Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

THIRTY-FOUR

“Lucius, what have you done?” Narcissa hissed as she looked at her husband through the reflection of their bathroom mirror. She smoothed a stick of red lipstick across her lips and watched Lucius adjust his blazer before answering.

“I have done exactly what I should have; Adara brought this upon her self,” Lucius spoke to his wife as he met her gaze in the mirror, “That foolish girl.”

“Adara is family, Lucius,” Narcissa spat, “You should not have thrown her out so easily.”

Narcissa turned to the side and faced her husband, who turned his head; meeting her glare for a brief moment.

“I am the head of this household, my actions will not be judged, Narcissa,” Lucius growled before storming out of their master bathroom.

Narcissa sighed to herself and leaned over the sink; titling her head down.

“Mother,” a voice called from behind. Narcissa looked up and saw the reflection of her son standing in the doorway. He was dressed in a simple navy button up shirt, black dress pants, and hair smoothed back across his head.

“Yes, Draco?” Narcissa responded as she turned to face her son.

“Is Adara here?” Draco asked as he stepped toward his mother, “I looked all over the house and I cannot find her.” His voice began to grow frantic.

“She is not here,” Narcissa breathed then rested a hand on her son’s shoulder. Draco crystal blue eyes scanned his mother’s.

“I’m responsible for this,” Draco gasped while tightly clenching his hands into a fist, “I took Adara out but did not return home with her; I couldn't find her after the attack on Diagon Alley.”

“You’ve done nothing wrong; it is not your fault, Draco.” Narcissa choked on her words; forcing back the tears that were tempted to fall from her eyes.

Draco’s icy blue eyes widened as the truth pummeled against him, “Father.”

Narcissa nodded her head and looked over Draco’s shoulder; her saddened eyes met the stern expression of her husband.

“Have lost your mind?” Draco screamed as he turned to face his father.

Lucius peered down at his son, who strode toward him; his face growing red in anger.

“Calm down, Draco,” he sneered; a smirk tugged at the left corner of Lucius’ lips. “Your emotions always get the best of you.”

Draco clenched his jaw tightly and his nostrils flared. His father had made the habit of reminding Draco of his inability to follow through on the orders of the Dark Lord when he was asked to murder Albus Dumbledore the year before.

“This is Adara we are talking about,” Draco growled; ignoring his father‘s statement, “Your brother’s daughter!”

“I know who she is, Draco,” Lucius spoke calmly as he looked over at his wife, who stood behind Draco; tears falling down her cheeks.

“Then why did you do it?” Narcissa questioned while stepping in front of her son and taking Lucius’ hands in her own.

“Her actions mock everything we have strived so hard for,” Lucius removed his gaze from Narcissa and swallowed hard.

“If the Dark Lord was to ever find out about that Adara was accompanying the enemy, we would all be put in danger; we are all safer this way, especially Adara,” Lucius regained his composer and clenched his jaw tight.

“That's a lie, father. We need her home," Draco spat.

"What your father speaks of is true, Draco," Narcissa expressed while glancing over at her son, who was staring draggers at Lucius.

"Then you need to tell Adara that,” Draco spoke up, “She deserves to know the reason for your actions weren‘t purely out of anger.”

“I am mad at her and highly disappointed, she can do so much better then a Weasley,” Lucius’ voice dripped with disgust. “I can’t believe she went crawling back.”

“No,” Draco growled under his breath and furrowed his brow.

“What did you say?”

“I’m the reason Adara was at Diagon Alley that night,” Draco confessed; his confidence returning.

Lucius stared at his son with uncertainty, “Draco.”

“Were you not tired of seeing Adara look miserable?”

“Listen to him, my dear,” Narcissa beckoned to her husband as she saw him turning to leave.

“She would have never admitted it but she was lost without George,” Draco continued while he scanned his father’s eyes; hoping to find an ounce of empathy. “I brought her back to him because after all she’s been through Adara deserves to be happy and with George, she is.”

Lucius narrowed his eyes at his son and perched his lips. Without speaking a word, he hardened his heart once more and left from the room.

Draco straightened his posture and glanced over at his mother, who ran her fingers through the side of his hair; attempting to comfort her son.

“You did well, Draco,” Narcissa cooed, “Your father will come around.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Share the love and COMMENT/REC! Plus, subscribe so you don't miss an update!

Don't forget to check out, Contort.