Status: Work in progress!

Happily Never After

Let Them Eat Cake

Friday is just like Thursday, except I make it through the whole day at school. I'm not sure if I'm mad at Ethan or hurt or if I should suck it up and stop caring what he does with his Saturday nights. But whatever I am feeling, it doesn't help that he's in every class with me. Luckily Brittany is only in a handful of our classes, so he only ditches me a few times. French class though, --it would be french class, wouldn't it--I decide I'm done with this situation. Maybe it's not his fault, but I'm just fed up with the position we're all in. So when Madame Pensalton isn't looking, I pull out my phone and text Sam.

Can we go camping for real?

Sam answers after a moment, never having been the best behaved student. And by that I mean he is almost always on his phone or goofing around distracting the class.

S: We'd have to leave tonight to make it worthwhile.

That's kind of what I'm hoping for.

S: I'm up for it. Do you want to stay until Sunday morning or...

Can we leave late Sunday night?

There's a couple minutes that pass before he answers.

S: You know you can't avoid them forever right?

I know. I just need this weekend.

S: alright. I assume you want to leave right after school?

yeah. Thank you, Sam.

S: I got you covered girl :)

~♥~

All day I've been hoping Ethan will ask to hang out tonight, or sometime this weekend after Brittany's party but he doesn't say anything about it. Finally lunch comes around and he manages to sit with us again, but I've already begun preparing myself for him to leave again to join Brittany's following. Harsh? Yeah, maybe a little. But I would rather that than heartbreak.

I sit next to Sam, Carter on his other side, Ethan across from us. "Hey Liz," Ethan starts, and I look up at him, hiding the defeat I feel, "You don't have a problem with us going to the party tomorrow, right?"

I shake my head, "I don't run your life, even if I did have a problem you don't need to worry about me being upset." And I mean it. I'm not happy about the situation, but I don't want him to turn down having more of a social life because he's worried I'll hold it against him. I just wish he didn't want to go.

He nods slowly, a bit unsure as to whether or not to believe me, "Alright. Good to know."

"Yeah." I say quietly to myself, focusing on my food again so I can get up and go to the library to be alone.

~♥~

"You're sure you're ok?" Sam asks.

We're in my bedroom while I pack some clothes for our weekend. I hesitate, my hands hovering over my bag, holding a tshirt. "Yeah. I'm fine." I shove the shirt in my bag and zip it up.

He bites his lip but doesn't say anything except, "I'm gonna go grab some food for us. I'll be right back."
♠ ♠ ♠
I miss this story so much. Sorry I've been gone. Trying to balance this and Bruises Heal. I'll try and update this some more this week.



If you need a song to listen to while you read this chapter, You're Beautiful - James Blunt is pretty perfect for the mood. Trust me. :)