Status: so i hurt myself at work and am on some very strong pain killers so it might be a little while before i update again. sorry

What to tell?

Первая глава

I put my pass up to where the guard could see it and he nodded and let me through. First thing I saw was my new boss coming down the hallway with a smile on his face. Once he got to me, he held out his hand, “It’s good to have you here. Do you want to meet the team now or after practice?”

I shrugged, “Whenever you think would work the best. I just want to put the bag down first because it’s getting a little cumbersome to carry around all the time.”

He nodded and gestured to have me follow him. Once I started walking, he started asking questions.

“So what made you decide to pick this team? I mean surely there were closer ones to where you lived.”

I laughed, “Actually, the closest one to me was either this team or the Avalanche, and since they didn’t have a job opening, I am here. Plus I like this club better than there.”

He got a weird look on his face, “But what about Chicago? They are closer to Nebraska than Los Angeles is.”

I grinned, “I know, but I figured that if I’m going to be in a facility all day that is colder than most places every day, I might as well go to a place that I wouldn’t have to bring out the coveralls in the winter.”

He laughed, “Okay, well since you are going to have to go through the locker room in order to get to the trainer’s room, you might as well meet the team now.”

“Alright, just as long as you take me to the office first so I can put down this stupid bag before I just drop it somewhere and forget where I put it.”

He nodded and opened the door enough for us to slip through before it closed. At the sound of the door shutting, some of the guys looked over and as soon as we started walking towards the office, most of the conversations stopped. I just rolled my eyes when I saw one of the players try and cover up with a towel even though he was already in his under armor. I set the bag on the floor and then followed him back out into the locker room. I saw the coach walking towards us and I figured that Chris was going to introduce me to him first.

“Darryl, this is Mylie Wilson. She is going to be replacing Myles this year.”

I stuck out my hand to have him shake it, “Nice to meet you.”

He smiled as he shook it, “You too. Have you been introduced to the players yet? And I’m telling you before had, don’t take anything they say to heart.”

“No I haven’t been introduced to them yet. And anything they say, I’m pretty sure I heard worse from my family or people in the country I was studying in.”

He just turned around and started yelling, “okay listen up, this is Miss Wilson, she is going to be the new assistant athletic trainer. Now go down the line and tell her your name, then I will let you have a question each.”

“Dustin Brown.”

“Jeff Carter”

“Kyle Clifford”

“Colin Fraser”

“Dwight King”

“Anze Kopitar”

“Trevor Lewis”

“Andrei Loktionov”

“Jordan Nolan”

“Scott Parse”

“Dustin Penner”

“Mike Richards”

“Brad Richardson”

“Jarret Stoll”

“Kevin Westgarth”

“Justin Williams”

“Drew Doughty”

“Davis Drewiske”

“Matt Greene”

“Alec Martinez”

“Willie Mitchell”

“Rob Scuderi”

“Slava Voynov”

“Jonathan Bernier”

“Jonathan Quick”

“Nice to meet y’all. My name is Mylie Wilson. I would rather you call me Mylie if
you are comfortable with it. Now who wants to ask a question?”

Dustin spoke up first, “Where are you from?”

“Like where was I born or where did I just move from?”

“Both?”

“Well I was born in Nebraska and just came from studying in Russia.”

“Can you speak fluent Russian?”

I rolled my eyes, “Конечно, я могу. Это было довольно глупый вопрос, чтобы спросить.”

The two team mates that could understand me started snickering at their captain.

Simon asked the next question, “How many different ones can you speak?”

“Well I can speak French, and Swedish fluently along with Russian. I know some Italian and Spanish.”

“Say something in French. I don’t think any of the guys can speak any of the others besides Russian.”

“Donc, je peux jurer que vous en suédois lorsque vous ne faites pas ce que je veux et je ne peux pas avoir des ennuis pour cela?"
♠ ♠ ♠
what do ya think? i know its been awhile hopefully i can kinda still write.