The Beginning of the End

II

Waking up the next morning was hell for Effie, Harry, Ron, and Hermione. They had stayed up later than intended the night before, talking about how the world had gone to shit in just 2 short years. Effie wasn't afraid to admit that she was scared but she wasn't going to let it ruin her year. She climbed out of the bed that she had ended up sharing with Harry. That was completely accidental. She remembers crashing around 3 am in the bed so Harry must have just climbed in with her.

Effie walked over to Hermione and shook her awake. Hermione had passed out on the floor shortly before Effie.

"We have to start getting ready for the day." She said. Harry's eyes flickered open and soon he was getting up. Effie and Hermione walked back into Ginny's room, which was empty, and started getting their clothes. Hermione took the bathroom while Effie got ready in the room. She pulled on her clothes and brushed through the long, red, wavy, hair. She slipped on some shoes and grabbed her purse.

When she got downstairs, Mrs. Weasley had made toast and was handing it out to everyone. Fred and George had already left for Diagon Alley to open up their shop. Effie quickly ate her toast and drank her pumpkin juice.

"Effie, how is that every time I see you, you always look adorable?" Ron asked. To someone outside their group, that would come across as him hitting on her but, Effie knew it was strictly platonic.

"Oh, cause I am adorable Ronald. You'd think after knowing me for pretty much your whole life, you would know that." She said giving a playful wink. Harry and Hermione chuckled and Ron shrugged.

"Oh, Effie, did you know that Ginny has a boyfriend?" Hermione asked. Harry's attention adverted to the two girls in front of him. Effie licked her lips and furrowed her eyebrows.

"No, actually. I didn't know that. Who?"

"Dean Thomas." Hermione said with a smile. Even though a 16 year old witch isn't a normal 16 year old girl, doesn't mean that they don't love a bit of gossip.

"I didn't even think that she liked him all the much. Remember last year when he was trying to get her attention?" Effie said a small laugh behind her words.

"Poor bloke." Ron said grinning. Of course he didn't like hearing that his sister was dating one of his friends but it was a funny memory. Harry looked down at his toast and took a bite.

"Alright children, time to go." Mr. Weasley said coming into the room, followed by his wife. Effie put down her cup and placed her purse on her shoulder. Her, Harry, Ron, and Hermione stood and walked over to the door with Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. This trip to Diagon Alley was definitely going to be interesting.

*****

Effie and the Weasley's looked up at Fred and George's shop in wonder. It seemed like the only shop that was still alive and happy, hell, it was. Effie opened the door and walked inside. It was packed full of kids who were completely befuddled by all the trinkets and candies. Fred and George walked up to Effie and the others.

"Well, don't you just look adorable, as always." Fred said. Effie turned and looked back at Ron, sticking her tongue out.

"Where's mum and dad?" George asked leading the gang further into the shop.

"They went to get everyone's books." Hermione said walking over to the love potion stand with Ginny. Effie snorted and walked off. She wasn't sure if she wanted to buy something from here but she did enjoy looking around. She decided the hell with it and grabbed a handful of candies that consisted of bloody nose nougats and puking pastils and one Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder rock.

Effie payed for her things and went to find her friends. When she finally found them, everyone was pretty much ready to go.

"Where were you guys?" She asked in a hushed tone outside of the shop.

"We followed Malfoy and his mum to see what they were up to." Harry whispered back to her. Effie raised an eyebrow.

"Jeez, how long was I gone?" She asked adjusting her bag on her shoulder.

"We'll talk about it on the train." Ron whispered. Effie nodded and the rest the walk was silent. Once they met up with Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, they apparated to Kings Cross station. Their bags were already on trolley's, waiting to be taken to the train.

"Hurry up, we don't have much time." Mrs. Weasley said, rushing them all to the platform. Effie looked at Harry and smiled. It was always funny to see Mrs. Weasley in a tizzy. They walked quickly to platforms 9 and 10. Effie made sure no one was looking and then disappeared into the barrier in between.

Platform 9 3/4 was already packed full of students and their parents. She was soon followed by Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. They pushed their trolley's over to the rest of them beside the train and got ready to board. Effie gave Mr. and Mrs. Weasley a hug goodbye and stepped back so that everyone else could.

"Be safe, do you hear me?" Mrs. Weasley said, her hands on Harry's cheeks. Mrs. Weasley began pushing them gently towards the train.

"Let's go, hopefully we can get an empty compartment." Hermione said. They all boarded the train and made their way down the aisle to find a compartment. This always frustrated Effie. She hated not being able to find one quickly but it was something she learned to deal with. Ron found one and led them inside. Effie was the last in so she shut the door.

"So why were you following Draco and his mum?" She asked once they all got settled.

"I think it's happened." Harry started but of course Hermione cut him off.

"Stop it, Harry. There's no way." She said. Ron and Effie were completely confused.

"What are you going on about?" Ron asked.

"Harry thinks that Draco is now a death eater." Hermione said glancing up from her issue of the Daily Prophet.

"You're barking." Ron said leaning forward.

"Now, hang on. I can understand it from both sides. Draco is definitely capable of being a death eater, look at his family. But at the same time, he's a wimp, what would you-know-who want with him? I don't think Harry's crazy for thinking it, he just needs solid evidence before making a serious accusation. I know how you get." Effie said. Harry flashed her a smile and looked out the window.

"I need some air." Harry said as he stood up. Effie noticed that he had grabbed his invisibility cloak and rolled her eyes internally. He was, once again, going to get himself into trouble. Without a word, Effie stood up and walked out of the compartment. She wasn't about to let him be an idiot.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this part will continue in the next chapter.
If you remember in the book, he went to Slughorns compartment before
he went to see what was up with Malfoy lol.
comment; subscribe; whatever :)

Effie's outfit