Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

THIRTY-THREE

George let out a yawn and leisurely placed the ceramic mug in his hand up to his lips. A delighted grin swept its way across his cheeks as he watched his mother, Molly, and Adara scurry about the kitchen in front him of; laughing and talking like they’d been childhood friends.

George cocked an eyebrow as his attention locked onto his mother, who beamed from ear to ear; whispering a secret to Adara. Adara stole a quick glance from George and then looked back at Molly Weasley.

“Oh, that would be quite a treat,” Adara said between giggles and playfully looking toward George to heighten the curiosity she knew was building up inside him.

“I’ll go get them then,” Molly responded before she strode out of the kitchen.

Nonchalantly, Adara strode to table which George sat at; making it a point to not meet eye contact. After claiming a seat, she took a sip of her coffee at hand and crossed her legs; left over right.

Adara heard George cough beside her and she removed her lips from the rim of the mug. She moved her eyes to meet George’s while a sly smirk slithered upon her lips.

“So,” George spoke while giving his long arms a stretch as he studied Adara’s face.

“Yes?” Adara acknowledged and then draped her dark, curly hair over her left shoulder.

“What was that about?”

Adara perched her lips and took a slow sip of her hot coffee; her sapphire eyes locking onto George’s from behind the mug.

Suddenly, Molly bustled into the kitchen with a burgundy photo album tucked under her arm. George's eyes widened as his mother set the large binder upon the dining table.

"Mom," George groaned as he rested his arms behind his head. "Are we really going to do this?"

"Oh, be quiet, dear," Molly replied as she took a seat next to Adara, who discreetly winked at George.

"Here we are," Molly added as she flipped through the lament covered pages in front of her.

Adara scooted her wicker chair closer to George's mother and her eyes glistened with amusement as they met the pictures on the page before her.

"This was George and Fred's second Christmas," Molly narrated while smiling down at the moving photographs. "The two of them believed that each present was for them."

Adara laughed as she watched the two year old, bowlegged twins eagerly and without coordination open their Christmas gifts.

"George, you were adorable when you were little," Adara cooed as Molly showed her more photographs.

“And what about now?” George teased as placed his elbows on the table and rested his chin on his hands; humorously batting his eyelashes.

Adara titled her head to the side, studied George’s face, and jokingly shook her head, “No.”

George’s mouth opened slightly in surprise and he narrowed his eyes at Adara; struggling not to smile.

“This one is my favorite,” Molly chimed in; not acknowledging Adara and George’s conversation.

While Molly pointed to a photograph at the far left corner of the album, Adara’s gaze met the chocolate covered faces of two red haired young boys. Both children were grinning from ear to ear; looking as if they each withheld a secret.

“To this day, the mystery of who ate the chocolate pie still remains,” George announced while that boyish grin Adara had become so fond of tickled his cheeks.

Molly Weasley and Adara let out a laugh; both rolling their eyes.

“I’m sure your parents didn’t catch sight of the dessert that’s filling your hands, George.” Adara exaggerated while sending him a loving glance.

"I'm their own mother and I can't tell Fred and George apart as easily as you can, Adara," Molly expressed while tucking a strand of her own fiery hair behind her ear. "The only way I could tell the two apart as children was because George had this little piece of hair that would always stand straight up on the peak of his head."

Adara suppressed another laugh and eyed George, who sat with his arms folded across his chest; glaring at his mother.

"Thank you for showing me these, Molly," Adara spoke as the photo album closed in front of her.

"It's not a trouble, dear," Molly responded; giving her son a wink and smiling at Adara. "Will you be staying for Bill and Fleur's wedding?"

"I'm not sure if I can," Adara answered before letting out a yawn. "I have to get back to Hogwarts tomorrow."

"You shouldn't go back; it isn't safe to leave here," George spoke out of concern.

"I will talk with the Order, I'm certain we can arrange a safe way of transportation," Molly expressed as she rose from her seat. "But I must insist that you stay the night here, Adara."

An expression of happiness greeted George's face as he heard his mother's words. Adara politely agreed to Mrs. Weasley's offer and watched the woman scurry out of the kitchen entryway; saying she was going to prepare Adara's room.

"Your mother is a remarkable woman, George," Adara complimented while, out of her peripherals, she watched George rise from his seat then walk behind her. Adara felt two strong hands rest on her shoulders and a chin on top of her head.

"I agree," was all George answered before kissing the top of Adara's head and making his way into the kitchen.

Adara followed George and leaned against the island in the middle of the room.

“What happened between you and your uncle when I left?” George blurted out. He was referring to the incident when the Death Eaters stormed his shop, Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes.

Adara swallowed hard; she’d nearly forgotten about her encounter with Lucius. She ran her fingers through the fringe in her face; gently pushing it back. Her attention averted from George to the two figures that walked in the room. Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley casually approached them and George let out a low sigh.

“How are you feeling, George?” Hermione asked; referring to George’s ear.

“I can’t even tell that my ear is gone,” George answered; the truth of the matter caused himself to laugh. “The only part I don’t like is this blasted gauze they wrapped around my head, it’s itchy.”

Adara smiled to herself as the group laughed together, she loved how George always found the light of humor in any dark situation.

“How are you doing, Adara?” Hermione asked; sending her a warm grin.

“Very well,” Adara expressed; trying to make the smile on her lips seem less forced. She felt George grasp her hand beside her and she looked up at him.

“It’s great to have you back here,” Ron awkwardly spoke as he cleared his throat.

“It’s good to be back,” Adara responded; feeling George’s thumb stroke the side of her hand.

“Everything is ready for you, Adara,” Molly Weasley announced as she walked through the doorway of the kitchen.

"You are staying?" Hermione asked while glancing over at Adara.

