Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

THIRTY-SIX

"You must be Adara Malfoy," the newly wed William Weasley spoke as he approached the glowing young woman, who was pouring a ladle of punch into her crystal goblet.

"You're correct," Adara answered back with a grin then reached out and shook the gentleman's hand. "This is such a beautiful wedding."

A half-grin pulled at Bill's scar lined cheek as he peered over his right shoulder; gazing at his bride, Fleur, who was dancing with, Gabrielle, her little sister, "My wife makes it beautiful."

Adara felt two arms slink around her waist from behind and George's cologne betrothed her senses; she smiled.

"My brother's conversation isn't boring you to tears, is it, love?" George teased as Adara placed her hands on top of his which were clasped around her waist.

"Not at all," Adara replied as William raised an eyebrow at his brother.

"My conversations are most exhilarating," Bill boasted, "But Adara has failed to witness such dialogue because we were interrupted before receiving a chance to begin," he expressed, sending Adara a wink.

"Don't you have a bride to dance with?" George asked. Adara knew he was smiling.

"That I do," the groom beamed, "Adara it was lovely to meet you. Treat her well, George."

“It was nice to meet you too,” Adara responded as Bill sent her another warm Weasley smile and strode across the venue. She watched him snatch Fleur away from her previous dance partner and into his arms.

“You look beautiful,” George whispered into Adara’s ear as the two began to sway to the music; still in their previous position.

“Thank you, its Ginny’s dress.

“I like it better on you,” George kissed Adara’s cheek. “Let’s get out of here, it’s too crowded.”

“Okay,” Adara whispered her reply; her back faced away from the wedding party and George’s hand found her own.

The couple strode towards the Burrow and Adara stopped in her tracks.

“What’s the matter?” George questioned.

“I love this song,” Adara smiled to herself and looked up at the man standing next to her, “Dance with me.”

“It would be my pleasure,” George responded with a gleam in his hazel eyes. He led Adara off the path to the house and onto the grass.

“I’m going to marry you some day, Adara Rose,” George spoke quietly as he danced with her in his arms.

Adara’s heart clenched and she looked up at George, who gazed down at her lovingly.

“I want nothing more then to be your wife,” Adara expressed. The wind danced through her dark, curly hair.

A grin broke out on George's face, "I can see it now; twelve children, a big house, and a yard so big that we can have our own Quidditch field."

Adara laughed and the song in the distance melted into a new tune, "Twelve children?"

"It's just enough," George said with a wink as he escorted Adara into the warmth of his family's home. "I want a big family."

"We'll discuss that when the time comes," Adara expressed as a seductive smirk played across her lips and she brushed past George while making her way to the staircase.

George's stomach twisted in a knot at Adara's gesture. His pulse quickened. He watched her delicate frame glide away from him and disappear up the stairs.

"George, come up here" Adara called from the floor above; George regained his composer and obeyed.

"How did my entire luggage get here?" Adara asked as George ascended the last step of the staircase and walked into the long hallway where Adara was standing, staring at her possessions.

"Go look in your room, there is another surprise," George ordered; smiling like mad.

"You didn't!" Adara squealed happily as a grin broke out upon her face and she sped towards her room.

"Hello love," Draco Malfoy greeted his cousin as she collided into him in a hug.

“It’s so good to see you,” Adara beamed as she broke apart from the embrace. She turned to face George and her heart melted.

“Thank you.”

George gave her a slight nod; his eyes gleamed bright as he watched Adara hug Draco once more.

Adara wiped away a tear that fell from her eyes and laughed, “This is too great, I’ve missed you so much.”

“We miss you too,” Draco whispered and Adara’s face fell. “All of us.”

“Your father wants nothing to do with me,” Adara felt George’s presence behind her.

“Mother and I have been begging him to reconsider, we are doing everything we can, Adara,” Draco expressed as he ran his fingers through his blond hair.

“I don’t want his blessing to come out of force, Draco,” Adara spoke while looking into his icy blue eyes.

Draco’s left arm twitched slightly and his eyes grew wide in horror. Distant screams were heard from outside and Draco darted to the window. A flash of light from the outdoors illuminated his face and he quickly shut the curtains.

George muttered beside Adara and the light that filled the room vanished. A loud bang was heard in the distance and Adara shuddered.

“What’s happening?” Adara’s voice cracked and she frantically looked up at George, who was staring at Draco. Adara could see the fear in his eyes.

“Death Eaters,” Draco breathed, his silhouette drew closer. Adara saw his jaw twitch.

Terror.

“Get Adara to the Portkey.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for all the comments! :)