Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

FOURTY-SIX

“Are you ready, George?” Arthur Weasley entered his son’s bedroom. The man was grinning like mad.

George faced his father. And both men stood in silence for a moment. Sharing unspoken words. Father and son. Arthur told himself he wouldn’t cry. Then, George clasped his hands together and felt a hand rest upon his shoulder. He looked to his left and caught the stare of his brother, Ronald. Bill Weasley was standing behind him and Percy to his right. The brother’s shared a smile.

“Let’s go get married,” Bill chimed in while slugging his brother, George, in the arm as he walked past.

Image


"You're welcome."

"What did I thank you for?" Adara questioned as she helped Rachelle zip up the back of her bridesmaid dress.

"George," Rachelle flattered herself. She pinned back a blond curl that fell beside her earlobe and smoothed out her blue dress.

Adara suppressed a laugh and sighed instead. She wrapped her arms around her childhood friend in a tight embrace.

"Thank you," the bride whispered before pulling away and spraying a wisp of her perfume to her wrists and neck. Vanilla scented.

"It's time, Adara," Deveny, announced from the doorway. Adara's cousins Vivian and Serena stood beside Rachelle and Ginny Weasley took up the rear. Each clenching their bouquets and modeling teary eyes.

Image


George Weasley stood at the altar, waiting for his bride.

The wedding tent he was to be married in was decorated in rich shades of champagne and teal. The wedding color scheme Adara had chosen. He faced several rows of white cushioned chairs. Half of the room was occupied by his family and friends. Half of the room held Adara's relatives and close friends. But George paid no attention to the guests. Or his brothers and Draco Malfoy that stood in a diagonal line beside him, each cracking wedding jokes to make George, somehow, even more nervous. His palms were sweaty and the tented space he was in seemed to be roasting his skin. His hazel eyes were glued to the center aisle which was adorned with a white laced runner and rose petals.

Now that the wait is over and love as surely shown her my way. Marry me, today and everyday.


Adara waited behind a royal blue curtain that separated her from the wedding scene just beyond. At this moment, her bridesmaids were slowly strolling down the center aisle and taking their places beside the alter. Soon it would be her turn. Soon she’d be reunited with George. A man cleared his throat behind Adara and she turned, her cheek gently grazed against her veil.

“May I walk you down the aisle?” Lucius Malfoy asked as he held out his arm for his niece to take.

Adara’s heart slowed down and a quivering smile met her lips.

“You make a beautiful bride, my dear,” her uncle whispered into her ears as he linked his arm with hers. Rachelle was now making her decent down the aisle. Adara was next.

“Thank you, uncle,” Adara whispered, sniffling back her tears. She clenched his arm tightly the musicians began to play The First Waltz - Ilan Eshkeri, a famous muggle composer.

“It’s time,” Lucius whispered in Adara’s ear.

The world grew still was the curtain lifted. Adara didn’t take in the lavish and elegant décor of her wedding. She didn’t send a warm smile to greet her family and friends that watched her glide down the aisle beside her uncle. What she did do was stare. Stare at the man that waited for her; George, who was bright eyed with a smile that matched her own. Beaming from ear to ear and glowing.

She watched George’s lips mouth the words, “I love you.” With each step she took her heart swelled. With each breath she breathed she drifted. All was still around her as she made it to the foot of the wedding alter. Adara’s sapphire eyes latched onto the most handsome man she’d ever seen.

When you say you love me, the world goes still, so still inside.


"Who gives this women to this man?" the warm voice of the wedding minister asked. Adara glanced over at her uncle, who held a firm grip on her arm. Loud sniffling reached Adara's ears and she turned to look at her aunt Narcissa and Naomi, who were seated in the front row. The tears had begun so quickly.

"I do," Lucius Malfoy's deep voice expressed and he kissed Adara on the cheek. She watched him take a seat next to his wife, who clasped her groom's hand. Then, Adara's attention was grabbed by a familiar warmth gracing her side. She turned and met the eyes of George, who grasped her hand.

