Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

SEVEN

"Well, I guess this is goodbye," Deveny said, while looking at her two friends, Rachelle and Adara.

"I wish we had more classes together," Rachelle sighed, while hugging her school books to her chest.

"We can meet up in the common room and try to tackle some of the homework we received today," Adara suggested.

She received a chorus of shrugs in reply and then trio departed; each heading off to class.

Adara was partly delighted that her last class was her favorite; Potions.

And the other half of her was irritated; she has Potions with the Gryffindors.

"Tickets, please." Adara overheard two boys saying as she drew closer to the classroom.

"Um, tickets? I didn't know we needed one," a nervous, first year Slytherin boy stated.

"Oh, Snape, didn't give you the memo?" George Weasley asked the boy, "That will be four sickles," the twins said in unison.

"What are you two doing?" Adara sneered, while placing a hand on top of the Slytherin boy's shoulder, who was digging in his robes for the money he 'owed'.

"We're just taking the required admittance for Snape's class," Fred replied, he said it was if it was common knowledge.

"Now if you don't mind," George chimed in, "We need to finish up here," he continued and began to ask the approaching group of girls for their tickets.

Adara noticed that the twins let the Gryffindors' pass by free of charge, but they interrogated the Slytherin's'.

Adara pushed the twins out of the way and walked into the dimly lit classroom.

"Miss Malfoy," Adara heard someone call and she spun around.

"You forgot to show us your ticket," George asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

Adara stared at George for a moment, unsure if she would ignore him or curse him. Adara decided on the former and strode toward the empty seat next to Draco.

"What is the meaning of this?" a cold voice hissed from behind Fred and George. Professor Snape stepped forward in the doorway, awaiting his answer.

"Nothing, professor," the twins responded. Both of which sounded calm.

"It's just business," Fred Weasley smirked.

"40 points from Gryffindor and detention for lying Mr. Weasleys'," Snape hissed, glaring back and forth at them both.

"Yes, Professor," Fred and George shrugged while looking at one another.

"Now take your seats before I change my mind and suspend the two of you," Snape snarled, brushing past the two boys.

Snape strode to the front of the classroom; his black robe flowing behind him.

Adara watched Fred and George take their seats by Harry Potter and Hermione Granger and Snape began his lecture.
Image


"How was your first day, Draco?" Adara asked as the two stepped out of Snape's classroom. Draco didn't respond his mind seemed to be elsewhere.

"Are you ignoring me, Mr. Malfoy?" Adara teased, locking arms with her cousin.

Draco seemed to have snapped out of his daze, "Oh, I'm sorry, Adara. I just have a lot of my mind." Draco replied and continued to look straight ahead as they walked.

"I'll see you at dinner, there is something I must tend to," Draco said quickly and unlinked his arm from Adara's.

Adara searched his eyes; Draco was up to something, but before she could ask; he was gone. Adara shrugged off her concern and continued to make her way to the dungeons.

As she walked, Adara passed by Fred and George Weasley, who were leaning up against the wall, watching students walk by. They seemed pleased with their lazy state.

Adara stopped, turned on her heels, and headed back over to the twins. They both stared at Adara as she strode closer.

"I need to have a word with you," Adara demanded; referring to George. Fred shot a confused glance at his brother and George silently agreed.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" George hesitated to ask.

"I want to know why you winked at me in the Great Hall," Adara bluntly expressed while placing her hands on her hips.

George didn't seem surprised by her statement; Adara wondered why.

"Well," George began to say, "You were staring at me."
Adara couldn't help, but notice the charming smile that appeared on his lips. There were those damn butterflies again.

"Wha--, What? No I was not," Adara protested.

“Did I just stutter?” she thought to herself. A wave of embarrassment washed over her.

“Yes, you were,” George responded, “It only made sense for me to return the favor,” George flirted.

“So, it wasn’t my imagination,” Adara thought to herself. She had hoped it was all a misunderstanding.

“I am quite the gentlemen,” George stated proudly and winked at the petite young lady standing in front of him.

Adara snarled and her eyes sparked with rage, “You’re full of it, Weasley.”

George didn’t seem offended by her words; he just continued to smile at her. Adara glared at him for a moment and stormed off down the corridor.

“He’s just trying to mess with my head,” Adara said to herself as she descended the stairs toward the Slytherin dungeons.

Regrettably, Adara couldn’t rid herself of a haunting desire. The desire to be around him again.

Image


“Well, there you are!” Deveny expressed as Adara strode through the door.

“We were beginning to think you skipped out on us,” Rachelle piped in. The two girls sat on the floor in front of the stone fireplace; school books and parchment encircling them.

“I’m sorry,” Adara apologized as she sat next to her friends. “I was held up.”

“For Merlin’s sake! Do the professors get together and make a bet to see who can give the students the most homework on their first day!” Deveny exaggerated; dropping a book in her lap.

“No joke,” Rachelle replied; she already looked exasperated.

“Well, complaining isn’t going to help us finish any faster,” Adara reminded them. She pulled her long black, wavy hair into a pony tail, and began on her homework.

Image


A few days passed by, each of which was uneventful. Adara sent several letters to her aunt Narcissa and uncle Lucius; telling them all about her sixth year and how much she missed them. Adara had also decided that she would ignore George Weasley until these unwanted, or so she told herself, feelings were erased. A pure-blood royalty, like herself, shouldn't be socializing with blood- traitors. It was simply uncalled for.

"Adara, have you seen Draco?" Crabbe and Goyle asked, as they sat down across from her at the table.

Adara took a bite of her chocolate muffin and shook her head no. Both boys grunted in response and began to pile their plates with an abundance of food. Suddenly, a flock of owls poured into the Great Hall delivering the morning post. Adara received a letter from aunt Narcissa, who enclosed a Chocolate Frog inside.

"What's this?" Rachelle asked; picking up a note that had fallen on the floor.

"I don't know," Deveny said behind a mouth full of food.

Rachelle opened the letter and her face lit up as her eyes met the words on the page.

"What does it say?" Adara asked curiously.

"It's for you," Rachelle said smoothly. Adara eyed Rachelle before taking the note out of her friend's hand.

"Read it," Deveny persuaded; her eyes were locked on Adara.

Adara slowly opened the note and she felt her heart begin to quicken.

Will you accompany me to Hogsmeade this Saturday?

If so, meet me at Hogsmeade Station at 7o'clock.


Adara calmly set the note in her lap. She didn't talk, didn't blink, and didn't move.

"You're going to go," Rachelle calmly ordered; not looking over at Adara.

Adara tried the swallow the lump that formed in her throat.

"I know," Adara answered in a low voice. She was still in a state of shock.

"Wait, can someone please explain to me what is going on?" Deveny whined.

Rachelle cooed: "Adara has a date."
♠ ♠ ♠
Show the love and COMMENT :D