Status: In Active Duty :)

Broken Minds

Acrophobia

A gentle thud rang out as I clutched onto the armrests tighter until my knuckles turned white. I must have looked frightened as the pilot chuckled patting my arm, "you can let go now we're here." I smiled gratefully before cautiously unbuckling my seat belt and standing. I wobbled from the time length I had been sitting as he assisted me off the open ramp on the back. Standing there waiting was a straight-faced woman with strawberry colored hair that wasn't much different than my own. She held a semi amused look as I looked off to the side of the ship, plane, actually I wasn't sure what they called this flying base. I felt a bubble of nerves growing in the pit of my stomach while I swallowed firmly.

"Enjoying the view?" She spoke making me draw my attention back to her as I quickly shuffled towards her.

"If only I was fan of heights." I responded with a smirk making her own smile grow a tad.

"You're going to love being here then." I didn't answer seeing there was nothing really to be said as I followed her. The huge metal doors clanked shut behind us with a secure locking sound making me feel trapped. It didn't help the nerves I'll tell you that. My heels clicked along the metal flooring as we passed several doors most of which were closed. There were tons of windows though that thankfully gave it less of a jail feeling as the natural light poured in. "Go on ahead, I'll be there in a moment."

"Thank you." I said before she nodded and turned her tight black suit accentuating all her curves that I'm sure the male occupants of the ship enjoyed. Walking forward I headed through big open doors that lead into a room full of technology in the lower section. Computer screens as far as the eye could see with people, both men and woman, sitting diligently typing away. I smiled at those that looked my way as I walked down the walkway coming to the platform that had a few monitor around it's circular area.

There were three men seated around the table all immersed in a heated discussion and each looked completely different than the other. I smirked upon seeing them before I flicked my attention to the man that had the short cropped dark hair. He had a few days old scruff around his face and his brown eyes were lightening up as they always did when he talked about technology. "Tony!" My own voice sounded different as it was an octave higher than natural. He looked in a state of shock as the men stopped conversation while I clicked my way over to him.

"Elena?" I didn't wait for him to stand before I wrapped my arms tightly around him feeling his arc reactor pressing into my chest. "What are you doing here?"

"Well I must admit it's nice to see you too Tony. It has also been far too long since you decided to become a superhero and save the world all the time."

"What are you doing here?" He ignored my statement caring about only what he wanted.

"You sound like a broken record." I chuckled seeing the other men watching me intently also, "aren't you going to introduce me to your friends?"

"Elena. What are you doing here?" This time he pulled me to look at him as our eyes met and I nearly felt like crying as I hugged him again. His arms closed around my back as he returned the hug this time before he pulled away planting a kiss on my forehead.

"I invited her." Everyone present looked up to see the woman who escorted me here, beside another agent looking man who were both walking in front of the man who summoned me. He was tall, dark skinned, looking very intimidating with the eyepatch and lack of a smile. The woman came to sit with us as he remained on the circular platform fiddling with something on one of the monitors. The other agent, Coulson, I could read his badge from here stood by his boss' side.

"I agree it's about time Phil got some therapy but is now really the time?" The agent looked unmasked as he sneered in Tony's direction. He would never be able to control himself would he? I questioned in my head shaking my head gently.

"Hilarious. She is here, Mr. Stark because I hope to achieve some sort of breakthrough with our Asgardian friend." Director Fury spoke commanding respect with his tone. "And you will continue to remain on your best behavior as you go and resume your work with Dr. Banner."

"Dr. Banner is here?" I asked interested as I looked around again not seeing him present.

"Stay away from him." Tony pointed before walking past the director giving him a sarcastic smile, "we don't need you making him angry."

Now everyone had looks of utter confusion with the exception of the woman and agent Coulson and obviously Fury, all mentioned knowing who I was and what I did. "Now with our distraction gone for the time being, everyone else this is Elena Stark. She is a highly intelligent psychologist that we have high expectations of." He let a smile form on his face before he left with agent Coulson so that I could briefly get better acquainted with my new team.

"Stark?" A man donned in a cream colored shirt that looked like it could be from the fifties that was tucked into his jeans spoke.

"Captain Rogers, I've heard much about you." I smiled towards him taking notice of his incredibly attractive features, especially his hypnotizing blue eyes. "It's an honor to actually meet you though." He stood putting out a hand that I took graciously shaking it. It was a surreal feeling knowing my father had done the same thing only 70 years prior.

"It's just Steve ma'am." He smiled as we ended our handshake, making me hope he didn't notice the light tinge of blush that rose to my cheeks.

"Alright then Steve it is." He must have forgotten the question he was going to ask as he stepped away so I could meet the other man who came to stand beside him. If I thought Steve was dressed oddly this man took the cake. Dark metal armor covered his chest while he wore tight black pants and a flowing crimson cape. Damn, were they determined to make all the guys on this barge attractive?

"I am Thor, son of Odin." He spoke in a strange accent that I had never heard before.

"Loki is your brother, yes?" I asked recalling the file director Fury had given me, which in all honesty wasn't much. He nodded as I shook his hand feeling a slight discomfort from the godly strength he possessed.

"You are going to speak to him?" He gave me a look that held concern showing me he cared.

"She is shortly Director Fury wanted to have a few words with him first." The other woman stood from her chair coming over to me as well. "Agent Natasha Romanoff."

"Очень приятно агент Romanoff. (Nice to meet you agent Romanoff)." She looked at me with the first sign of delight as she raised an eyebrow, "Да, Я говорю по-русски. (Yes, I speak Russian)."

"That could be useful."
♠ ♠ ♠
I saw the Avengers recently and fell absolutely in love so I jumped on the bandwagon and started writing my own Loki story :)
Comments mean updates <3 Cole

P.S- The Russian is accurate because I am actually fluent in Russian :)