Status: In Active Duty :)

Broken Minds

Episodic Memories

"Good afternoon Loki." I watched Director Fury leave after throwing Loki a warning glance. "How are you doing today?" He was sitting on the bench with his eyes closed when I came into the room. Crossing the room I stood beside him hesitantly before sitting down the bench a few feet away.

"You came back."

"Why wouldn't I?" I smiled to him acting as though nothing had happened between the two of us.

"Humans confuse me for you are no different than dogs. You could strike them down over and over yet them always come back wagging their tails."

"Dogs are the most loyal creatures. Humans on the other hand fight back, I happen to be fighting back with kindness." I smiled to him again enjoying the puzzling expression that feel across his face.

"That seems like a folly tactic." He scoffed but I didn't let my smile waver.

"To you. So is there something you would like to talk about today?"

"Actually I have been brooding over that last comment you left with." The grin reappeared on his face, "does someone else have sibling issues?"

"You could say that."

"Would you care to elaborate Doctor?" His eyes sparkled giving me no choice as I felt like I was the only thing in the world to him.

"I'll make a compromise with you." He nodded understanding, "you can ask me a question and then I'll ask you one. Does that sound fair?"

"Completely."

"You have to answer and it has to be truthfully. Can you handle that part oh holy god of lies?" A pleasant chuckle escaped his lips making me smile again.

"I think I can."

"Wonderful. Tony is a genius," I jumped right into the answer hoping I could finally weasel some answers from him with our new method. Assuming everything went to plan. "He graduated college when he was only 17 after all from the Michigan Institute of Technology. This was also with not one degree but two, and then went on to inherit my father's company at 21."

"I'm sorry but I fail to see how this pertains to you."

"Just be patient." I smiled, "now I'm 14 years younger than Tony and I'm pretty sure I was an accidental birth. Tony still won't tell me but I can't imagine my parents ever telling him since my father was never around to begin with. Everyone loved Tony. A true child prodigy. I was always Tony Stark's little sister growing up, and still today. Much like Tony I graduated school early, not at 17 but I think graduating college at 20 is an impressive age from Stanford University. It doesn't matter though because now I'm not even Tony Stark's sister. I'm Ironman's sister. I will never be just Elena Stark, does that sound relatable?"

His eyes showed the exact emotion that was tingling through my body, even now a small amount jealousy swept through me thinking about it. "I believe it is your turn now."

"Where is the tesseract?" Another chuckle came from him, and I made a note to mark down that he was evidentially more cheerful today.

"I knew you would ask that."

"You have to be honest."

"And I shall. It is in this country." I had foolish expectations if I thought he would readily hand out his precious information that in all reality was the only thing keeping him alive through the governments eyes. "On the West coast."

"Thank you."

"You're not going to press for more?"

"I trust you and that is significantly more information than we currently have." Switching my legs that were crossed feeling my right foot numbing. "You may ask another question."

"You are not going to run and tell the kind director of your latest discovery?" He raised a brow looking highly confused.

"Right now I am with you. Your next question?"

"Why did you choose to become a psychologist?" His accent made my spine tingle when he mispronounced psychologist. Containing my chuckle I smiled instead.

"I wanted to help people. I thought of becoming a medical doctor but I am not overly fond of blood so clearly that didn't seem like a good fit. There is also so much to learn about the brain and why people do the things they do. I like to learn about people, such as you for example you intrigue me."

"I think I have found my next question but it is your turn."

"What do you think you are possibly going to accomplish by this attack on Earth."

"It is simple Doctor, I will rule you." I couldn't help but stare at him trying to get read on his emotions, but he was rather straight faced.

"Humans are proud you know, maybe not as proud as gods because we don't all run around trying to rule each other. Yet, you may find that people will still not obey you if by some chance whatever master plan of yours is a success."

"Yes you are proud and stubborn people but you will kneel. You always do in the end. What is it you find intriguing about me Doctor?" A small smirk spread while his eyes mesmerized me making me blush lightly.

"Don't flatter yourself it is purely professional," I smiled, "you interest me because you are the most calm yet cynical, devious and resentful man I have ever met."

