Sequel: American Candy
Status: Complete

The Reckless and the Brave

The End

Harry watched as Roxie swayed back and forth. They were the only two left who hadn’t gone off in another direction. She was probably on something, again, and Harry’s heart hurt. It hurt because there was this amazing, beautiful girl who didn’t know that she was amazing. She felt the need to turn to something as stupid as drugs to make herself feel better. All Harry wanted to do was protect the girl. She wanted to be reckless. They were an awful combination. They would’ve been doomed from the start.
Roxie looked up at Harry and gave him a slight smile. He figured that she either was coming off of the drugs or had just taken some. He wasn’t entirely too sure. It felt a bit like a toss-up, but Harry stopped thinking. The moment he started to ponder he started forget that Roxie was literally right in front of him. She was starting to move closer until she was standing right in front of him.
“Look, I’m sorry.”
Harry was taken back.
“Excuse me?”
“I know that I’ve been a bitch and well….I’m sorry.”
“That’s new,” Harry stated, searching the blonde’s face before settling back on her brown eyes. “Why now?”
Roxie laughed.
“Our lives are over anyway. I might as well redeem myself a tiny bit,”
“What do you mean?”
“Simon’s going to fire us because of Spencer and Liam. It’s enevitable, so I might as well go down swinging. So. Sorry,”
“I don’t want you to feel like you owe me anything,”
Roxie rolled her eyes before finally looking into Harry’s eyes. She gave him the tinest smile, and well Harry beamed back because it was something. She shook her head before huffing out a deep breath.
“I do owe you though, and I’m sorry. I want to say that I’m sorry for everything. I was kind of aweful to you,” Harry nodded in agreement. “Is there a chance that we can be friends?”
“No,” Harry spoke, but smiled. “I want you so much more than that,”
“Even though I’m completely fucked up?”
“Yeah,” Harry nodded, wrapping his arms around the girl. Instantely she buried her nose into his neck. Soon enough, the girl was crying, and Harry was left rubbing soothing patterns up and down her back. It wasn’t perfect by no means, but at least it was a start. They were starting somewhere. They had some place that they could pinpoint. Maybe they would be okay today, but they were going to be alright, Harry had faith that they were.

