breath.

"How could you?" Adara screamed, pushing George's chest, he stumbled back and stared at Adara in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" George replied, trying to walk back over, wanting nothing more than to comfort Adara. He knew she was angry about what Harry had done to Draco, but it was only an accident.

"It's Harry's fault, he hates Draco," Adara responded; her voice rising with each word, "And you're taking his side!"

"But he didn't kill Draco and I am taking no ones side," George reminded her, "Harry wouldn't intentionally try to kill Draco, this was an accident! Wasn't it, Harry?" George glanced over at Harry who stood, frozen in panic, his emerald eyes hazed with remorse.

"I didn't mean to," Harry spoke again; his voice cracking.

Adara didn't reply, she just stood and stared at her boyfriend, whose tuxedo was wrinkled and hair unkempt. Adara clenched her jaw tight.

"Get out," Adara hissed; not breaking her gaze from George. His face lightened a shade and he took two steps closer to Adara.

"I want to help," George expressed with quivering lips.

"It's a little late for that," Adara growled; looking back over to Draco, who was being lifted up off the ground by Severus.

"Adara, don't be like this," George whispered, stroking the side of her face. Adara smacked his hand away and strode over to Snape, who made his way to exist the lavatory.

Before leaving, Adara turned around and studied the heartbroken face of her boyfriend. The man she had just danced in the arms of. The man she'd kissed. The man she loved. The man who was now scolding her for wanting to do the right thing; seeking revenge.

"Goodbye, George."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks everyone for reading!

And thanks to everyone who has been commenting and messaging me!