Shh Daddy's Here...

Chapter Three...

MIKEY’S POV

After re-starting the Car, I noticed Gerard looked a little sick…his breathing was out of sync. He look tired and was shaking from head to toe. I’d seen this before, but I couldn’t put my finger on it.
“Gerard you feeling ok?” I asked, touching his arm. He was sweating now.
“I feel sick, and I’m really cold………my head hurts...Mikey what’s going on?”
I was worried now. I pulled into a nearby Gas Station and turned to face my brother.
“Gerard you gotta tell me what’s wrong.”
“I dunno...I can’t breath…I...I just.” Tears were forming in his eyes.
Suddenly, every was clear…Gerard was having a Panic Attack…
I snapped into action, tugging at Gerard’s Seatbelt, and putting Jess on my lap. The Belt was stiff and wasn’t coming undone. I could see Gerard getting more and more Panicky. I was starting to Panic myself. I hadn’t seen Gerard like this since we were both Teenagers…
Suddenly, Gerard’s Seatbelt snapped off, I grabbed my brother’s arm, and scrabbled around the back seats, in search of a Paper Bag, there was one in here yesterday, and it had a pair of Alicia’s Tights in it! I found the bag, and pulled the tights out. I shoved the bag at Gerard and yelled
“Breath into this, and try and calm down Gee your scaring me...”
Pretty soon, Gerard’s breathing slowed down, and he didn’t look so scared. I sighed. That was scary…
Gerard wiped his forehead.
“Thanks Mikey” He tried to smile. I cautiously gave Jess back to him. He was still shaking. I was really worried about him……
“Gerard that was scary” I whispered, starting up the Car again.
“I know,” he whispered back “I never want that to happen again!”
I smiled
“You remember when you used to get them when we were Teens?”
Gerard laughed; I was so relieved to hear him laugh.
“Remember the time I had one in Gym, and that girl thought I was gonna die?”
I laughed again, it was almost like it was when we started the Band, just us Guys laughing and joking around.
“Gerard...I’m worried about you…”
My brother’s face fell, his smile wiped completely off his face. I regretted saying that.
“There’s no need to be worried about me” Gerard said, looking up at me and trying to smile. I could see a ton of different emotions in his eyes. I gave my brother my fake-smile. It seemed to work, as he turned to cuddle Jess. He looked so right being a Dad, it was abnormal. I remembered when we were little. I think Gee was about 10, I was about 7. Our Mom’s best friend had just had a baby...

*FLASHBACK!*

“Boys!” our Mom yelled up at us. Gerard was drawing; I was trying to copy his designs, “Come on down, Lisa’s here with her new Baby”
Gerard sighed and made his way downstairs, I followed quietly behind. On the sofa was a small woman, holding a tiny Baby. She smiled at us both. I don’t think Gerard even bothered smiling back.
“Hello Boys, this is Mathew. Would you like to hold him?”
Gerard shook his head.
“No thanks Lisa, I’ll only drop him. Why don’t you hold him Mikey?”
I didn’t really know how to say No politely. To be honest, at 7, Babies freaked me out! I went over to sit next to Lisa. She handed Mathew over to me. I didn’t know how to hold him, so I guess he was a bit uncomfortable.
“He’s very small” I squeaked, I was always a bit shy around Moms friends.
“He was born a little too early, but he’s alright”
At that moment, the Baby began to cry. I didn’t know what to do. I could see Gerard sitting next to Mom, trying hard not to laugh. I handed Lisa back the Baby, saying I had a School Project I needed to finish. Gerard followed.
“Man you looked so weird holding that thing!” Gerard said after closing the door behind him.
“Baby’s are weird” I said, making my way back upstairs.
“I agree with you on that one…I’m NEVER having a Baby when I’m older” Gerard smiled. I smiled back.
“Me neither…”

*END FLASHBACK*

Of course, that was when we didn’t know what was going to happen with our lives! We were just being typical kids…deep down I think we both knew we’d up having a Family.