Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

FOURTY-FIVE

Adara faced herself in a floor length mirror. Her mother's wedding gown[/url cascaded down her figure, fitting her body as if the dress was hand crafted with her in mind. And it was pigmented in the most pristine white. Adara turned to the side, monitoring her attire from every angle; desiring to look perfect. Today, after all, was her wedding day. She stared into the eyes of her reflection and in the stillness of the moment, she smiled. Today she was a bride. George Weasley's bride.

Image


George paced the floor his old bedroom in the Burrow. He occasionally shook his shoulders, in hope of removing the constant surge of nerves that coursed through his body. He couldn't eat; he couldn't sleep, or even think straight. His mind was affixed to one thing and one thing only. Adara. Adara. Adara. His best man and brother, Ron, stood at his side. Both men were adjusting their ties. One man was using every ounce of strength he had to remain standing.
You wear white and I'll wear out the words, "I love you," and "You're beautiful."


"Adara," Narcissa called out as she entered a spare bedroom in the Burrow that was now being used as a dressing room for the bride.

Narcissa watched her niece turn to face her, Adara had just finished applying the finishing touches to her make up. She was glowing. Radiant. In love. Narcissa sniffled back her tears that continually filled her eyes this day.

"George is waiting outside for the gift exchange."

Several days before the wedding, George and Adara shared the desire to exchange wedding presents with one another the day of their wedding but before the ceremony. How would they do this without seeing each other? They weren't sure that is, until Narcissa thought of a way.

Adara was led by her aunt onto the grounds of the Weasley's home. A warm rush of air kissed the bride's cheeks and its fragrance awakened the knowledge of the coming arrival of autumn. Adara used one hand to shield her eyes from any accidental glimpses of her groom and the other hand clenched the gathering fabric of her gown, hoping to prevent from tripping over its length.

George Weasley and Draco Malfoy waited on the opposite side of the house from where Narcissa and Adara were approaching. Both groups destinations were at the corner. Out of sight from one another, but still in arms reach. Just enough to swap gifts without giving away their appearance.

"Draco?" Narcissa questioned, "Is George ready?"

Adara's breath caught in her throat, caging the horde of butterflies that pestered her nerves. Knowing she was standing inches away from George, but couldn't see him was unbearable.

"Yes," Adara heard her cousin reply, the sound of his voice reached her ears in a muffled tone. Her heart was beating too loudly.

Getting caught in the moment and nearly forgetting; Adara removed her hand from her face. Her sparkling sapphire eyes met gray as her cousin, Draco, gazed upon her.

"Adara, you look stunning," the platinum blond breathed, a warm smile greeted his lips.
The bride blushed and returned a smile to Draco.

"Stop teasing me, Draco," Adara heard the shaking voice of her soon-to-be husband. She giggled.

George rested his back against his home. His pulse continued to quicken, which he didn't believe possible. He began to fear he might collapse.

"Hello, George," the soft voice of his bride greeted him from just around the corner. George's eyes glanced down at the ground where the fabric of Adara's wedding gown accidentally showed itself.

A nervous chuckle escaped George's lips. His usual charming demeanor had left him.

"My bride," were the words that nestled into Adara's ears. The anticipation built inside her. Thankfully, her knees buckled at the sound of George's softly spoken voice or she would have rounded the corner, and embraced her love; kissing him continually.

Narcissa and Draco watched the couple, keeping a distance for privacy, but making sure Adara and George couldn't see one another.

"This is for you," Adara spoke, her voice poured out smoothly, betraying her trembling figure.
She stretched her hand around the corner, revealing to George a long, rectangular, white [url=http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=50419015]box. Adara watched George's hand grip the present and her heart fluttered. For a moment she battled the desire to call out to her aunt Narcissa, begging to let her see George.

"And this is for you, Adara," George's words continued to be spoken softly with love laced over each letter.

Image


George sat upon a paisley embroidered chair in the vacant surrounding on his bedroom. He asked his family for a few minutes of solitude before he made his way to the alter. Tears glided down his cheeks as he examined the wedding gift Adara had given him a few moments before.

In his hands he held leather bound photo album. It was simple with no decoration on the cover. Slowly he opened the book's contents to the first page where a picture himself and Adara had rested. He smiled as he watched the scene unfold in front of him. Adara was still staying at the Burrow and one morning they had awoken to snow. He caused himself to laugh as he remembered how excited she'd been, nearly tripping over her own feet as she stormed outside. They'd just had a snowball fight. He'd won. Of course. And Adara had stolen his wool hat. The one his mother had knitted from himself and Fred. He remembered how he came up and hugged her from behind, just as Hermione Granger stepped outside with the camera. This was the picture that was before him. The couple's cheeks were flushed from the cold winter air. His smile and Adara's couldn't have gotten any wider if they tried.
Who put the rainbow in the sky? Who lights the stars at night? Who dreamt of someone so divine? Someone like you and made them mine.


He turned to the next page, expecting to see more photos; however, that wasn’t what he found. He found a letter. Their first letter. Each page held every letter he’d ever written to Adara. She’d saved them all...
Remember when I told you we are going to have twelve children, a big house, and a yard so big that we could have our own Quiddich field? Well, here’s a little something to get that dream started.

Yours, George.


Adara clenched in her hand the note George had written to go along with her wedding present. She smiled at the memory he’d brought back in writing and set the parchment beside her on the bed. Then, she picked up the small blue box that the note had previously lain in and lifted a piece of tissue paper that kept the rest of her gift hidden. Adara’s face drained and her finger traced the rim of a skeleton key before holding it in her hands.

“Oh my, he bought you a house,” the calm voice of Adara’s aunt Naomi caught her attention.

Adara turned her head to her aunt that strode toward her then sat beside her on the edge of the bed. Resting in Naomi’s lap was a circular hat box.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to intrude,” Naomi smiled. Her laugh lines creased around her lips and corners of her eyes.

“You’re not intruding,” Adara whispered, still in awe of George’s gift. He bought her a home. Their home.

“I have something for you,” Naomi expressed, resting her freshly manicured hands upon the lid of the box in her lap.

Adara eyed her aunt curiously as she raised the lid off the round container.

This is what it would be like if my mother was here.

From inside the box, Naomi pulled out a wedding veil Adara gasped at the elegant headpiece her aunt presented her with.

“This is my veil,” Naomi smiled, turning her head toward her niece. “And I’d like to give it to you.”

Adara placed two fingers to her lips, almost smudging her nude lip gloss.

“Are you sure?” the bride questioned, the veil appeared too beautiful to touch.

“I would love nothing more,” Naomi beamed as she rose from her seat. “Let me put it on you.”

Adara stood to her feet and glided to face the mirror. The train of her dress cascaded behind her.

“You look so much like your mother did on her wedding day,” Naomi expressed as she caressed the side of Adara’s arm. Both women stared at one another through their reflections.

“Blair would be so proud of you,” Naomi choked as she lifted the veil to the top of Adara’s head. The bride watched her aunt in silence, unable to speak.

Naomi gently adjusted the veil to cover Adara’s face. Glazed over sapphire eyes shown through the white meshing and Adara turned to face her aunt.

“Thank you,” she collided into Naomi in a warm embrace. “I am so glad you are here.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, I had to write the wedding in too parts or else it would have been really long. The ceremony is the next chapter! Comment please!"