Status: working on it.

Kiss the Girl

Chapter Two

So there I sat, Liam, basically reading my mind, telling me exactly the words I didn’t want to hear, and all I could say back to him was nothing, but a low guttural noise that made me sound close, but not entirely unintelligent.

“Don’t worry, you don’t have to apologize, but if I could, I’d like to make it up to you, do you wanna go get some coffee after school?” Liam asked.

I sat quite frozen to my seat. My brain still slowly processing what had just happened, did he just ask me out on a date of some sorts? And also say that HE wanted to apologize? For what?! This was all far too confusing. I nodded. He smiled and turned back to face Mr. Smith. The class went on, and I sat there, in my seat, my mind just whirling and me, slowly dying on the inside because I had agreed to go have coffee with the guy who broke my best friend.

The bell rang. I started collecting my thing, there was no way I would go for coffee with Liam, no possible way. Out.

Liam was standing next to my desk while I packed my things. Think. Think!

“Uhm, you can, er, you can go first? I’ll meet you there? I just need to ask Mr. Smith some questions..” He was grinning at me. Amused. He tilted his head towards the front of the room. I looked. Mr. Smith was long gone. I lowered my head and continued shoving pencils and things into my bag. What should I do? What do I do!?

“Come on, I know a really great place, you’ll like it.” Liam said leading me out of the art room. Ohgodohgodohgodohgododohgodohgododohgodohgododohgodohgod.

We were at his car. His very, nice, shiny, car.

“Like it?” He laughed getting in. He opened the passenger door from inside, whacking me in the thighs.

“Ow, yeah, groovy.” I said getting in. He stared at me. I just said ‘groovy’ didn’t I?

“You just said, groovy, didn’t you?” He asked. Again, with the telepathic mind-reading crap.

“Uh, yes, yes I did.” He put the car in gear and drove out of the campus lot.

We pulled into a parking space outside of the nearby strip mall. There was a Starbucks here. Great, Liam the magnificent mind-reader thinks that the overly sugary-sweet, so-called ‘coffee’ of Starbucks, is what I would like.

“Don’t worry,” He calls from his side of the car as we get out, “I’m not taking you to Starbucks.” Okay, now, it’s just getting CREEPY.

We walk towards the mall, past the Starbucks, past the Ice-creamery, past the shoe stores and clothes stores, I don’t think I’ve ever walked this far down the strip, the stores on this end are mainly for the older people of our town.

“And here we are!” Liam announces, pushing open a door that says ‘Pull’ on the front. Good job with the reading. The smell of fresh roasted coffee wafts through the air. This place is amazing.

“I like it.” I say before I can stop myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
I plan to do an hour of writing everyday, at least. either script or storywriting, it doesn't matter. but hopefully, that means I can get more content out, more often.