The Beginning of the End

XVII

The next morning, Effie woke up late. For some reason she didn't hear anyone else up and walking about. Over the holidays her sleep schedule had gotten so screwed up. She was up all night and asleep all day for the most part. She was definitely going to have to fix that a.s.a.p.

Effie tore through her trunk full of clothes looking for something to wear. Unable to find anything, she just settled for a black mini skirt with black tights, a button up white t-shirt, her Gryffindor tie, and her robe. It was simple yet appropriate enough to get her through the day without the professors giving her disapproving looks.

She tied her red hair up in a sloppy bun and slicked on some makeup as fast as she could without it looking like utter shit. She tossed her school bag over her shoulder, slid on some flats and took off out of the dormitory, through the common room, and down to the Great Hall.

The breakfast tables were still full of students which Effie found relieving. She sighed and plopped down next to Harry at the Gryffindor table. Harry, Ron, and Hermione looked at her as if she had sprouted tentacles.

"What?" She questioned as she filled her plate with scrambled eggs, sausage, and buttered toast. Ron shrugged and went back to eating as if nothing had just happened, Harry scratched the back on his neck nervously, and Hermione stared Effie down.

"You were late getting up this morning, what was that about?" She asked, a stern look replacing the curious gaze she held only a few seconds prior. Effie groaned inwardly and let out a breath of air through her mouth.

"I got off my sleep schedule over break. That's all so don't even bother trying to hound me about it. I told you so just leave it at that." Effie said sharply then began eating her breakfast. Hermione raised her hands up in defense but dropped the subject. Harry stifled his laughter and finished his own food.

Effie wondered if he had forgotten all about what he had done to her over Christmas. She wondered if he was just going to be like this forever, hot one minute, cold the next. It was almost more than Effie could bear.

She practically hoovered her food down her throat and stood up, tossing her bag back on her shoulder. She was going to go ahead and go to her first class. She was late getting up that morning, she didn't want to be late going to her first class.

The Charms room had been returned to normal. The Christmas tree had been taken down along with all of the lights and bows of Holly. The wreath had been taken off the door and now the room was dark again with only candles lighting it. That was how Effie liked it. It was relaxing and made it easier for her to concentrate on her spells.

Only 15 minutes later, students were piling in and taking their seats. Effie just sat in hers and fiddled her thumbs. There were two downsides to being the first one in class. One, you get looked at as the nerd (not the good kind) and two, watching the other students come in like a bloody tsunami is a bit overwhelming...if you're shy and/or claustrophobic. Effie was both sort of shy and incredibly claustrophobic.

Thankfully, everyone settled down relatively quickly so Effie had a chance to relax before class began. Professor Bins was the last person to walk in and any talking that had been floating through the air, ceased.

"Good morning class. How were your holidays?" He asked and the whole class responded with 'good'. Effie snickered to herself and covered her mouth, hoping no one had heard her.

"Excellent. Today we'll be learning how to change your looks. Example. Say you have red hair," He pointed to Effie, "using this particular spell, your hair would go from red to brown, blonde, black, even pink. You can also change the color of your eyes and eyebrows. Basically, it's like a full body makeover."

Effie nodded her head in approval and pulled out her wand, getting ready to execute the spell.

***

By the end of class, Effie had managed to give herself chocolate brown hair and bright gray eyes. She made her 5 foot frame grown about 4 inches just to play around. She could definitely have fun with that spell. Just before class was dismissed, she changed back into her original self and packed up her things.

"Remember to practice, practice, practice. I want a full page essay on what you could use this spell and how it would be useful in a potentially dangerous scenario." Professor Bins said as he packed up his own paperwork and books.

Effie stood from her seat and left the classroom. She wanted to get through this day as quickly as possible, it was time for a nap. Just before she went down the stairs, she felt a hand on her shoulder and almost jumped out of her skin.

"Bloody hell, Harry, you could have killed me!" Effie exclaimed, holding her hand on her heart. Harry chuckled and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Sorry 'bout that. Can we talk?" He asked quietly. Effie stared at him for a moment before nodding her head. Talking to him might not have been the best idea but she wanted to talk to him. They needed to clear some things up.

"Yeah, meet me in the common room during break." Her voice was quiet and soft. He could tell by the sound of her voice how much he had hurt her. It killed him every time he saw her but the damage was done. He couldn't take it back now. He was head over heels in love with Effie but he wasn't sure who would be the right choice for him, Effie or Ginny.

Effie had so much personality. Her bright red hair turned heads, her soft honey brown eyes made it so easy for you to forget your own name, her fit little body aroused any man that happened to be in the room she decides to walk in. Looks aside, she was a sweetheart with a spitfire attitude. She was a firecracker.

Ginny on the other hand was more sullen and dull. Yeah she had looks but they seemed more like a childs or a puppy. She didn't look like a woman like Effie did. Harry sighed as he walked away from Effie.

This decision was going to be tough on him and what's worse is he knew he had to make a decision soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry it took this long to get this chapter out. It was an accident I swear. My cousin was at my house for 2 weeks and then this passed wednesday i went to my boyfriends house because he had his wisdom teeth taken out thursday morning and i wanted to take care of him. I just got back tonight but I won't get any updates out this coming weekend. I'm going back to my boyfriends friday morning until saturday night then he'll be with me at my house for a few days I think lol

comment; subscribe; recommend :)