Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

THIRTY

Draco leaned against the wall outside Adara’s closet, he inwardly laughed at the frustrated young women who stood inside, flinging clothes left and right.

Adara stormed out of her closest, her eyes were filled with dissatisfaction and she pointed a finger in her cousin’s face. “You did this to me, Draco Malfoy.”

Draco began to laugh and rolled his eyes at his cousin, “You put yourself in this mess, Adara.”

Adara replied with a groan and stomped back into her closet, continuing the hopeless mission of trying to find an outfit to wear that evening.

“I’m only trying to get you out,” Draco continued as he poked his head into the cluttered room his cousin was standing in.

“Get out, I’m going to change,” Adara hissed, pushing Draco’s back; attempting to remove his presence from her bedroom.

“Fine,” Draco laughed, throwing his hands up in surrender.

Adara closed her bedroom door as Draco left then rested her head against its wooden frame.

“You should wear something red,” Draco called out from behind the door. Adara groaned and suppressed a laugh.

“Go away, Draco.”

Adara emerged from her bedroom an hour later, pleased with her choice of clothes, and headed down the hall towards Draco’s room to show him her finished product.

"You look beautiful," Draco expressed as he opened his bed room door; welcoming Adara to come in.

"I feel like I need to wear something else," Adara confided, "It's a Christmas party we're going to, right?"

"Yes and you look fine. Calm down," Draco replied with a chuckle; slipping his shoes on his feet. "It's the Weasleys for Merlin's sake."

A swarm of butterflies filled Adara's insides and she swallowed hard. She didn't want to believe that she'd be seeing George in only a short matter of time. Adara didn't have the slightest clue what she would do when she saw him again.

"I feel faint," Adara breathed as she rested her hands upon Draco's bed frame for support.

"Just take a deep breath," Draco spoke as he rubbed her back, "Everything is going to be fine."

"What should I say to him?" Adara quietly asked; fear of making a fool of herself seeped into her mind.

"If you don't know what to say, then let George be the first to talk," Draco responded.

Adara had to admit, it wasn’t a bad idea.

“Are you ready to go?” Draco asked, watching Adara turn and face him.

“No.”

Draco let out a laugh and linked his arm with Adara; the two apparated to the streets of Diagon Alley.

Visions of when George had taken Adara here last year to show her his newly bought piece of property filled her mind. Only this time, the shop before her wasn’t bland and vacant; the sight before her eyes burst with color.

A smile warmed Adara’s cold cheeks as she gazed at the shop before her; it was quite an eye catcher. Colorful posters, advertising the products Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes sold, crowded the windows, barely allowing but a taste of what the inside would have in store.

“Let’s head inside,” Draco whispered to Adara, who needed a little push to get her legs working once more.

“I can’t believe I’m doing this,” Adara mumbled and Draco nudged her side, sending her a wink.

“You can thank me later.”

“That depends on how the turn of events goes,” Adara hissed back, feeling as if she might be sick as Draco opened the door to the joke shop.

The sound of chattering voices and Christmas music wafted into Adara’s ears as she stepped foot into the warmth of Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes. The room before her was filled with too many familiar faces. No sign of George yet, Adara let out a sigh of relief. Draco gave Adara’s arm a squeeze before helping her out of her jacket and placing it on the coat rack to their left.

“I should warn you,” Draco grinned wickedly, “George doesn’t know you’re coming.”

Adara's eyes widened in fear and she punched Draco in the arm.

"You're telling me this now!?" Adara spat. "Who else doesn't know I'm here?"

"Just him," Draco replied while clenching the spot on his arm Adara had abused.

Adara let out a long exhale and turned to face the crowded room before her.

"Hi Adara," Rachelle greeted as she strode over to her, "I didn't expect to see you here." She sent Draco a wink, showing Adara that she too was in on Draco's plot.

"I didn't expect to be here," Adara replied back, her hands began to tremble when she caught sight of that unmistakable red hair.

Image


"Hey George," his sister Ginny Weasley greeted him, "Great party."

"Thanks, Ginny" George responded with a smile, taking a sip of the pumpkin juice he held in his hand.

He heard the bell on top of the door chime, signally more guests arriving but he didn't turn to see who had entered. George busied himself with organizing a shelf of Anti-Gravity Hats that had been knocked on the ground. After he finished, George turned around; about to find out where his twin brother had run off to, when his body froze; eyes locked on to a young woman who stood across the room from him. There was only one pair of eyes that stopped his heart cold; Adara's sapphire eyes.

George didn't know whether to believe Adara was actually here or if his constant thoughts of her had finally driven him mad. Honestly, he didn't care. What he knew to be true was that the woman he loved; the woman who left him was looking back at him once more and he couldn't move his feet.

Image


Adara's eyes were locked onto George',; she swallowed hard and admired how much older he looked. A year had really changed him. She noticed the etching of sadness upon his face and couldn't help but blame herself for the cause of it.

“What did I do to him?” Adara thought to herself.

Feeling awkward, Adara looked away and gave her attention to Draco, who was eyeing her intently.

“How are you feeling?” Draco teased as he rubbed the side of Adara’s arm.

“Like I’m going to be sick,” Adara muttered, glaring at Rachelle and Draco, who were both smirking like mad.

Adara turned back around to find George making his way away from her through a crowd of guests. She saw him disappear into what seemed to be a store room. Without warning or thought, Adara strode off after him. She pushed her way through the groups of people who gathered in the center of the shop, ignoring the numerous greetings she was receiving. She had to get to George.

Trying to muffle the click of her heels, Adara tip toed on the balls of her feet and poked her head into the room George had gone into.

Image


George entered the store room of his joke shop and ran his hands through his hair. He'd spent the past year wishing to see Adara again, praying he'd have a chance, and now that he was in the same building as her he'd ran away.

His ears caught a noise of heels tapping against the floor boards; he'd know that sound anywhere. Not thinking clearly, George hid himself inside a small storage closet and watched from between the cracks of the door. He gazed at Adara's frame that strode into the room.

"She's perfect," George thought to himself as he swooned over the young women who stood before him. She'd changed; she looked older; more mature. But her eyes still held the same beauty they had the last time George had seen Adara.

"George," Adara whispered, casually looking around the store room filled with boxes of merchandise.

George smiled at the sound of his name; he’d missed her voice.

Suddenly, he felt foolish for hiding and panicked as he watched Adara step closer toward his hideout. Attempting to somehow make his appearance not out of the ordinary, George tripped over a box under his feet he hadn't noticed. With his luck, Adara was now positioned perfectly to where his fall would affect her as well.

Adara shrieked as she fell to the ground under George. She watched George's cheeks flush red and she laughed; harder than she had in a long while.

"I see your sense of charm still remains, Weasley," Adara teased, she was shocked by her own calm composer.

A grin tugged at George's mouth and he rose to his feet, offering a hand to help her off the ground.

Adara took his offer, getting a chill from the touch of his skin; Adara rose to her feet. She adjusted her blouse and fixed her hair over her left shoulder, then met George's gaze.

"Hi," he whispered, taking a step toward her.

Adara's pulse quickened. The smell of George's cologne met her senses; bringing back old feelings.

"Hi," she replied back, a small smirk teased the corner of Adara's lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
TEASER! :D