"Are you ready to marry me?" George teased; the warmth of his breath against her sent a flood of goose bumps over her body.

"With all of my heart," Adara whispered back as George took the few steps needed to reach the altar once more.

“Dear family and friends, on behalf of George Weasley and Adara Malfoy I welcome all of you for this marriage celebration,” the old minister’s voice greeted the crowd.

“George,” the wedding minister faced the groom, “the woman who stands by your side is going to be your wife. She will look to you for comfort, for support, for love, for understanding, for encouragement, and for protection. You must never take her for granted, and always stand by her for good or ill.”

Adara breathed in.

George turned his face toward Adara, pure sincerity filled his eyes. “Today in presence family and friends, I join my life with yours. Wherever you go, I will go. Whatever you face, I will face. For good times or bad times, in happiness or sadness, come riches or poverty, I take you as my wife.”

Tears fell across George’s face as he stared into the eyes of his bride.

You’re the one I’ve always thought of. You are where I belong.


The balding minister repeated the same words to Adara who, without hesitation, agreed.

"I will take you as my husband," Adara spoke softly, cherishing the truth in her words. Her
eyes melted with George's and her pulse quickened.

"George, since it is your intention to marry, join your right hands and declare your consent. Do you take Adara to be your lawful wedded wife to have and behold from this day on, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?" the minister bellowed out his well rehearsed vow. His green eyes fixed upon the groom, who turned to look down at his bride.

"I do," George firmly stated while a crooked grin grew upon his lips.

And this journey that we're on. How far we've come and I celebrate every moment. And when you say you love me, that's all you have to say. I'll always feel this way.


"Adara," the wedding minister broke her gaze from George, "Do you take George to be your lawful wedded husband, to have and behold from this day on, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?"

Adara bit the corner of lip that formed a smile, "I do."

George's jaw quivered and tears began to fall onto his cheeks. You're so beautiful.

The minister smiled at the couple, which was so deeply in love and spoke again, continuing the ceremony. "The wedding ring symbolizes unity, a circle unbroken, without beginning or end. And today Adara and George exchange these rings as confirmation of their vows to join their lives, to work at all times to create a life that is complete and unbroken, and to love each other without end. May you be blessed by these rings which you give to each other as the symbol of your love and fidelity."

George's gaze focused in on his best man, Ronald Weasley, who fumbled through his pockets. George began to believe that his brother had lost his wedding rings until he began to search the inside of his blazer and smiled. Ron stepped toward the soon-to-be husband and wife and placed a silver band in each of their hands.

“George, take this ring and place it on her finger, and state your pledge to her, repeating after me,” the minister spoke. George glued his eyes onto Adara as he held her left hand in his.

Then he repeated the words, “With this ring I thee wed. I offer you my hand and my heart as I know they will be safe with you. All that I am I give to you and all that I have I share with you.”

He gently slide the diamond adorned ring onto Adara’s finger and smiled. Soon. So soon would she be his.

Adara repeated the spoken words and gently slide George’s wedding ring upon his hand. Her eyes twinkling in excitement.

I never felt so alive until your world collided with mine. I never knew I could love someone, never knew I could feel so complete. I gave all I have for you…


“George and Adara, you have given and pledged your promises to each other, and have declared your everlasting love by exchanging the rings. Your vows may have been spoken in minutes, but your promises to each other will last until your last breath. As have pledged themselves to meet sorrow and happiness as one family before God and this community of friends, I now pronounce them husband and wife.”

George’s hands were already cupping Adara’s face. Adara’s heart pounded against her chest. This was it.

“You may kiss your bride.”

George brought his lips to Adara, who didn't hesitate to return the passion. The wedding party erupted in cheers. George and Adara slowly parted. Adara reached her hand to caresses the side of her husband’s face, wiping away a tear as she did so.

