Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

FIVE

Whack!

A feathered pillow pummeled onto George Weasley’s face. His once sleeping body jolted up in bed; his dreary eyes searching for the culprit.

“He lives!” Fred Weasley howled, throwing his arms up in the air.

George groaned and stretched his tired arms. A red lock of hair fell into his face as he looked over at his twin.

“But seriously,” Fred’s face dropped, “You sleep as if--”

“As if my life depended on it,” George finished his sentence, pushing his long hair out of his face and yawned.

Fred chuckled as he watched his twin stagger out of bed, “Come on mate, today’s the big day.” Fred reminded him while throwing him a shirt to put on.

George's eyes lit up and he quickly got dressed. The twins made their way down the hallway, down the staircase, and into the kitchen. Fred and George were greeted with simultaneous, “Good morning” greetings from their family as they sat down around the wooden table.

“Is everyone packed and ready?” Molly Weasley asked her children while she poured a cup of coffee for her husband.

“Thank you, dear,” Arthur Weasley told his wife while putting the hot beverage to his lips.

“Yes, mother, I finished packing this morning,” Ginny chimed before taking a serving of eggs and bacon from the skillet.

Ron grumbled something that sounded like "Yes," but no one could be too sure because his mouth was occupied by a large amount of food.

"Chew and swallow, Ronald,” George teased.

Ron glared at George and took a sip of his pumpkin juice.

“Fred, George?” Molly questioned while raising an eyebrow.

“Yes, mum,” the twins said in unison.

“We just have a few more supplies to pack,” Fred continued while winking at his partner in crime. George grinned.

“You two better not be up to something,” Molly scowled, narrowing her eyes at her troublesome sons.

“Mother, I am appalled,” Fred gasped, “When have George and I--"

"Ever given you a reason to doubt our business?” Fred and George asked in unison, fixing their gaze upon their mother who rolled her eyes.

Arthur chuckled at his sons’ comment from across the table.

"Arthur, do not encourage them," Molly spat.

"Fine, I suppose nothing I can say will stop the two of you," Molly surrendered.

"The post is here!"Ginny Weasley interrupted as she strode to the window.

The Weasley family watched, Errol, miss his target and soar head first into the closed window.

"Two for Dad; one for Ron and one for George," Ginny announced while passing out the letters to their owners.

George's eyes lit up as the white envelope was handed to him. He heard Ron snicker at him from across the table.

All eyes were on George. They knew. It was from her.

George quickly excused himself from the table and made his way up the stairs to the sanctuary of his room. George knew it wouldn't be long until his siblings would follow him; begging to read the note.

George shut the door behind him; a hopeless attempt to read in peace.

George sat on the edge of his bed, not taking his eyes of the paper in his hands. Slowly he opened the envelope; afraid he would somehow damage the contents inside. He pulled out the folded piece of parchment and read:
Hello, my dear friend,

Thank you so much for the licorice wand. It was delicious! You should know that I have trusted in you because not often would someone eat candy given to them by a stranger. Nothing bad has happened to me (yet) so I know the candy wasn't tampered with.

My birthday was quite enjoyable. Cake and presents, what's not to love?

My family is in an uproar about the new school year at Hogwarts too. I can't believe my sixth year has come this quickly.

I must be honest with you, my family and friends have been pestering me to finally meet you in person this year. Since it's your last year and we'll probably never get another chance any time soon. I can't deny that I'd love to meet you too. After all, we have known each other for almost six years.

See you soon (hopefully) ---

George smiled to himself and reread the letter. "I wish I knew her name," he thought.

George and Adara had agreed early on in their friendship that they wouldn't reveal their names, family names, Hogwarts house, or anything too personal. It was Adara's idea and George respected that, but even to this day, he doesn't understand her reasoning for it.

However, it did make their friendship a tad difficult.

"She wants to meet me," he breathed.

He sat on his bed in a stake of shock and mild panic. George heard whispering outside his door and he rolled his eyes.

"My family," he chuckled, "They couldn't understand the term 'privacy' if they wanted to," George thought to himself.

“We're coming in now,” Fred announced as he burst through the door with Ron and Ginny following quickly behind.

"So?" Ron asked with a wink; walking into the room. Fred eyed him suspiciously and Ginny just giggled at Ron's side.

"Nothing to report," George expressed; tucking the note from Adara in his jean pocket.

"Lies," Fred accused while grinning at his twin. He knew something had happened.

"You're all bloody relentless," George groaned a reclined onto his bed.

"She wants to meet me," George thought to himself again. He began to grow nervous.