"Just for the night," Adara answered, "Thank you, Molly."

"You're welcome," Molly spoke as she flicked her wand to charm the mound of dirty dishes that filled the chrome sink beside her to bathe themselves. "George, would you show Adara to her room?"

"Yes, I will," George answered then looked down at the bright-eyed young women standing beside him. "Come with me, mademoiselle."

Adara strolled behind George as the couple ascended the staircase. George led her to a room at the far end of the hallway and opened the door. It was a cozy living space with a small fireplace that roared in back corner of the room; two brown leather chairs were placed before it. A bed which was blanketed with various quilts and abundant pillows rested itself along the back wall in front of the entryway. Matching end tables sat on opposite sides of the bed; each adorned with a Victorian inspired lamp.

Adara glided into the guest room and sat on the edge of the bed, watching George walk toward her. As their eyes met, Adara's heart soared; welcoming back the butterflies that fluttered in her stomach. George sat beside her and wrapped his arm around Adara's shoulders. Taking in his warmth, Adara rested her head on George, the two sat in silence for a brief moment.

"I have a meeting with the Order; will you be alright by yourself?" George spoke up; resting his head on top of Adara. He closed his eyes as the scent of her perfume tickled his nose.

"Yes," Adara answered while lifting her head up and watching George stand to his feet.

"I'll be back soon. There is a bathroom through that door there," George responded while pointing to the door on his left, "Mom left clean towels and such for you."

"Thank you," Adara expressed as she stood to her feet.

"Anything for you, love," George answered; taking a step toward Adara and placing a kiss on her forehead before he left.

Image


Adara decided to spend her time alone by taking a bath. She let the steamy water run beside her as she undressed and poured a splash of bubble bath within the tub. Adara watched the mountain of vanilla scented bubbles rise before she stepped into the warmth of the water. Letting out a sigh, Adara closed her eyes and buried herself beneath the blanket of bubbles on top of her. Moments pasted in relaxation and Adara began to lather her hair in lavender scented shampoo. The fragrance of the soap lingered within the small bathroom as Adara dried off and dressed in a pair of pajamas that were left out for her on the counter. She scrunched her damp hair with her hands and strode back into the bedroom.

Adara flipped open the comforter on the bed and eagerly snuggled inside. The tranquil silence that filled room was soon interrupted by a knock.

"Come in," Adara called out and pushed herself up from beneath the mound of blankets. Her attention locked on to a head of red hair that poked itself through the crack of the doorway.

"I brought hot chocolate," George Weasley announced in a sing-song voice; both of his hands clenched a mug with marshmallows billowing from the top.

Adara thanked George as he handed her the hot beverage and then she patted the spot next to her on the bed; welcoming George to join her.

As George snuggled next to Adara, who sat peacefully beside him, he spoke: "You didn't answer my question."

"What question?" Adara responded as she leaned over and set her cup of hot chocolate on the end table next to her.

"How things went with you and Lucius."

"Oh, that," Adara replied, a weak laugh escaped her lips. "I was doing to move out at the end of term anyway."

George's eyes widened and his lips frowned, "Adara."

"Lucius would have never said what he did if it wasn't because of the dark lord; my family has changed, George," Adara continued while shifting herself closer to George and leaning back on the pillows behind her.

"You will always have a home with me," George responded; caressing the side of Adara's face and then intertwining his hand with hers. George's gesture gave Adara's goose bumps and warmed her heart. She loved the man that lay beside her.

"May I ask you something else?" George spoke up as he rested on his side; his head on his hand and elbow resting on the pillows beneath it.

"Anything," Adara breathed; drowning in George's gaze.

"How is it that you are not following the footsteps of the rest of your family?"

"I often wonder that myself, but you must know that it was never asked of me; Why? I do not know for certain, but my aunt and uncle might have something to do with it," Adara answered; causally looking over at the bandage over George's ear. "Although I do not support Him like I used to."

George watched Adara in silence; he brought his hand to hers and glided his fingertips across the palm of her hand.

"I've watched my family become twisted in fear because of the dark lord's way, but I believe it will soon be over; this war is drawing to a close."

"And what a fine day that will be," George responded while kissing Adara on the cheek.

She blushed and buried her head against George chest. He began to stroke the back of her hair before he spoke again, "How is it that after all this time I can still make you blush?"

"It must be that Weasley charm," Adara replied; looking back up at George. She placed a hand to his face and brought her lips to his in a passionate kiss. The two slowly parted; lips still touching and Adara wrapped her arms around George's neck.

"Let's not get too carried away, love," George breathed as he tenderly kissed Adara's cheek and glided his hand across Adara's arm.

Adara's cheeks flushed pink once more and she pulled away from George; laying back on the pillows behind her.

"I love you," George lulled; his adoration for Adara spilt over each word he'd spoken.

"I love you, George," Adara expressed while poking the tip of his nose. A grin plastered itself on George's face and he reached down and picked up Adara's hand that was once resting itself on top of his. George kissed the back of Adara's hand and bid her goodnight; mentioning that it was almost two in the morning.

Adara nestled herself into the place where George had been previously laying; the fragrance of his cologne lingered on the sheets and Adara closed her eyes; wishing he was still beside her. Time passed and Adara drifted off into a deep sleep.

The feeling of a shift of weight beside her on the bed caused Adara to wake; her eyes drearily fluttering open.

"What are you doing?" Adara groaned; letting out a yawn.

"I can't sleep, my ear is bugging me," George whispered his excuse. Adara felt George’s arms slink around her and pull her close to him.

“If you say so, George,” Adara teased, feeling his steady breathing against her back and the warmth of his breath waltz across her neck.

A faint grin crept upon Adara’s lips as she closed her eyes; finally knowing what’s its like to sleep in George’s arms.