Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

FOURTY-THREE

6 months later…

"You're bloody joking," Adara repeated frantically as she paced the kitchen floor of the Burrow. Being the combination of stressed, anxious, and drained. Adara formed herself into an emotional time bomb, slowly ticking away until the next calamity -where she'd detonate. It was a week until the wedding. The home stretch.

"This should have been done months ago," the flustered bride continued to pace, but letting herself pause to glance out the window.

Adara just found out that George and her cousin, Draco were out buying their tuxedos for the wedding. Cliché.

"We're home," George voice rung from the next room. Adara's head jerked toward Rachelle, who was sitting at the dining table, playing a game of Wizard Chess. Rachelle suppressed a smirk when her eyes met the fiery gaze of Adara. She knew the argument that was about to take place.

"Hello," Adara sneered as she watched Draco and George step into the kitchen. Her hands on her hips and her blue eyes narrowed, the two men stopped when their eyes met her tensed frame.

"Are you alright?" George asked slowly. Bracing himself as he laid down the bag that carried his wedding attire.

"Do you know how much of a risk it is to buy your tuxedo now?" Adara snapped. Out of her peripherals, she watched Draco slink out of the room.

"They could need alterations and we don't have the time. We're getting married in a week!"

"And this is supposed to be a time for celebration," George growled back, taking several steps toward his fiancé. He saw her jaw tighten and her eyes removed their stare from his.

"You've done nothing but bark orders along with your aunt this past month, so I've been too busy running around doing every last demand you've issued," George continued, his voice rising with each word, "Today was the only day I had a chance to get my tuxedo." Pride stepped into the picture, removing any strand of understanding.

"Well, I apologize if any of this isn't living up to how you hoped. Weddings are hard work and every ounce of patience I had is now gone," Adara hissed, her eyes meeting George's once more. His face was reddening. A fight wasn't what he expected when he returned home.

"Then what do you want me to do?" George asked while throwing his arms up in the air.

Adara grew silent, her tightened expression not tempting to loosen.

"Do you want me to apologize?" George snarled while titling his head to the side, waiting for an answer. He hadn't noticed the tears forming in Adara's eyes due to his continuing outburst. Regret.

"You can be so stubborn, Adara," George scoffed, narrowing his eyes, and taking a step closer to her.

Adara turned her face away, beginning to feel embarrassed for making George angry.

"Great, now we're not talking?" George continued, his patience wearing thin.

"I'm sorry," he threw his apology at her; she knew he didn't mean a word of it. She didn't deserve it anyway. Not for the stress she'd put everyone, including herself, through.

Adara wasn’t sure why she stayed quiet. Why she didn’t fight back as she usually would. Maybe it was because George had never yelled at her this way before. Granted, they’d gotten into many fights but he’d never fought with her with such sarcasm in his voice.

She folded her arms across her chest, glanced down at the ground, and quietly sniffled. Adara walked past George, silent tears fell down her cheeks as she made her way to the staircase.

George ran his hands through his hair and he turned to watch Adara’s disappearing frame. He saw her hand rise up to her eye, wiping away a tear, as she turned to stride up the staircase.

“Idiot, you made her cry,” George mentally slapped himself.

Image


Adara prostrated herself along her bed in the Weasley’s guest room. Her arms were wrapped around a white, feathered pillow; her tears seeped through the fabric, leaving her cheek moist.

Hours had past and no word from George. She hadn’t expected him to chase after her. It was all her fault. Every time…it was her fault. She felt so ashamed and the tears began to fall harder. Her dark hair matted to her face. Traces of George’s cologne still lingered upon the pillow he’d slept on the night before causing Adara to clench the pillow tighter.

"Adara, dinner is ready," Molly Weasley poked her head into the room. Her eyes fell upon her future daughter-in-law and the smile that was once upon her face disappeared.

Adara felt weight shift beside her and a hand stroke her hair. A memory flashed before her eyes. A memory of when her mother had done the same to her. Stroked her hair as she cried. Adara had accidentally broken her mother's favorite tea cup. She didn't mean to trip.

"What happened, dear?" Mrs. Weasley continued to comfort.

Adara slowly sat up, turning herself to face Molly. She pulled away the hair that clung to her face and draped it over her shoulder. She sniffled back her tears before meeting her puffy-eyed gaze with Molly's.

"George and I fought," Adara's voice croaked.

"Oh, come here," Molly opened up her arms and Adara accepted the offer for a warm embrace.

"I remember when Arthur and I fought the day before our wedding," she reminisced as she rubbed Adara's back. "He lost my wedding ring."

A faint chuckle escaped Molly's lips and Adara pulled out of her embrace. Molly glanced down at the ring on her finger, touching it gently.

"I should have given my husband compassion instead of rage," Molly weakly shook her head. Remembering, she glanced up at Adara, whose tears had finally been put to rest. She was listening intensively.

"But if it wasn't for that fight, Arthur and I wouldn't have learned how to handle one another in a situation like that," Molly paused and a smile awakened on her lips. "Arthur ended up buying me another ring and proposing a second time," her eyes began to water at the memory. It played vividly through her mind.

A half-smile tugged at Adara's cheek, finding comfort in Mrs. Weasley's story.

"This will not be your last fight with George," Molly lectured, "But fights have a way of strengthening a marriage if dealt with properly."

Adara pondered Mrs. Weasley's wise words, not wanting to fight with her George ever again, but faced with that reality that she would.

"I've never seen a couple like you and George," Molly expressed, gently stroking Adara's cheek. Molly had become a mother figure in her life. "I've never witnessed a love so strong."

Adara bit her bottom lip and grinned, "Thank you, Molly."

"You're welcome, my dear," Molly's head turned toward the sound of a knock from outside the door. She sent Adara a wink and headed toward the door, meeting the face of her son, George. His eyes matched the same reddened undertone as Adara's. He'd been crying as well.

He smiled weakly at his mother and looked over her shoulder, meeting the gaze of his future bride. His heart sank at the frazzled sight of her. He felt guilty.

"I'll leave you two alone," Molly whispered as she slipped out of the room and shut the door behind her.

George sat on the edge of Adara's bed, his heart rested in his throat, preventing him from speaking. Adara placed herself behind George, resting on her knees; she brought her hands up to his tensed shoulders to massage them. George let his head hang toward the ground and he closed his eyes, already feeling forgiven. Adara brought her lips to his neck and kissed it gently, letting her hair fall over his shoulder. Adara pressed her body against George's back in a hug.

A wave of heat tingled his arms and George slowly turned his face toward his fiancé. “Say you forgive me, so I can kiss you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So many comments! You guys make me so happy! THANK YOU. :D

Also.. I will be announcing something in the next coming chapters, so be on the lookout for that ;)