Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

EIGHT

Adara knocked on the boys dormitory door.

"Draco," she called. "He must be in there," Adara mumbled to herself. "I searched the entire castle."

Suddenly, the door opened and Draco motioned her inside.

"Is everything alright?" Adara asked. She began to grow concerned as she looked at Draco.

"Yes," he said, forcing a smile. "What did you need to talk to me about?"

"It's something I have to show you," Adara said while handing her cousin a small piece of parchment.

The room grew still and Adara stood there growing more uncomfortable by the second.

Draco exhaled and looked up at Adara, "I want to go with you."

"No," Adara quickly replied. "I can do this on my own."

Draco walked over to Adara and placed his cold hand upon her shoulder.

"Adara, you don't know who he is. I just want to protect you," her cousin spoke gently.

Adara gave Draco a half smile.

"I respect your intentions," Adara complimented her cousin. "However, I do not wish to be babysat."

Draco scratched the back of his head and sighed, "You're right, I just want to make sure you're safe.” Draco wrapped his arms around her into a hug.

"I can't help but want the same thing," Adara said pulling herself out of her cousin's embrace. Draco narrowed his eyes.

"I am talking about you," Adara spoke. "Where have you been? Everyone keeps asking me where you are and I have to make up silly excuses," Adara continued; her words sounded stressed.

"I don't think I'm cut out for this," Draco grumbled.

Adara took her cousin's hand, she was unsure of what to say. Her words couldn't mend Draco.

"I thought I was strong enough to handle being a Death Eater, but I'm not," Draco croaked; resting his head on Adara's shoulder.

Adara rubbed Draco's back and listened to the quiet sobs escaping his lips.

"He's breaking," Adara thought to herself; pushing back the tears that rested on the brim of her eyes.

"Draco, I don't know why your father asked you to join, but he has his reasons," Adara tried to comfort her cousin. "You are strong enough," Adara whispered in his ears.

Draco lifted his head from its resting place and looked into Adara's eyes, "Thank you," he mumbled.

"Now, get some rest. You look dreadfully tired," Adara ordered while kissing the top of his head.

A faint smile appeared on Draco's face and he spoke, "Yes, Madame," then gave Adara one last hug before she left the room.

Adara left the boy's dormitory and headed toward her own; Deveny and Rachelle were already asleep when she entered. Adara changed into her pajamas and snuggled up in bed. A deep sleep greeted her tired body the moment she shut her eyes.

Adara slowly drifted out of her sleep; the buzz of her alarm clock reminded her that a new day of classes waited.

"Oh, quiet you," Adara whispered as she silenced her clock. She got out of bed and made her way into the girl's bathroom, where Adara showered and got dressed

Rachelle and Draco were quietly talking when Adara entered the common room. She cleared her throat signaling that she was ready to head down the breakfast. Rachelle and Draco quickly scooted away from each other on the couch and bid Adara, "Good morning." Adara eyed the two; interested in what they were discussing.

"Well, we had better make our way down to the Great Hall soon. Crabbe and Goyle are bound to eat the buffet clean," Draco joked. Rachelle giggled at his comment and the three made their way to the Great Hall.

"Draco asked me to go to Hogsmeade with him tomorrow," Rachelle whispered into Adara's ear as the two sat down at the Slytherin house table.

Adara beamed with delight and hugged Rachelle. Adara looked over at her cousin, who was talking with Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy Parkinson. Draco seemed to have returned to his normal self; Adara was grateful to have her cousin back.

Image


"Big day tomorrow, George." Harry Potter teased as the boys sat in the Gryffindor common room. Their stomach's full from breakfast.

"Ah, yes. The big date." Ron Weasley piped in, rubbing his hands together, and taking a seat next to Harry.

"McGonagall," Fred whispered to George from behind. George responded to his brother's comment by throwing a pillow from the couch at him,

"Oi! What was that all about?" Fred asked while he unruffled his shirt.

George rolled his eyes and continued to stare into the fire.

"Everything will be fine, George," Hermione comforted while taking a seat next to him on the couch. George smiled meekly.

"Do you have any idea who she might be?" Hermione asked and the room fell silent.

George could feel everyone staring at him. "Yeah," he mumbled.

Ron gasped, "Well, go on tell us."

George felt his face grow hot. He was not sure what his friends would think. Then, he spoke: “I think she’s….”

Image


"Adara Rose Malfoy," Rachelle teased. "Are you daydreaming?"