Knowing George wouldn't give in to their demands easily, Ronald and Ginny left the bedroom shortly after their interrogation. Only Fred stayed. He eyed his twin curiously and sat beside him on the bed.

"George, what did she say?" Fred asked curiously.

"She wants to meet me," George blurted out while glancing at his brother.

"It's about time!" Fred cheered, but shut his mouth quickly when he saw an anxious look appear on George's face.

"10 sickles if it is Professor McGonagall," Fred joked trying to lighten the mood.

George rolled with laughter along with his brother.

"There is no way that I have been writing to a teacher all these years, besides, she said this was her sixth year at Hogwarts," George said self-satisfactorily, trying to catch his breath.

"I don't know; I'm still putting my bet on McGonagall," Fred winked and got up from the bed.

"Fred, George, you had better hurry. Mom and dad are outside waiting," Ginny said while sticking her head in the doorway.

“Yes, right,” Fred and George said in unison looking around their cluttered room from for their luggage.

“I presume all the arrangements are ready,” Fred asked as grabbed his luggage.

George answered with a boyish grin plastered on his face, “You presume correct, this is going to be a year to remember.”

Image


Two hours later George found himself sitting comfortably inside a compartment on the Hogwarts Express. Fred and Lee Jordan were at his side. The other seats were occupied by his brother Ron, Hermione Granger, Harry Potter, and Neville Longbottom.

The Hogwarts Tea Trolley appeared in the doorway and the group didn’t hesitate to buy enough sweets to last for the entire trip.

Fred nudged his brother George’s side as he watched Neville Longbottom open the Chocolate Frog candy he bought from the trolley. Once Neville opened the package the frog jumped on his face and exploded; leaving Neville’s face covered in melted chocolate. The whole compartment was in an uproar of laughter.

“I wonder who was responsible for that little trick,” Hermione sarcastically asked while closing the text book she had been previously reading. All eyes turned toward Fred and George.

“Why does everyone assume we are always guilty?” George questioned while looking over at his this brother, who wore a puzzled look on his face.

Hermione rolled her eyes.

"If it makes you feel better Neville, we charmed all the Chocolate frogs," Fred piped in; he couldn't help, but laugh.

"I should be used to it by now," Neville joked and left the compartment to clean the chocolate off his face.

"That's brilliant," Harry finally spoke as Neville closed the compartment door.

"We know," Fred and George said in one accord. "And it wasn't easy either."

When Neville returned, the group began to chat amongst themselves and George found himself drifting off into thoughts about...her.

The fact that she was on this train right now haunted him. George longed to meet her, but was scared out of his wits at the same time. He excused himself from the compartment, saying he was going to the restroom. He lied.

George took a seat on the floor of the hallway and pulled out the letter he's kept hidden in his pocket. Butterflies appeared in the pit of his stomach as he stared at her perfect handwriting. She always used purple ink. He smiled.

"I must be crazy," he thought to himself; trying to stomp away the butterflies that lingered inside him.

"I can't have feelings for a girl I've never met," he continued to battle with himself. George's thoughts were intruded by a voice, a very angry one to be exact.

"Get up, you're blocking the hallway," an impatience young lady spoke beside him.

He looked up to see who was talking to him; he met the furious glare of a Slytherin. But not just any Slytherin, this was Adara Malfoy. Along with her cousin Draco, she thought she owned the school. He rolled his eyes in protest.

"Did you not hear me? Get up," she ordered.

George ignored her and pulled himself back into his thoughts.

"How do you tell a girl you're falling for her?" George asked himself staring at the note in his hands, not realizing he spoke his thoughts aloud.

George blinked and became conscious what he'd done, "Oh, did I just say that out loud?" he asked.

"You Weasleys' are just a bunch of idiots," Adara scoffed.

George felt anger boil inside him and he stood to his feet. He had a strong desire to curse this woman for mocking his family until he looked into her piercing aqua eyes. George didn’t understand why her eyes ensnared him the way they did.

Losing every strand of patience, Adara pushed passed George and strode down the hallway. George’s eyes followed her frame the entire time. What had just happened stumped him. He placed the note back in his pockets and slid back into the compartment. George took his seat and tried to regain his composer; he didn’t want to be questioned on the length of his absence. He chatted with Fred and Lee about their prank ideas for the school year while Harry, Ron, and Neville discussed Quidditch. Hermione had lost herself in the pages of a book once again. Time passed and George felt the train slow to a stop and all the passengers began to flee from the Hogwarts Express.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/subscribe!

THANKS FOR READING!