Sequel: American Candy
Status: Complete

The Reckless and the Brave

Lola

“Now are you sure that you’re going to be okay with Lola for a little bit?” Liz asked her boyfriend slowly.
“I’ll be fine,” Niall smiled, cupping the girls head in his hands. “Lola is going to love me,”
“If you’re sure…” She trailed off, looking over at Louis and Ash standing just a little off to the side. Ash looked seriously sick. She hadn’t been looking all that great lately, and no one really knew why. Frankly, it was bad enough to get the girl to go to the doctor instead of ignoring it like usual. “Lola’s at the Hilton. It’s just down the road from us. I can walk you there?”
Niall shook his head, laughing. He thought about how cute it was that this precious girl was all his. They were actually going to be sharing a house together, part-time, but they were sharing a house nonetheless. It was exciting for him. He had finally found that one, normal girl who wanted to be with him for who he was. Liz was exactly what he wanted in a girl. He knew that she was pretty much it for him. Even if he is nineteen, Niall knew who he belonged to. He knew that this was going to have a happy ending.
“I’ve got it, babe.” He smiled, pressing a kiss to her forehead. “Go take care of ‘er alright?”
Liz smiled and nodded.
“Okay,”
So Liz did. As soon as she could, she grabbed Ash from Louis. He was holding onto the girl rather tightly before actually letting her go. He walked over to Harry instead, wrapping an arm around his waist. Harry just laughed, and gripped Louis’ neck in return. Ash agreed to walk away with Liz. The girls were silent as they walked toward the doctor’s office that some of the girls grew up going to. Liz watched her friend carefully. She was walking a little slower than usual. She had to remind herself that Ash was in some form of pain.
“Do you have any idea what it is?” She questioned.
“Huh?”
“Do you have any idea what might be wrong?”
“I honestly don’t,” Ash sighed. “I’ve just been feeling awful. It feels like I’m having killer cramps all the time.”
“Ouch,” Liz hissed. “Why haven’t you told anyone?”
“I thought that they were cramps. I didn’t know that it was definitely something different,”
“Have you bled?”
“Yeah, but it was all…not normal,” Ash screwed up her face. “Can we not talk about it?”
“Sure,” Liz shrugged.
“How are you and Lou?”
“We’re doing great,” She smiled. “It’s like that right after Ronnie was kicked to the curb. Louis went back to being as normal as he could be.”
“I’m so glad for you,” She smiled at her friend. “Really, I didn’t expect that to happen that way,”
“I know,” Ash laughed.
“I actually thought that you were going to end up with Harry if we’re honest,”
Ash giggled.
“That’s weird,”
“It’s true!” She accused.
“I thought that Liam and Roxie were almost a sure thing,” Ash admitted. “But then Spencer swooped into the picture,”
“Spencer’s always a wild card. We really shouldn’t count her out,” Liz giggled as they walked into the building. “Liam and Spencer…so weird,”
The purple-haired girl shook her head as she went to sign in, leaving the short-haired girl to grab seats for them. While Ash got together all of the paper-work, Liz pulled out her phone to check up on Niall. She was starting to feel like a worried mother, but did these things anyway. This wasn’t normal behavior for her. This was normally Roxie’s job. Roxie usually is the one to take care of all of them. Roxie is usually the person that has to call or text them to make sure they stay out of trouble. It’s not normal for them, and it scares Liz the tiniest bit.
Liz has no doubt in her mind that Lola and Niall will get along well. She knows that Niall is one of the most adorable people in the world. He’s able to capture everyone’s hearts just by cracking a joke. He really was someone that was going to be in her life for a while. She was just upset that she was actually missing Lola and Niall interacting. She wanted to be there to see her two favorite people actually meet. She imagined that it might have been weird for him to show up without her. She knew that it would’ve been funny to see their first interaction.
Ash sat down beside her with a heavy sigh. Now they just had to wait for whatever it was to be explained.



Liz was completely shell shocked. She had no idea how to take the recent news that she and Ash received. She couldn’t even imagine what Ash was going to go through with this. Her life was pretty much changed forever in more ways than just one. They left each other ten minutes ago, yet Liz kept losing her head over it. She was already in the Hilton, ready to see her Lola and Niall, but she couldn’t just think. She couldn’t wrap her head around what she was told. It was following her.
Liz knocked on Lola’s hotel room to have Niall open it up. His already there smile just widened more as soon as he saw her. He wrapped his arms around her body, hugging her to him tightly. Liz nearly crumpled into his embrace. She gripped back her life-line, nuzzling her face into his collar bone. Niall rubbed her face, confused as could be. He didn’t say anything. He just let her grip him before she let go of him. She pressed a small, sweet kiss to his cheek. He smiled, gripping her hand, and dragging her toward the bigger living room.
“Look who I found!” Niall proclaimed.
The moment that Lola and Liz saw each other, tears were welling up in each other’s eyes. They hugged each other tightly. Lola started to mutter Spanish words into her ear before pulling away and pressing a kiss to her forehead.
“Mija,” She smiled, looking at Liz. “Where have you been this entire time?”
“Tour,” She laughed, whipping away a tear. “Where have you been?”
“Peru,” Lola smiled. “It’s gorgeous there. You’d really love it, mija,”
“I’m sure I would,” Liz laughed. “One day, right?”
“When you can,” She supplied. “I met your novio. He’s lovely,”
Liz blushed.
“He can understand you,” She stated, looking at only Lola, afraid to look at Niall.
“Oh I know,” She winked. “We had a very deep conversation, in Spanish,”
Liz shook her head.
“I’m going to have to separate you two,”
“Nonsense!” Niall proclaimed. “She was just making me food,”
“Niall, you’re already taking advantage of her!” Liz joked. “Boy, what’s wrong with you?”
“Nothing much, really,” He smiled. “I’m just starving,”
“Then go starve somewhere else,”
“No,” He pouted. “Right, Lola?
“Right,”
Liz couldn’t have been happier.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Near the end.... four more chapters left!

xoxo Rae