"I feel I should be taking offense to that."

"I would." I snickered seeing a light smile on his face that was genuine making his already handsome appearance increase by ten billion fold.

"It's nice to see you smiling instead of that smirk you so love to wear." I should have kept my mouth shut as he became aware of his merriment. On the other hand I smiled knowing I had broken through hopefully another barrier today. "And I do believe it's my turn."

Our little game of questions continued until Director Fury came to break our pow wow, which was exactly what this had turned out to be. "I will see you tomorrow Loki."

"Until tomorrow Doctor." I smiled back his way glancing upon his face with the infamous smirk before exiting out with Director Fury who looked rather unpleased. I waited until we were past the metal doors knowing Loki would have listened in on the conversation. "Is something bothering you sir?"

"You seem to be getting rather attached to your new friend." He kept his eyes forward while I glanced a look at him.

"I'm only doing my job sir. Did I not retrieve some answers for you?"

"I'm not questioning your methods. I must remind you though he is a criminal." Now he stopped us and turned to look at me. "How can you be so trusting?"

"I have to think that there's still good inside of him. That Director Fury is our only chance of truly saving the planet." I felt like Tony as I strutted away leaving the most likely agitated director behind as I headed straight for my room. Speaking of the Devil himself the whole hallway shook vibrated gently with the thudding sound of bass and drums. The perpetrator was in fact my brother as I had half a mind to barge in and blast the damned boom box myself. Being polite I at least knocked and without answer tried to doorknob. The door was locked.

"Good luck with that." Jumping around at the sound of someone yelling near me I spun to see Steve standing there.

"Why is he upset?" I asked the statuesque blonde that was wearing a more decade appropriate plain black tee shirt that clung nicely to his chest.

"What?"

"I said," Raising my voice before deciding it wouldn't help. Grabbing onto the soldiers hand, tugging him forcefully away from the deafening sound of AC/DC. Who thanks to Tony was one of my favorites but it still could have been enjoyed at a quieter level. "There."

"It's nice to actually be able to hear you." Steve smiled down at me making a jittering sensation fill my stomach.

"He must be upset."

"About what?" Steve looked to the way we came as though he could see Tony.

"We may be siblings but we don't have telepathy."

"True, but I don't know of anything either."

"I didn't expect you to," I slouched myself against the wall finally releasing the soldier's arm as my back slid down the cool metal. "Would you care to join me?"

"Anything for a lovely lady." Our sides touched as he copied my move but his feet extended out another foot past mine making me feel short even when sitting. "Good job today on getting Loki to hint at where the cube is."

"I can't believe it myself to be honest."

"You think he's telling the truth?"

"Listen Director Fury I have to hope he is, that's all any of us can do." I nudged his arm at the reference to the man I angered prior to our meeting.

"He may actually be the source of your brother's anger." I raised an eyebrow at him upon seeing him looking to the opposite wall in thought. "Banner and him seem to think Fury is hiding something."

"Like what?"

"I don't know but they tried to rope me into their scheme today."

"And you?"

"Walked away." He smiled again looking to me with his brilliant sparkling eyes. "Never question your office in command."

"Oh yes you sure followed orders when you deliberately disobeyed orders and saved over 400 men from HYDRA in Italy?" I laughed at the bewildered expression on the man's face, "my father left behind items of yours he discovered. Tony and I being well, us, decided to do some research and I happened to stumble upon a rather intriguing biography of you."

"So you know my life story?"

"Guilty." I smiled at his sheepish assertion when he looked back to the wall again. "Though I think you have a much better idea of woman this time around." I didn't wait for him to say anything before I placed a soft kiss to his cheek hoping it wasn't too bold for him. Winking before I inched my way back up the wall I left him alone as I sauntered back feeling relieved to hear Tony's music was no longer playing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update :) I'm working on the next chapter now so it might be out later tonight if not definitely tomorrow. A big thanks to amodernmyth88, Spurs_fan20, SufferingSweetSorrow, Secrets.Are.Lies, and lastly hawkeyfan31 for commenting :) And to those silent people who continue to read or subscribe my thanks go to you all as well <3 Cole