Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

FOURTY-TWO

"Fred and I always joked about how we'd be the best man at each other's wedding." George rested his back against the armrest of the couch before he continued, "We planned to do a lot of things; now they will never happen." He looked back over at the box of Fred's possessions that Rachelle had brought and closed his eyes tightly. As if that pressure would, in some way, shut down the ache that burdened his heart.

Adara watched a grave expression carve itself upon George's face. The two sat in silence as Adara pondered; searching for words of comfort, but none came. Instead, she made her way closer to George and leaned back against his chest. She felt his arms wrap around her stomach and she placed her hands on top of his.

"Fred wouldn't want you to feel this way," Adara's hushed voice spoke. She glided her fingers across George's, waiting for him to reply.

"I know, I just wish he could be here for this," George sighed, "I wish I could just talk to him."

"You have me, George. Don't forget that," Adara comforted while bringing his hand up to her lips and kissing it gently.

"And I'm so glad to have you," George loving expressed. Though Adara couldn't see his face, she knew her words had put a smile upon it.

"Let's have the wedding at the Burrow."

George grew silent.

"I'm sure Fred would have liked that."

"Thank you, Adara."

3 months later…


“I’d say that was a successful first day,” George spoke as he strode into the newest addition to his joke shop. Adara’s potion shop, High Jinx.

He smiled at his future bride, who was standing on her tip toes, trying to restock the shelves above her.

“Here, let me help,” George insisted as he swiped the rest of Adara’s merchandise away and placed them upon the high shelves with ease.

Adara grunted beside him and placed her hands upon her hips, “I could have done that.”

“I’ll be sure to buy you a stool,” George teased his hot-headed fiancé.

“Very funny, George,” Adara rolled her eyes and caught George’s contagious smile.

“I think we make a good team,” Georg beamed from ear to ear continuing to look at the shelves lined with sparkling vials of potions.

“We really do,” Adara agreed, “I don’t think I could have done this without you. I was beginning to think I was losing my sanity half way through the day when I started running out of products,” Adara spoke quickly, nearly running out of breath.

“You did marvelous, my dear,” George cooed as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders, “The shock will go way with time.”

"Was my day today like yours when you and Fred first opened the joke shop?" Adara asked as she looked up at George, their gaze locked for a moment and a half-smile tugged at her cheek. George had that look in his eyes again.

"Very much so," George answered, "I didn't think I could sweat so much."

Laughter broke out of Adara's lips and she rested her head onto George's shoulder.

"We need to leave," George expressed as he looked at the watch on his wrist, "Narcissa might explode if we're late again."

Adara groaned beside him, causing George to chuckle, "Just think, in six months all this planning will be over."

"And I'll be walking down the aisle," Adara looked up at her groom and smiled widely, revealing her pearly white teeth.

George's heart rose up to this throat, he looked down at the women beside him and tilted her chin up. Her gaze meeting his. The two shared a kiss. Romantic. Gentle. Pure.

"Then you will be my bride," George whispered as he slowly parted his lips from Adara's. Their foreheads touching.

"And you will be my husband," A smile graced Adara's lips and she began to grow impatient. She wished she could marry the man standing before her that very second.

"We're late," George weakly chuckled.

Image


"I finished sending the last of the invitations this morning," Narcissa spoke from her seat across fromAdara and George at the dining room table in Malfoy Manor.

The table was blanketed in wedding portfolios, pictures of wedding cakes and dresses, and color swatches. Adara and George had finished a majority of planning within the past three months. The bridesmaid dresses and wedding cake had been chosen. Molly Weasley had agreed to cooking dinner for the wedding reception, it wouldn't be a monumental task because George and Adara both wanted to have a small wedding. Just close family and friends were invited. Adara had decided on a wedding dress a few weeks before, she was just waiting for her next appointment to make the alterations.

"Narcissa," George spoke up, "Thank you for doing all of this."

A warm smile greeted Narcissa Malfoy's face and she gazed back and forth at the couple in front of her. "It's not a trouble, my dear. I want you and Adara to have the best wedding possible."

"And you're doing a lovely job," Adara complimented, "It means a lot to both of us." She clenched George's hand tighter, feeling a wave of sadness come over her as the image of her mother reeled through her mind. She quickly pushed the thought to the side.

"We'd like to have the wedding at George's home," Adara blurted out, half expecting to be scolded for such a desire.