Adara shook her head and responded, "I was just thinking about tomorrow."

"Nervous?" Rachelle asked in a low voice.

"A little," Adara whispered back.

"Miss Everwood, Miss Malfoy! Is there something the two of you would like to share with the class?" Professor McGonagall asked from behind her desk.

"No, Professor," the two girls replied in unison.

"Good, now get back to work!" Professor McGonagall ordered and drew her attention back to the papers in front of her.

Rachelle and Adara continued to finish the Transfiguration work required of them.

"We're done!" Deveny squealed as she met up with Rachelle and Adara on one of the Hogwarts staircases.

"First week of Hogwarts, check," Adara responded, pretending to check off the completed task from an invisible list. The girls laughed and continued on their way back to the Slytherin common room.

"Whoa, boys. Save it for the Quidditch field," the girls heard Harry Potter say as they descended the last staircase.

The Slytherin team was staring down the Gryffindor team and somehow Harry, the new Quidditch captain, managed to put a stop to their bickering before a duel took place.

"Oh, yes. There is a game tonight," Rachelle said as she stole a glace from Draco, who was eying her.

"Let's go before I throw up," Adara teased, referring to the little exchange made by her cousin and Rachelle.

Rachelle's cheeks flushed pink and willing followed Deveny and Adara to their dormitory.

The girls changed into the clothes they would be wearing for the match and headed out to the Quidditch field to get a good seat. Luckily, the bleachers were empty and Deveny, Adara, and Rachelle got first pick. Not long after they arrived, the stands started filling up with Quidditch fans; all eager for the first game of the school year.

Image


"Welcome to the first Quidditch game of the season," Lee Jordan's voice boomed over the amphitheater. A wave of roaring cheers filled the air and Lee continued, "Today's match is Slytherin versus Gryffindor!"

On queue both Quidditch teams zoomed onto the field, taking their places. Madame Hooch strode to the middle of the playing field and yelling something to the team captains who shake hands. The shrill of a whistle pierced the air and the game began. Adara kept her focus on Draco, who was scanning the sky in search of the golden snitch. Rachelle, unknowingly, dug her fingernails into Adara's arm as she intensively watched the game; Adara was too distracted to notice.

"Slytherin's chaser, Vasiey, has the quaffle," Lee Jordan narrates. "He goes to score, but Weasley blocks the shot with his broom, nicely done!" Lee cheers.

Along with their house, Adara, Rachelle, and Deveny let out a chorus of, "Boo's!"

"It's two hours into the game. Slytherin and Gryffindor are tied 50-50 and still no sign of the snitch," Lee Jordan spoke; his voice filled the amphitheater.

"Look, I think Potter sees something," Deveny expressed while grabbing her binoculars.

Adara watched Harry and Draco push and shove each other they speed toward the snitch.

"Oh, brilliant job blocking that nasty bludger, Fred Weasley!" Lee loudly compliments over the microphone.

Adara watched one of the Slytherin chasers pummel to the ground thanks to Fred's bludger.

"Oh, that's got to hurt," Lee grimaces over the microphone.

"Gryffindor is killing it," Deveny whines continuing to watch the game.

"Potter and Malfoy are still chasing after the snitch, Slytherin has the quaffle again, 10 POINTS TO SLYTHERIN!" Lee yelled into the microphone, there was a hint of sadness in his voice. "Now Slytherin has the lead."

"Yes!" Adara cheers along with her house and continues to watch the game.

"Uh oh," Rachelle whispers and Adara tries to find what she is looking at.

"Potter is gaining on Malfoy, it looks like Potter is going to catch the snitch," Lee yells with excitement.

Harry kicked the side of Draco's broom which sent Draco's broomstick spiraling. Adara gasped and watched her cousin fall to the ground.

"Harry Potter has caught the snitch! GRYFFINDOR WINS!" Lee screamed into the microphone. And loud cheers of celebration fill the air. The Slytherins yelled in protest.

"We were so close to winning," Adara pouts, "I hope Draco is okay."

"He's fine," Deveny said, in hopes of comforting her. "I saw him stand back up."

"Oh well, there is always next game," Rachelle sighed as they three walked back into Hogwarts.

"We had better get to bed, you two have a big day tomorrow," Deveny winked and muttered the password to get into the Slytherin common room.

Rachelle giggled, "I can't wait."

Adara smiled at her friends, "I can't wait either." The butterflies were back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment + subscrible = :)