Status: Currently under revision.

Bruises On the Soul

Understanding

Abby met me at the airport, as I flew into Boston the next day for the Blackhawks vs. Bruins game.

Pat didn't know I was here. He thought he'd just see me when he got back from his road trip.

Won't this be a surprise?

Jon sent me the plane ticket and game ticket, as incentive to go, even with how risky it could possibly be.

It would be the first real time we'd be together in public, and trying to hide our relationship.

" Hey!" Abby called to me, waving her arm across the terminal.

I waved, smiling as I pushed through the crowd, hugging the pregnant woman.

" You ready? Is that your only bag?" She asked, eyeing my purple carry on in my hand.

I nodded, looking down at it.

" Well lets go. It was hard not telling Patrick where I was going today. I just said I needed to pick up something in town...so I guess it wasn't a lie!" She laughed as we made out way out of the parking lot.

" Did you drive...or taxi?" I asked her.

She shook her head, " Taxi. "

I nodded, standing out in the edge if the sidewalk and throwing my arm out.

A yellow cab pulled up to us, and Abby laughed.
" Apparently they pay more attention to you than pregnant women. "

I shrugged, throwing my bag in the trunk before sliding into the back after Abby.

She told the driver where to go and I leaned back, closing my eyes.

" Hard flight?" She asked.

I opened my eyes and nodded slowly, " I hate planes. Always have. That's why I rode the train from Buffalo to Chicago. I was sick the whole way here. " I responded.

She winced, " I'm sorry. That sucks. "

I shrugged, " I guess"

The cab pulled up to the TD Garden and I threw him two twenties, and climbed out, holding the door for Abby.

I grabbed my bag out the back and we walked into the building.
Abby pulled out a lanyard with a laminated card on it, and handed it to me.

Multi Pass.

I grinned, hanging it around me neck and pulling on the hem of my Kane jersey.

" This way. You can put your bags in the storage room. "

I nodded, getting nervous as I saw a sign ahead saying " Visitor Locker room"

Abby turned a corner and pushed open two black doors, leading us down a long hallway.

Players were already dressed, or in the process, stretching, and Abby grinned, " Pat!" She called.

I could see the tall #10 talking to #88 and gulped.

Sharp turned around, and saw his wife, and waved, walking towards us.

Sharp then caught sight of me and waved.
" Hey Josie! Didnt know you were coming!" He yelled, catching Pats attention.

He turned, surprised, and grinned, briskly crossing the space between us in all his gear, helmet under his arm.

" Josie! What are you doing here?! Holy shit!" He hugged me.

I laughed, wrapping my arms around him tighter.

" Surprise?" I grinned.

Pat pulled away.
" Sure is. You sitting with Abby?"

I nodded, and then saw Jon staring at me over Pats shoulder.

I gave a wave with a small, friendly smile, when really I just wanted to run into his arms.

He walked over.
" Hey Jo. Did you know she was coming, Pat?" He asked the baby faced blonde.

Pat shook his head, " No! She came to surprise me! I must be really special, cause she got on a plane to see me. " he joked, pushing me lightly.

I blushed, grinning.
" Well, I got to go. Good luck guys. I'll be cheering for you. " I said, seeing Abby standing to the side and waiting.

Pat nodded, hugging me again.
" I'll see you after" he said.

I nodded, and watched him walk off and over to Coach Q.

I looked up at Jon then, smiling softly.
" I hate planes. Did you know that? I got on a plane for you, boy" I teased.

He grinned, shrugging, as he walked with me around the corner and wrapped his arms around me once we were out of sight.

" Well I'm glad you're here. It means a lot to me" he whispered.

I leaned up and kissed him softly, wrapping my hands behind his neck.

He deepened the kiss, pressing me against the wall.

I moaned quietly,missing his lips.

I felt like i always needed to be touching him.

A voice cleared its throat.

We broke apart, startled.

Abby stood there, eyes wide.
" Josie, we need to get up to the seats" she spoke.
I nodded, looking back up to Jon, who gave me a nervous look.

I kissed him goodbye, whispering good luck in his ear and walking off with Abby.

We walked in silence down the hall until we got to the stairs.

" I'll assume Patrick knows nothing if this?"

I looked over to her.
" No. And I really like it of it stayed that way" I rose a brow.

She shrugged, " Alright. I just hope you realize what you're getting into"

i nodded as we walked up to our seat," I do. I think. I really like him, Abby"

She looked over at me as we sat down, smiling softly," I know. I've known for a while. You dont have to defend yourselves to me. But...do you really think keeping this from Pat is the right idea?"

i looked down at the ice, as the player came out to warm up.

" Yes. i care about him so much, Abby. He makes me...feel again, when im around him. i just- if- if Pat found out, I'm afraid it would all be over. and-"

She placed a hand on my arm, silencing me.
i looked over to see her with sad eyes.

" Did i ever tell you how Patrick and i met?" she asked, meaning her husband.

i shook my head, turning to her.

" I was working late, and my car was broken, so i had to walk home. It was dark...and cold, and a man grabbed me from the shadows and pulled me into an alleyway-" he eyes glazed over and she looked back down at the ice, following the #10 jersey with her eyes.

" Patrick saved me that night. After the man was...done with me...he left me bleeding, and scared, and all alone, and Patrick saw me. He found me that night, and brought me to a hospital." she laughed, wiping her eyes." It took a long time for me to get over the beating, and the..rape, but, he helped me through it, and i fell in love."

She leaned forward, " See? I get it, what your going through. I really do. And Jon is probably the best thing for you. So if you need anything-anything-let me know. i'll be there, alright?"

i nodded slowly, holding back the tears, hugging her tightly as the siren went off to start the game.

" Thank you" i whispered into her ear.

We turned back to the game, cheering when the Hawks scored the first goal.

it felt good to have a friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
i am soo sooo so so ssooo so sorry its taken me this long to update. life has been hectic lately. comment, subscribe, love you guys!