Status: In Active Duty :)

Broken Minds

Free Association

"What is it like on Asgard?" Her smile lit up her face as a light color of pink still stained her cheeks from my previous question. I watched her emerald greens eyes sparkle under the florescence lights that were beginning to make me mental.

"I cannot deny its beauty and I did love it, but I also cannot expect you to understand without seeing it in person."

"Humans can't go to your planet." She tutted me like a young child would do when you told them something their mind had yet to grasp.

"Nothing is impossible." I kept my face void as a look came over her as she tried to study me. She had done that several times over the course of our conversation. She trusted me but I think she was questioning herself as to what game I was trying to play. And right she was to question me. "What is your favorite color?"

"What?" A cheerful smile crossed her lips while her brows furrowed, "my favorite color is purple though I'm confused by the interest."

"Is that not a basic question most people ask each other?" She opened her mouth when the sound of metal doors clanking open rang through the room. Agent Romanoff beckoned the doctor away as she raised herself from her seat beside me as I watched her backside sway when she walked. I smirked to Agent Romanoff whose cold eyes watched me like a hawk. "Until tomorrow, Elena." I made sure the "genuine" smile as she had put it was apparent.

I made her turn at the doorway making her glance at me for a moment before Agent Romanoff cleared her throat. Hurrying along, Elena followed diligently behind the mentally unstable agent that needed the doctor's attention more than I if I could give any input. Waiting alone I figured Director Fury would come to bark at me as he usually did after my meetings with Elena.

Time passes slowly when she wasn't around but the time when she was with me seemed to speed as though Dagr was punishing me. She was a peculiar mortal and I found myself not completely detesting her existence unlike her brother. That smug dullard thought he was the greatest thing to stumble upon this worthless race. I would surely prove him wrong. i would prove them all wrong and have Thor sniveling at my feet as I became the ruler of all Midgard.

My mind switched back to the strange mortal woman who had such faith in the hopes some kind and decent remained inside me. Everything about her appearance was appealing; the color of her reddened auburn curls to the shape of her body that was much more feminine than many on Asgard. Metal clanked again as I opened my eyes, not realizing I had shut him to begin with ruining my mental picture of the good Doctor. Seeing the dark skinned man that I had been expecting I groaned audibly smoothing back my hair as I raised my eyes to meet his. "Hello Director." He looked even more infuriated than usual as he came right up to the glass.

***

'Willingness to open up increased. Amicability becoming easier as communication continues to grow.' My hand dragged across the paper when a knock on my door shook me from my thoughts. "Come in." I said loudly enough that whoever was on the other side could hear me.

"Writing love notes?" I rolled my eyes at the sound of his voice.

"Tony go away you're not amusing me."

"So angry." I twisted my chair to see him leaning in the doorway wearing a Black Sabbath tee shirt as his arc reactor beamed slightly underneath.

"Did you want something brother dearest?" I batted my eyelashes at him as he strolled further into the room.

"Fury thought you may need some assistance in where you should keep your allegiances." I sighed beginning to understand why Tony had such a strong distaste for the man.

"You know I am not siding with him right?"

"I know that, but Romanoff seems to be skeptical. Like she's one to talk." He went to sit on my bed as he swirled his index finger near his ear. "I myself have learned not to question the methods of psychology because whatever you're doing it's working."

"You've found something?"

"Of course." His smugness didn't detract from the moment though, "The final destination is somewhere in California probably L.A. as we can conclude."

"That's great!" I beamed having more knowledge to use against Loki tomorrow beginning to ponder questions to ask. Tony stretched himself out noisily laying down but still leaning on his side facing me.

"What are you doing after this?"

"After our talk?" I chuckled feeling like it was a silly question, much like Loki with the color thing. I couldn't seem to shake him from my mind.

"No after this assignment." I knitted my brows together looking at him.

"I don't know. The study at Mellon will be finished so I suppose I'll have to find something else to occupy my time, why? "

"I think," he blew air from his lips making them puff out in a childish manner, "I think you should come and stay with Pepper and I." My jaw dropped I was truly awestruck. "I mean you don't have to it was just a thought,"

"Tony I would love to." A weird wave of emotion came over me as I looked at him when I felt the prickling of tears arrive.

"Being here, with you made me realize I should be grateful I got stuck with a sane sibling."

"You can say that but I can't." He grabbed the pillow from behind his head and attempted to strike me with it but I snatched it before it made contact.

"So that's how you're going to be?" He stood quickly coming to stand beside me he ruffled my hair before throwing me over his shoulder.

"Tony what the hell are you doing? Put me down!" I beat my fists on his back as I attempted to flail around so he would release me. No such luck as he made his way down the hall when we bumped into someone who was turning to corner.

"Captain Crunch." Tony greeted and I knew who it obviously must have been.

"Steve help me!" I called out playfully.

"I don't think it's a fair fight without the suit Stark." Steve laughed before strong arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me away from my brother. Our chests touched and I blushed when he set me on the ground close to him.

"Thank you Captain."

"Anything to help a beautiful damsel in distress." I looked up at him blushing again remembering last night until Tony muttered something that I ignored.

"Would you care to take a stroll Mr. Captain?"

"Of course." He offered me his arm as I slid my hand over his muscular bicep.

"Goodnight Tony." I called over my shoulder as Steve lead us down the hallway. I felt like a teenage girl whenever I was around him. I allowed him to take us outside as the sky was dark and stars glittered across the night brightly.

"I wish I could fly." I withheld my giggle as I looked to see he was being serious.

"Flying is overrated."

"Just think of all the things you could do; float through the clouds at day, and dance through the stars at night."

"You should write poetry." I commented being sincere as I found a constellation but couldn't recall what it was called. The big dipper? No that one I knew.

"I'm much too tough for that." He flexed making me swoon internally as my hands were still wrapped around his left arm.

"I can feel."

Steve and I strolled around the deck, minding the edge of course as I found it less pleasant in the dark not being able to see precisely where the drop off was. We fell into a comfortable silence as dark gray clouds began standing out against the black sky. A few minutes later a light rain was drizzling down on us making us laugh while we dash back for the door. "That was fun."

"I love the rain, but not thousands of feet in the air at night." I pulled Steve back as he made a pass to drag me back outside. "Besides it's late young man. You should be in bed."

"Young man? I am nearly four times your age you know."

"Yikes that's right you should definitely be in bed then." Making our way to the hallway of rooms he stopped outside my door, his being three down. "Goodnight Steve. Thanks for saving me."

"I'd gladly do it again ma'am." His large frame bent over placing a sweet kiss to my forehead making the jittering in my stomach reappear. "Goodnight Elena." I closed the door after he began walking away as I backed against it. How was it two guys evoked such a stirring inside me, playing counteractively off each other. Steve conjured the girlish, fairytale side of romance; an old fashioned prince with a heart of gold, being the pinnacle of what a gentleman should be. Then there was Loki. Nothing within me could describe the true feelings I held about him.

When I was in the cage as though it was just him and I while I ignored the fact we were being monitored. I knew it was the silver tongued side of his charm that summoned these strange senses making me feel unlike myself in a way. Graduating from the highest ranking university for psychology felt like nothing when it came to Loki and the sensations he sent through me. I rubbed my head wishing the constant attack of thoughts on Loki would leave but I knew better than anyone, you can't always get what you want.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to those who commented and subscribed or those who are just reading :) I was sent away to my grandma's house who has no wifi or internet but the good news is I did pre-write several chapters so updates should be everyday now :) Keep commenting and subscribing <3 Cole