♥♥♥


“Is my tie in place?” The Slytherin dressed girl asked Ash.
Ash, dressed as a Ravenclaw , gave her a hard glare.
“Yes, Spencer. Are you done rubbing it in my face?!”
Spencer rolled her eyes.
“We went based off of the boys!”
“Fuck Harry and his secret genuisness.” The girl with a white-blonde wig mumbled. “I wanted to be in Slytherin,”
“Considering Louis is a Slytherin….I’m obligated,”
“Fuck it all,”
“I love you and you can be Slytherin next time,” The girl with a dirty blonde wig said. The turned to look at her best friend, noticing something was wrong with the girl. “Ash?”
She sucked in a deep breath.
“I’ll tell you after the show,”
“Okay,” Spencer nodded, then there was an awkward silence.
Emery walked in with a brunette wig and a slightly different Ravenclaw costume on.
“Are we nearly ready?”
Ash huffed, fixing the wig on top of her head before looking at the bass player.
“Yeah,”
Roxie and Liz wra are out with the boys waiting. Simon’s in their dressing room with Inga getting ready.”
“Always the barrier of bad news,” Spencer sighed melodramatically.
“You’re a good blonde. Maybe you should go back,” Emery playfully winked before she turned and walked away.
“We’re about to die,” Ash sighed.
“Probably,” Spencer nodded in agreement before the Hogwarts dressed girls made their way out of their dressing room to meet up with the other eight members of RLH and One Direction. Liam wrapped his arms around Spencer, covering her Slytherin costume with his Gryffindor robe.
“Don’t you two look like a proper contradiction,” Harry smirked at the opposing Houses couple.
“Fuck off,” Liam stated, rolling his eyes. “I’m trying to comfort her!”
Spencer lifted her left hand, grabbing his neck.
“Thanks sweetie.” The girl smiled, Liam swooping in to press a small kiss to her lips.
“What in the hell is that?” Someone, probably Emery, screeched.
Before Liam could kiss his girl anymore, they were pulling apart, giving their friends confusing looks.
“What is what?”
“Spencer Austin Tucker that better not be what I think it is,” Emery threatened. “Because I’ll be fucking pissed I wasn’t called the fucking minute it happened,”
Spencer blushed, tucking her head into Liam’s neck. She was answering anything, but her reacting said it all. Liam laughed, and must have nodded his head before he pressed a kiss to the top of her head.
“We’re not doing it until after tours and promotions wind down, so don’t worry,” Liam explained. “I asked her earlier.”
Harry shook his head, wrapping his arm around his Gryffindor lady.
“You’re proper gone, mate,”
“Completely,” Liam laughed, pressing more kisses on her face.
Niall rolled his eyes.
“Let’s get their over with already. Your opening bands are already here, and Uncle Si’s probably done waiting for us if we’re honest,”
Emery sighed.
“Are you sure you want to do this?” She asked, looking at her ridiculously dressed roommates.
“Yeah,” Ash nodded, sadness filling her eyes.
“I think it’s time,” Roxie added, almost sober.
“We’ve got to,” Spencer nodded.
“Fuck it,” Liz shrugged. “We’re already screwed.”
The girls along with One Direction lead the way toward their dressing room-turned-conference room. They didn’t even knock before they walked in. Inside, Inga was going off about something, but Simon held his hand up the instant that they walked through the door. The blond woman screwed up her face in detest as they all sat down. It was a little ridiculous, but she was his little minion. She was doing whatever he wanted her to do.
They sat down, giving Simon the respect that he deserved even if they thought that he was incredibly wrong. His ideas and rules had all but ruined the entire band and their image. He places rules that had nearly broken the solid band apart.
“Before you say anything,” Simon began “I just wanted to say that I am highly disappointed in your band. You lot have a blatant disregard for what authority has said. I do not deserve to be treated that way. You were warned that if you broke the rules and contracts then you would be off of the label. Is there anything that you have to say for yourselves?”
The girls turned to look at each other before Spencer took a deep breath.
“We want out, Simon.”
“What?”
“We can’t be the band that you want us to be,” She stated standing up. “We can’t be some manufactured band that bends to your every beck and call. We can’t be who we are without having to worry if we’re breaking some sort of rule. We’re not like that Simon. You understood that. Hell, you got us more than anyone else. You understood how we worked as a band, and that was great. You were the best thing to happen to his band. Without you we wouldn’t have the opportunities that we have had. Without you Emery and Zayn wouldn’t have found love. Liz and Niall have found their soulmates. Ash and Louis….god they’re so perfect for each other. Even Harry and Roxie have finally admitted that they have feelings. And Liam….Simon I wouldn’t have ever fallen so head-over-heels in love if it wasn’t for you putting us with One Direction.
“We’ve got so much to thank you for, yet you’re the same force that’s tearing us apart. Inga, mostly her, has been making our lives living hell. We’ve had this discussion a thousand times, but we can’t do this. We can’t live like this. We can’t walk around pretending to be people that we aren’t. You’ve been in this business for a long time, so we expect that you understand,”
Simon took a deep breath, looking down at his hands before looking back up at the girls.
“I was prepared to negotiate, but it seems as if you’ve made up your minds,”
“We have,” Spencer spoke for the girls.
“Okay,” He nodded. “Poisoned Hearts will release on Syco, but that will be the last thing published from us. We will have an official legal meeting the first Thursday of December,”
“So that’s it?” Liam spoke quietly from beside his girlfriend.
Simon smiled sadly.
“I will do everything in my power to find Reckless Little Hearts a new record label. I will always be supportive of you ladies. I am not going to just abandon you, because that is not what I am about.” He stated before looking at a disbelieving Inga. “You’re fired.”
“What?”
“Effective immediately,” He added. “Now I believe that Reckless Little Hearts have a album release to get to.”
The girls beamed, and hugged Simon even if they just left his label.

