Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

NINE

“Rise and shine, princess!" Fred Weasley and Lee Jordan chanted.

"Do we have to go through this procedure every morning?" Lee Jordan joked while attempting to pull the covers off their sleeping friend.

"I'm afraid so," Fred shrugged and opened the curtains. Letting the sun's rays enter.

George let out a yawn and sat up, "What time is it?"

"11:30, you had better hurry up! Lunch is about to end." Lee Jordan answered while taking a seat on George's bed.

"Blimey, I slept that long?" George questioned, while staggering out of bed. The dreary redhead grabbed some clothes and scurried to the bathroom to change.

Image


Adara raced out of the common room while slipping her sandals on and headed straight for the Great Hall. She opened the hall's doors and let out a sigh of relief.

"Good, I didn't miss lunch," someone panted beside Adara. They took the words right out of her mouth. Adara peered behind her to see who it was and saw George Weasley accompanied by his twin brother.

"I see you're not the only one who slept in, mate," Fred whispered to George while pointing at Adara, who rolled her eyes at the staring pair.

George smiled when he met Adara's gaze, "Good morning," he greeted.

Adara ignored his friendly comment and continued walking into the Great Hall.

"What was that all about?" Draco asked as Adara sat across from him at the Slytherin house table.

"What are you talking about?" Adara calmly asked while piling food on her plate.

"I saw you and the Weasleys in the doorway," Draco sneered, titling his head toward the Gryffindor table.

"It was nothing, I ignored their ramblings" Adara expressed. Draco seemed happy with her answer.

Adara and Draco turned to gaze toward Rachelle, who was approaching them. A smirk played up Draco's lips.

"Good morning, sleepy head." Rachelle greeted Adara as she sat next to Draco.

"So, Draco," Adara said, getting her cousin's attention. "Where are you taking Rachelle on your date?"

Adara noticed Draco blush; she was going to tease him about it, but decided she would save that for later.

"Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop," Draco expressed, he looked over at Rachelle and smiled.

"Typical," Adara joked playfully and took a bite of her turkey sandwich.

Image


"Do you think she knows it's you?" Harry Potter asked George Weasley, looking up from the game of Wizard Chess he was playing with Ron.

The group had just finished lunch and made it back to the Gryffindor common room for before it swarmed with students; anxiously waiting to leave for Hogsmeade.

“There’s no way,” Ron chimed in. “She’s just another thick headed Slytherin.”

George whacked his brother upside the head, “Shut your mouth, Ronald.”

“I am only stating the obvious,” Ron said trying to defend himself.

“Checkmate! I win again, Harry,” Ronald cheered and Harry hung his head low with defeat.

“You could be right, Ron, but there is no way of knowing until tonight,” George responded.

He began pacing in front of the fireplace.

“What if she will be angry when she sees you?” Ron continued to ask.

“Ronald, you’re not helping!” Hermione spat; diverting her gaze from her homework.

“Its okay, Hermione,” George spoke, holding out a hand to silence her. “He isn’t saying anything that I haven’t thought before.”

The Gryffindor common room grew quiet, despite the snapping of flames inside the fireplace.

“Have you put any thought into what you two are going to spend your evening doing?” Hermione asked, breaking the silence.

“Yes,” George replied. “But I am just going to take things as they come tonight.”

Hermione nodded and continued working on her homework.

“What are you going to wear?”

Image


"What do you even wear to something like this?" Adara fussed as she looked at her wardrobe.

"Good question," Deveny spoke while standing next to Adara. A puzzled looked sat upon her face as well.

"I'd suggest you'd wear something nice," Rachelle chimed in; holding up a dress to her body as she looked in a full-length mirror.

"It's hopeless," Adara sighed and plopped down onto her bed.

"Oh, don't say that. We'll find you something to wear," Deveny comforted Adara and laid out a few outfit options on her bed.

"No, not the clothes; I'm talking about this date. What if it's a train wreck?" Adara expressed.

"You will never know until you find out," Deveny replied.

Adara knew she was right, but she couldn't fight the desire to stay in bed the rest of the night; pretending she'd come down with an awful stomachache.

"Deveny is right," Rachelle said. "I'm not going to let you sit here and have a pity party."

"You have every right to be anxious, but this is the guy you've been writing to for six years," Rachelle reminded her.

"He is bound to be just as nervous as you are," Deveny added to Rachelle's statement.

"He's probably even more nervous then you!" Rachelle exaggerated, a smile playing on her lips. "If I may remind you, he's the one that set the date and he's the one who has to plan it."

"She's right. All you have to do is show up and look pretty," Deveny winked.

Adara began to laugh at her friend's pep talk. She knew they were right...again.

"Alright, you two have persuaded me," Adara surrendered. She got out of bed and hugged her two friends.

"Good, now get dressed." Rachelle said proudly.

"Let me see!" Deveny called out from behind the bathroom door.

Rachelle stepped out revealing the outfit she had chosen for her date with Draco.

“Is it too much?” Rachelle asked, while looking down at her dress.

“What? No way. It’s perfect!” Deveney cheered, while taking Rachelle’s hands and examining her outfit.

“May I remind you,” Adara said smoothly as she walked beside her two friends, “You are going on a date with Draco Malfoy. You have every right to look expensive,” Adara finished her statement with a wink.

“Oh, Adara,” Rachelle gasped, while scanning Adara‘s bring yellow sundress. “You look stunning.”

“You really think so?” Adara asked as she beamed from ear to ear.

“Oh, I know so!” Deveny responded with a playful grin.

“Deveny, are you sure you are okay with spending your Saturday alone?” Rachelle questioned sadly.

“Thanks for reminding me,” Deveny teased. “Nah, don’t worry about me. I’ll make plans. You two enjoy yourselves tonight.”

“I love you, girl,” Adara said as she hugged Deveny goodbye.

Rachelle and Adara descended the stairs and made their way into the Slytherin common room.

“Rachelle,” Draco gaped, “You look beautiful.”

Rachelle thanked him politely and went over to Draco’s side.

“You two have fun tonight,” Adara ordered, smiling at her dashing cousin. She was so happy for the two of them.

“Look out for yourself, Adara,” Draco said, and hugged his cousin tightly.

“I will, Draco,” Adara whispered into his ears and hugged him back.

The three walked out of the Slytherin common room and made their way to Hogsmeade Station.

“Are you ready?” Rachelle whispered to Adara as they drew closer to the station.

Adara felt her knees go weak. “It’s either now or never,” she whispered back to Rachelle, who gave her a nod.

The trio met up with a large group of Hogwarts students waiting outside the train station. Adara wondered if one of the boys standing around her was him. Her heart leapt. She would know for sure at seven o'clock when they made it to Hogsmeade.
♠ ♠ ♠
Teaser ;)

Comment and subscribe.