Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

THIRTY-ONE

He had that gleam in his eye. That same gleam Adara had witnessed too many times to count.

She had that smirk on her lips. That very smirk that made George’s knees weak.

It all came flooding back, every memory, every feeling, and every look; like the ocean’s tide.


Image


“Want to go somewhere a little less crowded?” George whispered, looking back and forth at the boxes of unpacked merchandise that were encompassing himself and Adara. “I think they’re watching us.”

“Sure,” Adara smoothly replied, stealing glances from George as he led her toward a staircase in the back corner of the room.

George opened the burgundy painted door, which let out a creak, at the top of the staircase. Stepping inside, George flipped a light switch to the right of him; illuminating the loft he and Fred shared.

“Welcome to Weasley manor,” George announced, bowing towards Adara; a playful grin crept its way across his face.

Adara walked past him, admiring the knickknacks that lined themselves on top of several shelves on a wall in the foyer.

“Those would be our joke inventions that didn’t make the cut,” George Weasley spoke from behind Adara; his hands placed behind his back, watching the woman in front of him.

“That’s quite a few,” Adara replied, not making eye contact with George and walking into the living room to the right of her.

A long, plaid patterned sofa occupied the majority of the seating area; two matching black end tables rested on both sides. A black stained coffee table seated itself the middle of the room; products from the store, Quidditch magazines, and a few discarded bills lay upon it‘s glass top. Blanketing the cherry wood floor beneath the seating area was a white shag carpet; it was worn out on the edges, revealing the long life it had.

What caught Adara’s attention was the wall in the back of the living room, it was lined with numerous picture frames; each holding precious memories. Adara smiled as she watched the pictures move in front of her, recognizing a vast amount of the people within the frames. Some though, she didn’t know but assumed them to be George’s parents; since the couple too, possessed the same ginger hair George and the rest of his siblings had.

“Would you like something to drink?” George spoke up from the kitchen that adjoined the living room.

“Yes. Tea, please,” Adara replied, taking her time to join George in the kitchen.

“Sorry this place is a mess,” George spoke as he glanced over at Adara, who took a seat on a stool in front of kitchen counter.

“You don’t have to apologize,” Adara expressed as she watched George bustle around the small kitchen in search of a tea kettle.

Smiling to herself, Adara reached into her hand bag, pulled out her wand, and with the flick of her wrist, the dirty dishes held captive in the sink washed themselves and found their resting place within the cabinets above.

From his spot in front of the stove, George turned around and gifted Adara with a similar smirk she was sending him.

“If I may be so bold, your actions cause me to think that you believe my brother and I are too lazy to clean.”

“I didn’t speak a word,” Adara replied; wondering if she smiled any longer would permanently engrave it on her face.

“Mom never told me and Fred cleaning spells,” George confessed while handing Adara a mug of hot tea.

Adara laughed, holding the drink in her hands; she closed her eyes and took in its warmth.

“It’s great to see you again,” George spoke while leaning against counter across from where Adara sat. His eyes filled with joy as he stared upon the face he’d wondered so many nights if he’d ever see again.

“It’s good to see you too, George,” Adara expressed, setting her mug down on the counter in front of her and tucked a few loose strands of hair behind her ear.

“How has your life been?”

“George,” Adara uttered; meeting her gaze was a pair of golden brown eyes she didn’t realize she’d missed so much. She knew George was just making conversation yet she also knew it was a mask to cover the thought that lingered fresh in their minds.

“No, Adara,” George spoke; his voice barely rising. “I just want to talk to you.”

Guilt pinched Adara’s heart; she regretted leaving George; she regretted the mess she’d made.

“My life has been very busy; with school that is,” Adara spoke; answering George’s question. She bit the corner of her lip and looked down; forcing herself to hold back the tears that rimmed her eyes.

“Hogwarts isn’t the same as it once was now that Dumbledore is gone,” she continued, slowly regaining her composer.

"Nothing is the same anymore. That's why Fred and I decided to host the party that is going on down stairs; to remind people that there still is a little light in this darkening world," George replied then taking a slow sip of his tea.

"It will all be over soon," Adara expressed; desiring to reach out and grab George's hand, but pushed the thought away.

"I know," George replied; rubbing the back of his neck with his hand then drawing his attention to the snow falling outside the window above the kitchen sink.”Why are you here?”

Adara let out a long exhale a ran a hand through her long hair, “Draco told me I should come and I think everyone else planned it with him.”

All George did was chuckle and then an awkward silence lingered between the two as Adara sipped her tea. Distant screams reached George and Adara's ears and they both jerked their heads in the direction of the front door.

"Get down," George whispered to Adara. Both their wands were at hand.

The two watched in silence as the doorknob twisted and frantically flew open. Fred Weasley appeared in the doorway, red faced and breathing heavy.

"What's happening?" George asked while walking over to his panic-faced brother.

"Death Eaters," Fred breathed, "We have to go; Harry's in danger."

"Okay," George spoke; gathering his options. "You go on without me; I'll be right behind you."

"George," Fred replied in protest, quickly looking behind him at Adara.

"Go," George ushered, "I'll follow."

Giving up, Fred apparated, leaving Adara and George alone; the sound of footsteps growing closer.

"Grab my arm," George instructed Adara; who shook her head, breathing out the word, "No".

At first, George though her answer was directed towards himself until he realized Adara's gazed fixed upon something or someone behind him.

"Mr. Weasley," a cold voice called out from the doorway. George turned around; wand clenched tightly in his hand and met the gaze of Adara's uncle, Lucius Malfoy.

"Adara?" Lucius hissed; his grip held tightly onto the cane in his right hand.

George felt Adara at his side; both were ready.

"Why are you here?"

"I came to see George," Adara spoke; her voice radiated with confidence.

"You lied to me," Lucius growled; jaw clenched tight and wand extended towards George. "You told me you ended this...little fling the two of you shared."

"I thought so too, "Adara expressed; receiving a glance from George. "You will not hurt him, uncle."

"How dare you!" Lucius screamed; smacking Adara across the cheek. "How dare you betray your family! He is an enemy of the Dark Lord."

Adara stroked the side of cheek which burned from the abuse of her uncle.

“Get away from her,” George yelled; wand extended toward Lucius, who was glaring wickedly at his niece.

“Don’t expect a welcome at home,” Lucius hissed at Adara; ignoring George’s fury.

“And you,” Lucius snapped, jerking his head toward George; his voice dripped with malice. “I’ll deal with you the proper way.”

Seconds before Lucius could curse George, Adara screamed the spell, Stupefy, and watched her uncle fly across the room; landing immobilized on the ground.

“What are you doing?” George asked frantically to Adara; looking back at her then to her uncle’s body.

“I’m giving you a head start,” Adara spoke giving George a wink.

He stared at Adara with wide eyes, shaking his head; signally that he was not going to leave her here alone.

“Go,” Adara breathed, “I can handle him.”

George pulled her into a hug, which Adara didn’t hesitate to return.

“Be safe,” George whispered into her ear; taking in the way her hair smelt and the warmth of her body against his; he’d missed her terribly.

“You too,” Adara replied while pulling away and searching George’s eyes.

“Set protective charms around the house just in case there are more Death Eaters here,” George ordered before apparating; leaving Adara alone with her stunned uncle.
♠ ♠ ♠
ATTENTION READERS:

I am going to be posting my second Harry Potter fan-fiction titled, Contort. I only have eight chapters done so far and I'm suffering with the case of writer's block. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in co-writing the rest of the story with me? For anyone interested, please read the first eight chapters, message me your opinions, and ideas for the story. I will chose the author that has a style of writing I believe will best benefit the story. Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you soon!