Status: Currently under revision.

Bruises On the Soul

Hell Have No Fury Like A Pat Scorned

Jon POV

I showed up to practice a few hours after Jo left to go meet Pat.
I was nervous about showing up and seeing him, on the chance she actually told him.

Locking my car, I walked up to the UC and through the back doors to the private entrance.

I hummed a little as I walked down the hall, a light smile on my face as I thought back to last night.

I think I might love her.

Chuckling, I pushed open the locker room doors and into the crowded room.

" Hey Jon!"
" Morning, Captain."
" Ey Tazer!"

I was greeted. I waved back.

" Hey boys. How's it going?" I answered.

We all joked around for a while as we got ready.
It was so loud in there I didn't hear the doors open when they did.

But the joking slowed and the room grew quiet and I looked up to see Pat standing above me, glaring and red faced, fists white-knuckled.

I stood up, " Pat, man, look-"

He drew his arm back and punched me in the jaw

I stumbled back and I stared as Seabrook and Sharp wrapped their arms around Kaner, holding him back.

" You're messing around with Josie?!? Behind my back?!? You fucking bastard! I can't believe I call you two my best friends. How long?! HOW LONG?!" He screamed.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Coach and a few trainers run into the room at his loud voice.

I took a shaky step forward.
" Not long...Look, Pat. It isn't like that. We wanted to tell you but Jo was afraid you'd hate her so-"

" So you hid it from me?! So while I joked around with you two you guys were actually sneaking around and fucking behind my back?! Treating her like a whore, huh?!? I saw you two last night man! I saw you!!!" He screamed furiously.

I grew angry, " Don't you dare call Josie a whore! I love her dammit, I love her!! You have no right!!" I yelled back, and felt a hand on my shoulder.

I looked back to see Burish, shaking his head.

I shook his hand off.

The locker room was silent.

Pat shook his head, storming out the room and slamming the doors behind him.

" Alright, boys, anybody care to explain?" Coach Q asked patiently.

I looked up at him, jaw sore and clenched.

" Sorry Coach."
I turned to Adam.

" Can you go find Kaner, we still need him at practice, even if he's pissed at me. "

He nodded, walking out the room after the angry blonde.

I sighed, collapsing on the bench with my head in my hands.

What have we done?

>>>FFW 3hours
Josie POV

I lay in bed, curled up in the blankets, tired and puffy from crying.

My best friend hates me.
Pat hates me.

I knew in the back of my mind this would always be a possibility. But, I had hoped he would be kinder and more accepting.

I heard my front door open and close and relaxed, knowing it would be Jon.

Practice must be over.
I listened as I heard soft footsteps and a huge sigh, and he walked into my bedroom, lifting up the covers and climbing in with me.

My back was turned, so I couldn't see him. I just didn't feel like moving.

" Hi" he whispered, kissing my bare shoulder, and he wrapped a strong arm around my waist.

I turned over slowly to face him, and gasped.

" Jon! What the hell happened!" I exclaimed, sitting up and lightly tracing his swollen eye, now blackening.

He frowned, " Pat punched me at practice. He's not happy with us, Jo."

I snorted, laying back down and curling into his arms.
" Yeah. I know. Where do we go from here? What do we do?" I asked.

Jon lay quiet for a moment, thinking, his famous "serious" face exposed.

" I have a four game road trip coming up Wednesday. Pittsburgh, then Colorado, Minnesota, and then LA. After that its a home game and then we have a week off ." He rambled off his schedule.

" Shit" I muttered.

He stopped, "what?"

I shook my head against his shoulder.
" Thanksgiving? I know it's not a Canadian holiday, but it's important here. I have to go back to Buffalo. "

He nodded, staring up at the ceiling.
"Come with me?" I offered.

His wide eyes looked down at me shocked, " You want me to go home with you. To meet your family?" He whispered.

I shrugged nervously," Yeah? You would have to meet them sooner of later right...." I drifted.

He paused for a moment. " Alright. Sure. I'll arrange all the flights tomorrow-"

" No. Oh no. No plane. We're driving. "
I insisted.

Jon chuckled. " All the way to Buffalo? You kidding?"

I sat up on my elbows. " No. I'm not. I hate planes. And it's a pretty drive! Especially in the fall!"

He rolled his eyes, leaning down to kiss me lightly.
" Fine. We'll drive" he muttered agaist my skin. " But we're taking my truck."

I rolled my eyes, laying back down and using his chest as a pillow.
" Whatever. "

And so it was settled.
After this road trip, we'll be going back to Buffalo.
To meet my family.

Oh god.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
When I woke up from my nap, I rolled over, ready to curl into Jon.

But all I grabbed were cold, empty sheets.
I sat up, confused.
" Jon?" I called.

I focused and heard him talking on his phone, from the kitchen.

Grabbing my silk robe off the end of the bed, I got up, wrapping it around me and padding out of the bedroom.

I turned the corner to see him leaning against the counter, still only in boxers, talking on his cell phone with a sad expression.

" Yeah. I know. Look- don't even- Bur, come on!" He argued with Adam, not noticing me yet.

He turned his back to me, and I ran my eyes down his backside.
" I get that. I do. But don't I deserve to be happy, too, man? The world doesn't revolve around Pat. His isn't the only opinion out there. "

I cleared my throat, and Jon spun around.

" Eh Burish? I gotta go. We'll talk later. " he hung up, sighing and setting his phone on the counter before walking up and wrapping his arms around me.

" How long have you been there?" He mumbled into my hair, resting his chin on my head.

I shrugged, holding onto his waist.
" Not long. I woke up like 5 minutes ago. You weren't there. "

Jon nodded, " Adam called. I had to send him to go collect Pat after our fight, and he was just telling me how that went. "

I gulped, licking my lips and looking up at him, pulling away.
" And?"

" He's upset. " he bluntly put it.

I nodded. " I figured that much. " I huffed, opening the fridge for food.

I grabbed a container of left over Chinese and sighed, slapping it down on the counter.

" I've never had Pat this mad at me before." I whispered, "We've never really fought...I don't know what to do. Should I go talk to him?" I asked, spinning to look at Jon.

He shrugged, biting his lip.
" I really don't know. I mean- Pats a Hothead. We all know that. Maybe you should let him cool off first. "

I nodded, grabbing a fork and digging in to the Lo Mien.

" But in the mean time" he grinned, wrapping his arms around my waist, making me raise an eyebrow at him,"Lets not think about him. Lets go out and do something, tonight. I'm leaving in two days and all I want it to spend time with you. "

I grinned, " What do you want to do?"

He grinned, " You'll see"