Status: Currently under revision.

Bruises On the Soul

Airport

I stood with Abby in the hallway by the locker rooms after the game.
The general mood was depressing, after a disappointing 3-4 loss against the Bruins.

Abby sighed, checking her watch, and looking over at me.
" Any minute now" she spoke.
I nodded.

Soon the door opened up and slowly the men in their game day suit came walking out, some staring at the ground.

Patrick walked up to Abby, wrapping his arms around his wife, and she grinned lightly, kissing him for reassurance. I looked away to let them have their moment.

An arm threw itself over my shoulder, and I looked up to sad blue eyes and curls.

I frowned, turning to wrap my arms around Pat.

" I'm sorry. You guys played so well. "

He shrugged, " It happens, ya know? We just couldn't pull through. But it pisses me off. I mean, we had that! Right until the end!" He argued, pacing down the hall.

I sped up to catch up with him.
" Pat! Wait!" I called, but he threw his arm up, signaling for me to stay there.

" I need to make a call. I'll be back" he yelled over his shoulder, blackberry in hand.

I sighed, sliding down the wall until I sat on the concrete floor.

I waited for a while, watching other players pass, some with their respective women held close, other passing quickly to avoid conversation.

A few waved to me.

" Pat leave you?" A voice asked.

I looked up to see a freshly showered Jon in a gray suit and white tie, his dark eyes playful.

I nodded, accepting his hand to help me up.

" He was supposed to come back. I guess he forgot about me. " I spoke.

Jon chuckled, grabbing my hand and leaning against the wall, pulling me with him.

" Sounds like him. "

I nodded slowly, looking down," How are you?"

" I'm fine. Disappointed, but it'll be okay. Tonight's game is over. Done with. Tomorrow is a whole new game to anticipate and win. "

I looked up, startled. And then I realized another difference between Pat and his best friend.

Pat let his emotions and immaturity show a little too much at time, while Jon was always collected, and stoic. A perfect captain.

" Where do you go tomorrow?" I asked, leaning into his chest in the deserted hallway.

" Philadelphia. " he mumbled into my hair as he wrapped his arms tighter around me, enveloping me in his warmth .

"When am I going to see you again?" I asked quietly.

Jon groaned, thinking, "Sunday"

I whined, " That's three days! Good god. " I pulled back, running a hand through my hair.

" Yes. Whatever will you do without me?" he joked.

I rolled my eyes, then looked up at him.
" I'm thinking about going to college. "

He rose an eyebrow," For what? Where?"

" Just online. And I'm thinking finance.Maybe become an accountant or a stock broker. Something fun."

Jon scoffed, checking his phone,"You and I obviously have different ideas of fun...look, I have to get to the airport, I'm sorry-"

"- No. " I cut him off," It's fine. So do I. My plane leaves at midnight. Wanna share a cab?"

He grinned, taking my hand and we walked down the hall an out the doors.

" Hold on!" I interrupted, pulling him aside to grab my bag out of the storage room I left it in.

Jon grabbed it from me and we walked out the doors to the busy street.

Looking around frustrated at all the cabs passing by, I stepped halfway off the street, raising my arm and whistling.

One slammed to a stop right in front of me, and u turned to Jon, feeling accomplished.

He laughed, shaking his head as he threw our things in the back.

I grabbed his hand as we slid in the back seat if the cab.

" Airport please. Gate B. "

The cabbie flew off and I leaned into Jon's shoulder, closing my eyes.
I felt him wrap his arm around me.

" Are you okay?" He whispered, kissing my forehead.

I nodded, " Yeah," I looked up to him, "This is just...hard. Hiding it from Pat. He's my best friend. But he would never understand. "

Jon grunted, jaw tensing.
" One day, Jo. One day, we won't have to hide. But until then, lets just stay like this alright?"

He leaned down to kiss me, and I wrapped my hand around his neck, pulling him closer.

One of his hands came and grinned my thigh, sliding me onto his lap, giggling.

I kissed him deeply, and he reciprocated, slipping his tongue into the depths of my mouth, tangling with mine.

I groaned, scratching my nails through his hair.

Jon broke away and started kissing my neck, sucking and nibbling on my exposed collarbone in the huge jersey.

The cabbie cleared his throat.

We broke apart to see we had arrived at the airport.

I smiled apologetically at the uncomfortable driver, and Jon pulled out his wallet, handing him a twenty, and a ten dollar tip for his digression.

Sliding out the cab, I ran around back to the trunk to grab my back, pulling it out and slamming the door.

I heard Jon chuckle behind me and spun to hit him in the chest.

" Why would you start that in a cab? God! You and Pat, I swear!" I burst.

He rose an eyebrow, " Sorry?"

I rolled my eyes, walking into his arms for a hug.

" I'm going a different way than you. The Hawks have a private plane. " he told me.

I nodded into his chest, taking a deep breath of his cologne.

" So I'll see you Sunday?" I asked.

" Yeah. I'll just come strait to your place, alright? Take a power nap and a shower. "

" Sounds good" I said.

I leaned up for one last kiss, knowing I'd have to hurry to my terminal.

" I'll see you soon" he promised, pulling away.

I nodded, waving as he slowly turned and walked off.

Sighing, I picked up my bag and walked through security.

It's gonna be a long next three days.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's so short and fluffy! But I have something bug planned for the next one, so get ready!