Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

TWENTY-NINE

The click of her heels meeting the cold stone floor beneath her feet was like the tick of the clock, like a metronome; never breaking a count; never missing a beat.

Tap. Tap. Tap

Adara stood with hands firmly planted onto the island in her potions lab; a gift given to her by her cousin, Draco Malfoy, for Christmas. She averted her gaze every so often to the heart shaped vial that rested next to her right hand.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Using the palm of her hand to rub her temples, Adara exhaled and closed her eyes. She'd been standing in the same spot for hours, thinking and going over the words in the letter she'd received only that morning. Come to find out, the letter addressed to Adara was not from George Weasley, but his twin, Fred. Inside the note, he thanked Adara for sharing her recipe for the Love-Potion, which was the gift she'd left George for their “two week anniversary, with himself and George. Apparently, they'd mass produced her potion and were selling them by the dozen at Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. Enclosed in the package was one of the finished products of her creation.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Fred also mentioned how he and George missed seeing her around and would love for Adara to visit their shop. She scoffed when she read those words; she didn't believe George would want to see her. How could he? Not after what she'd done.

"Adara," a voice called out in the distance. Hearing the sound of her name, Adara moved her gaze over toward the door across the room and watched its doorknob twist.

"I see you've found your gift," Draco Malfoy spoke smoothly, his hands rested in the low pockets of his black trench coat. "Is everything to your liking?"

"Draco, it's all so wonderful," Adara breathed as she wrapped her arms around her cousin in a hug, "Thank you."

Pulling out of the hug, Draco smirked; his frosted blue eyes scanned Adara; her once pleasant expression was replaced with one that of annoyance.

"What's wrong?"

"This room," Adara hissed while striding back over to the softly glowing potion vial sent from the Weasley twins.

"You just told me you like it," Draco spoke, his voice revealed the confusion that was taking over this mind.

"I do, let me finish," Adara breathed, closing her eyes and exhaling; she picked up a small piece of rolled parchment and handed it to Draco. "This room, the letter; neither are a coincidence." Adara watched her cousin's eyes glide back and forth as they read the ink stained words in front of him. Draco pushed his fingers through his blond hair and looked over at Adara.

"Fred and George want to have a business meeting with you," Draco spoke up, repeating the words on the page. "Where's the harm in that?" Draco's lips began to curl and that was when Adara knew she had his plans figured out.

"Isn't it funny how I now have this amazing laboratory that allows me to create any potion I desire and it just so happens that I now have an offer to create potions to be sold at the Weasley's joke shop?" Adara flipped her long hair over her shoulders and walked over to Draco.

"I know what you're trying to do."

"I don't understand what you're accusing me of," Draco replied, his face going blank and eyes cold.

"You set this up," Adara indicted; her ocean blue eyes narrowed and her jaw clenched.

Draco perched his lips and strode over to the bookshelves that lined the wall behind him. Aimlessly sliding a book from its resting place into his hands, Draco let the silence linger. An aggravated grunt came from Adara and a hidden smirk coiled on Draco's lips. He closed the book in his hands and nestled it back into its previous place on the metal shelve.

"It's quite ingenious if I do say so myself," Draco spoke; his words running smooth. He gave Adara a wink and strode back over towards her.

"Draco, your arrogance is showing," Adara affronted while folding her arms across her chest.

A low laugh escaped Draco's lips and he rested a cold hand upon his cousin's shoulder. "It's time to start over."

The expression on Draco's face tightened after he spoke, revealing the seriousness of the matter. "I'm helping you get a second chance."

Adara's breath was caught in her throat, she'd recently flirted with the idea of getting another chance with George, but quickly told herself that she was more than likely too late.

"What if George thinks we don't deserve a second chance," Adara uttered, looking down at the gray stone floor beneath her feet.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that, love" Draco spoke with confidence.

Adara looked back up at her cousin, who stood before her grinning from ear to ear.

"You've spoken to him about me?"

"If I remember correctly, it was the other way around."

Adara bit her bottom lip, trying with all her strength not to smile at the wonderful truth that was just laid before her. A bright smile graced itself warmly on Adara's cheeks, signally she'd failed.

"What did he say?" Adara asked, regaining a calm composer.

"Ask him yourself," Draco expressed, his eyes twinkled with amusement.

Adara cocked her head to the side and narrowed her eyes, trying to find the reason for Draco's words somewhere in his playful expression.

"You will be seeing him tonight."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yippeeee! C O M M E N T P L E A S E !