Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

THIRTY-NINE

"Thank you for bringing me back here," George Weasley spoke to Adara as he leaned against the door frame of his bed room. She was dressed in a pair of his pajamas and pulling a pair of his socks over her small feet.

A smile teased George's lips as he watched Adara look over at him. The moonlight creeping through the window's curtains danced across her face; high-lighting her beauty. He wished he could marry her right then and there so she could be all his.

"You're welcome," Adara replied as she strolled toward him. His tee shirt she was wearing draped loosely across her small frame and she tugged on the left sleeve that kept slipping off her shoulder. "All you needed was a little push."

"Plus, I'm sure the family is happy to have me gone," George shrugged, "All mom's slip-ups of calling me Fred were beginning to take a toll."

"Don't talk like that," Adara instructed; she stood on her tip toes and pecked George on the lips. "Your family loves you."

That boyish grin of his crept its way across George's face and he wrapped his arms around Adara's waist.

"My family loves you, Miss Malfoy. They are so grateful for your help."

"It was the least I could do, George. I love each of them so much." Adara expressed as she felt George pull her closer to him.

"Hopefully, you love one of them more than the others," he whispered, the warmth of his breath left Adara with chills.

"Oh yes, of course," Adara lulled, "I am quite smitten with one of the Weasley boys." She glided a finger across George's jaw. He watched her intensively.

"That Percy is one of a kind," Adara couldn't prevent a giggle from escaping her lips as she spoke. She placed two fingers up to her smirking lips. George narrowed his eyes at her and gave a crooked grin.

"Leaving me for my older brother, eh?" George asked, deciding to play along.

"I'm afraid so," Adara eyed him seductively as she passed throught the doorway.

"The least you could give me are your reasons, love," George huffed while turning to face Adara. He stuck his hands into his jacket pockets and continued to lean against the door frame.

"There is just something about the way he carries himself; so refined," Adara spoke, loving the amused expression on George's face. "And the way he speaks," she exaggerated a sigh, "It's so dignified and commanding."

George couldn't contain it any longer, he allowed a roaring laugh to leave his lips and continued to watch Adara's impressive act. She sent him a subtle wink and bit her bottom lip.

"This is quite tragic on my account," George confided while Adara's eyes became affixed on him.

"How is that so?" she questioned, a whimsical smile flourished her lips and Adara watched George excuse him from the room and walk into his own.

George's heart pounded so loudly against his chest that it constricted his breathing and left him deaf to the world. He fumbled through his dresser drawer until he found what he was looking for. He'd been saving this gift for another time, but the moment he was caught in was too cleverly perfect to pass this opportunity.

He strode back into the sitting room where Adara was waiting; she was standing by the window, twirling a piece of her hair with a finger. For a moment, George believed he was going to lose it, but somehow he kept his composer. He loved her so much.

"You never finished your statement, George," the classic Malfoy smirk graced Adara's lips and she glided toward him. Oblivious to what George was about to do.

"It is tragic on my account because," George repeated, time froze as he stuck his hand into his jacket's pocket, clasping the possession inside, and stroking the box with his fingertips.

"Because I was going to ask you to marry me."

Adara's sapphire eyes widened as she watched George kneel on one knee, holding a black jewelry box in his hands. He was shaking.

"This wasn't how I intended to do this," George chuckled as his eyes began to water. He gazed up at the most beautiful women he'd ever laid eyes on. The woman who now held the fate of their future. One word would change everything.

"Adara Rose Malfoy," George breathed, adoring the name he'd spoken. Adara stood with her hands trembling at her sides and tears threatening to fall. "Getting to know you these past years has been an adventure I wouldn't trade for anything."

"After loosing Fred, I wasn't sure how I could go on. Then, you brought me back to life, showed me second chances, and loved me unconditionally. I couldn't see myself spending the rest of my life or even being content with anyone else," George's voice broke and a tear slipped down his cheek, "I want to be the one who grows old with you."

The answer to the question George was about to speak was screaming in Adara's mind. She'd never been so certain of anything before. She'd never felt more at home.
Forever can never be long enough for me

Feel like I've had long enough with you

Forget the world now we won't let them see

But there's one thing left to do...


"Adara, will you marry me and be my bride?"

At last the words were spoken. George slowly opened the box in his hands revealing the engagement ring he'd purchased for his, hopefully, soon-to-be, bride.

“Yes,” Adara breathed, shaking her head like mad. “Yes, I will marry you.”

The grin on George’s face seemed to have etched itself permanently upon his lips. He gently grasped her hand as he slid the ring upon her finger. Adara stared at the beautiful piece of jewelry that wrapped itself around her finger and she smiled. Before George could rise and sweep Adara off her feet, she knelt on her knees in front of George. Her eyes locked onto his own.

“I would marry you today and the next day and the next,” Adara expressed as her vision blurred with tears. She cupped George’s face in her hands, “I will never leave your side.”

George brought his hand up to Adara’s and let his finger glide upon the ring on her hand.

“Kiss me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Eeeeeep!! :D

Song credit: Marry me by Train