♥♥♥


“You guys have been fucking incredible! This is the best album release party ever!” Spencer shouted at the huge crowd. “I’m sorry that we’ve gone out of order but there are only two songs left for you this evening. This a song I wrote about my dumb ex…who is here. Hey John! Anyway I wrote it a long time ago. Here is Revenge Is Sweeter.
I saw it in the news
You told me they were wrong
And I stood up for you
'Cause I believed you were the one

You had all the chances in the world
To let me know the truth
What the hell's wrong with you?

Are you even listening when I talk to you?
Do you even care what I'm going through?
Your eyes stare and they're staring right through me
You're right there but it's like you never knew me

Do you even know how much it hurt,
That you gave up on me to be with her?
Revenge is sweeter than you ever were

I'm so mad at you right now
I can't even find the words
And you're on the way down
I can't wait to see you burn
You try to make me hate that girl
When I should be hating you
What the hell's wrong with you?

Are you even listening when I talk to you?
Do you even care what I'm going through?
Your eyes stare and they're staring right through me
You're right there but it's like you never knew me

Do you even know how much it hurt,
That you gave up on me to be with her?
Revenge is sweeter than you ever were
(than you ever were)
Revenge is sweeter than you ever were

Nothing can save you now that it's over
I guess that you'll find out when you're no one
Don't say you're sorry now 'cause I just don't care

Nothing can save you now, nothing
Nothing can save you now, nothing

Are you even listening when I talk to you?
Do you even care what I'm going through?
You're eyes stare and they're staring right through me
You're right there but it's like you never knew me

Do you even know how much it hurt,
That you gave up on me to be with her?
Revenge is sweeter than you ever were
(than you ever were)
Revenge is sweeter than you ever were


The song ended as Ash was being handed an acoustic guitar for their final song of the night.
“As most in this room may know…we’re a little bit in love with a boyband. They were here earlier. Yeah…anyway…” Ash laughed. “Spencer and I wrote this song for them, we hope you like it.”
“This is called Speechless,”
Feels like I have always known you
And I swear I've dreamt about you
All those endless nights I was alone
It's like I've spent forever searching
Now I know that it was worth it
With you it feels like I am finally home

Falling head over heels
Thought I knew how it feels
But with you it's like the first day of my life

Cuz you leave me speechless
When you talk to me
You leave me breathless
The way you look at me
You manage to disarm me
My soul is shining through
Can't help but surrender
My everything to you

I thought I could resist you
I thought that I was strong
Somehow you were different from what I've known
I didn't see you coming
You took me by surprise and
You stole my heart before I could say no

Falling head over heels
Thought I knew how it feels
But with you it's like the first day of my life

You leave me speechless
When you talk to me
You leave me breathless
The way you look at me
You manage to disarm me
My soul is shining through
I can't help but surrender
Oh no
My everything to you

You leave me speechless
(the way you smile, the way you touch my face)
You leave me breathless
(it's something that you do I can't explain)
I'd run a million miles just to hear you say my name,
Baby

You leave me speechless
You leave me breathless
The way you look at me
You manage to disarm me
My soul is shining through
I can't help but surrender
My everything to you


The girls were sweating by the end. They did it. They had just played their entire new album in front of a sold out venue. They had special guest, and Simon was really happy. Things were doing great. They were beyond happy. Nothing in the world could go wrong in that moment. Even if they had a bit of a day, things were okay in that moment. It would be hard to bring them down.
Well until Roxie started to stumble around. She felt like she was completely out of her body. Yeah, the girl knew that she should have been trying to stop. She knew that she shouldn’t have taken whatever she had left of the pills. The last thing Roxie saw was someone’s outstretched hand before her head was spinning and she black out before she even hit the ground.
♠ ♠ ♠
opps love you guys thanks for this journey.

xoxo Rae