Shh Daddy's Here...

Chapter Six...

GERARD’S POV

One by one the guys began to go home. I don’t blame them. It was late and they were all tired. I glanced over at Mikey after the front door had finished closing.
“Looks like Alicia’s staying out a lot later tonight…” said Mikey as he looked over at me. I just sat there.
“Tired?” I nodded, I felt so drained.
Mikey just looked at me and nodded.
“Come on then” he said, walking over and holding his hand out to me. I happily took it. I hadn’t held Mikey’s hand since I was about 12. It reminded me of when we were kids.
Mikey pulled me up the stairs as I clung to my little girl. She started to stir slightly. I had to cuddle her close to stop her from crying. I didn’t think I could stand to hear anymore crying from her… it was too much to bare. I looked down at my daughter as she opened her large eyes to look at me. She looked so much like her Mom it was unbelievable. I couldn’t help but wish Molly was here to see her baby girl. Jess’ big blue eyes looked up at me with a look of sadness in them. It broke my heart.
“She wants her Mummy…” I said. Mikey stopped and looked at me.
“I know she does….so do you... I know it’s gonna be hard but we’re all gonna help you.”
I smiled slightly
“Thanks Mikey, you’re an awesome brother.” Mikey smiled.
“No problem. It’s what brothers are for…and I’m sure you’d do the same for me”
“You know I would Mikes…” I replied as I stumbled into the room. Looking around, I decided to add:
“I don’t know how much help I would be though…Right now I feel like I cant do anything right.”
“I’m sure that’s not true” Mikey argued, “If your worried about how good a dad your gonna be…your gonna be great!”
“Mikey that doesn’t make sense.” I said laying Jess down on my bed.
“It does to me…I’ve always had weird little daydreams of you being a Dad and you look so right as ‘Daddy’. I smiled, that was sweet.
“Thanks for everything Mikes. I don’t think I tell you enough exactly how much you rock.” Mikey grinned.
“Aww thanks Bro…You rock too!”