That very moment, as Adara spoke, her uncle Lucius glided into the room with a copy of The Daily Prophet at hand. His eyes narrowed as he met Adara's gaze. He had yet to approve of the fact that Adara was marrying George. Lucius' heart was still bitter toward the Weasley family.

"Uncle," Adara called out, half-rising from her chair as she watched Lucius turn to leave.

"I'll talk to him," George whispered and Adara's eyes widened. "Don't persuade me otherwise, Adara.

Adara watched George leave the room and she glanced over at her aunt, a glimmer of fear shown in her eyes.

"Lucius!"

Lucius Malfoy stopped in mid-step on the staircase and peered down at George Weasley, who was striding after him. Lucius exhaled, knowing the conversation that was going to take place.

"Lucius, we need to talk," George expressed as calmly as he could. There was no denying that George was semi-afraid of Mr. Malfoy.

"Very well," Lucius spoke coldly and continued ascending the stairs. George followed quietly behind, inwardly trying to settle his nerves. Lucius lead George outside the door of his study and strode inside.

"Sit down," Lucius ordered in a tone too quiet for his liking and shut the door behind him.

George took a seat on a cold leather chair facing a highly raised writing desk. He faintly smiled at the picture of a young Adara and Draco that rested atop the desk. The two were wearing dress robes, beaming from ear to ear, and standing beside the Hogwarts Express. George assumed it was taken on their first year at Hogwarts. The same year George stole Adara's letter in the owlery. His smile grew.

"I assume you are wishing to talk to me about my niece," Lucius' words slithered from his tongue and he sat in the chair behind his desk, facing George.

"Yes, sir," George swallowed; the air around him grew cold.

"Go on," Lucius hissed, obviously enjoying the nervous look was plastered on George's face.

"Have I done anything to offend you sir?"

Lucius snorted, "I can think of a few things."

George clenched his fists, not wanting to hear an insult about his family. Though, it never came.

"Adara adores you, I can see it in her eyes," George continued, "And I can't stand the pain that comes along with it."

Lucius Malfoy tensed in his seat and met eye contact with George, the man engaged to his brother's daughter.

"Do you not understand how much your bitterness hurts her?" George's confidence returned. "I don't mean any disrespect, sir," he quickly covered for his rudeness. "It's just; I want Adara to have you walk her down the aisle."

Lucius' expression softened, he began to believe that Adara had made a good choice. There was more to this man than he'd assumed.

"Adara and I need to know that you're going to be there through it all," George continued, not giving Lucius a chance to speak. "She needs to know that you support her and that we have your blessing."

"You really love her don't you?" Lucius finally spoke, a half-smile pulled at his cheek. George almost sounded as much of a hopeless romantic as his brother, Nathaniel, did.

"I'm madly in love with Adara," George expressed, his stomach knotted at the thought of her.

Both of their head's turned when a knock was heard from the outside of the door.

“Come in,” Lucius called out, he clasped his hands together and leaned forward.

George’s gaze met sapphire as Adara stepped into the study. She faintly smiled at her fiancé and strode toward the open seat beside him.

“You’ve come just in time,” Lucius smirked.

Adara sent a questioning glace to George and he grasped her hand in reply.

“I was just about to give George my blessing.”

The air in the room grew thick and Adara’s eyes widened. She quickly jumped to her feet and sped toward her uncle. She threw her arms around his neck and tightly embraced him.

Adara spoke a thousand words of, “Thank you,” into her uncle’s ears and gently kissed his cheek before pulling away. Taking a step back she bumped into George, not knowing he was standing behind her. Adara took one step to the side and watched the scene unfold.

The charming grin that Adara had fallen in love with gifted George’s cheeks. Lucius stood from his chair and George held out his hand, offering Lucius to take it.

Lucius shook his head and pulled George into a hug.

“Welcome to the family, George.”

Adara’s jaw dropped and formed into a smile. Her eyes began to water as she watched her uncle and George.

Both men pulled away and George turned his head toward Adara. She squealed with delight as he scooped her up in his strong arms and spun her around in a tight hug. After gifting her with a quick kiss, he turned back to face Lucius.

“Thank you.”

George and Adara strode back into the dining hall, arms linked, and a dreamy gaze shown upon both of their faces.

“What happened?” Narcissa questioned, she still sat where Adara and George had left her.

“Lucius gave us his blessing,” Adara answered, still staring up at George.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)