“I am so in love with you George Weasley.”

“Ladies and Gentlemen,” the minister cheered as George and Adara locked arms and faced the celebrating crowd. “I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.”

Image


The entire scene around them sparkled, maybe it was just the stars or even the paper lanterns that were aglow above the dance floor. Or, maybe, just maybe it was the bride and groom. The newly wedded couple was in the middle of the dance floor, surrounded by their friends and loved ones. Adara and George danced in each others arms, sharing secret conversation and melting kisses. Adara flung her head back in a laugh as George spun her quickly to the rhythm of the music and pulled her right back into his arms.

“I had forgotten how good of a dancer you are, George,” Adara complimented, watching George raise an eye brow.

“Forgotten?” He gasped, “How could anyone forget these moves?”

George pulled away from her, only for a moment, to crazily flail his arms around him,

“George,” Adara laughed loudly, “You're insane.”

“And you love me anyway,” he completed, taking her by the hand and slow dancing to the new song being played.

“Always,” Adara stood on her tip toes and poked his nose, receiving a boyish grin from her husband. Their heads turned toward laughter heard beside them. Adara smiled at the sight of her mother and father-in-law dancing happily together.

“So,” she continued while wrapping her arms around George, closing the small space between them. “you bought us a home.”

"I did," George slowly slid his hands down Adara's waist and rested them dangerously low on her hips, then brought his lips to her neck. “You know what that means don't you?”

“Hmm?” Adara asked as she closed her eyes, George's teasing kisses were becoming too much.

"We better had get started on those twelve children," he growled into her ear before kissing it, wanting to kiss her for much longer.

“Then what are we still doing here?” Adara winked and tugged on her husband's tie, receiving a nervous chuckle in reply.

“Yeah,” George swallowed, “I don't think we'll be missed,” he looked around the room as Adara pulled him by the arm.

Adara found it hard to control her excited giggling as she raced away with George from their own wedding reception. Her lips were still attached to George's as they made it away from the party and apparated.

“Oh, George,” Adara breathed as she stared at the outside of her new home. “It's perfect!”

George was watching her inventively, “I'm so glad you like it,” George pressed his forehead onto her own. “Mrs. Weasley.”

Adara's heart soared at the sound of her new name. “Mrs. Weasley,” she repeated, running her hand through George's red hair.

A smile charmed George's face as he took Adara's hand in his own and guided her onto the walkway. Adara's other hand was holding up the helm of her wedding gown. The emotion she felt in this moment laid heavily on her shoulders with each step she took toward their home. It finally happened. She was married.

The feeling of George's breath against her neck quickly pulled her out of her thoughts.“Are you ready for this, love?” He whispered into her ear from the right and slowly trailed his hand down her exposed back.

Adara's mind melted as her nerves began to take over. “Mhmm,” she bashfully nodded before George swooped her into his arms bridal style.

“I love you,” Adara cooed as she stroked the side of her husband's face. The way he looked back made her feel like a princess.

George carried Adara over the threshold of their front door and kicked it closed with his foot before flipping on the light switch.

“Now,” Adara expressed as George gently set her down. “This dress is beautiful.”

She kicked off her heels.

“But it's got to go, don't you think?” She teasingly unhooked a few bobby pins from her hair, letting her long dark curls fall haphazardly.

The look on George's face was priceless.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, friends. This is the end of Love Gone Mad. Thank you so much for tagging along with me! I hope you enjoyed it because I really do. Every comment is completely wonderful, you guys are the best. I also give credit to what inspired this story to an album called Love Gone Mad by Stars Go Dim. If you love love. Give is a listen.

A few chapters back I mentioned that I had a announcement, I have a SEQUEL to Love Gone Mad already up and ready. Click the link: ---- >> Anchor

Chapter song credit:

When You Say You Love Me - Josh Grobon
Galileo - Josh Grobon
Crazy - Stars Go Dim