Status: Currently under revision.

Bruises On the Soul

Beanpole and Patsy

JOSIE POV

I waited for Pat to come back, and almost didn't hear when he did. He was so quiet.
I heard the door close and looked up to see Pat walking towards me, warm rag in hand.

He pressed the cloth to my face, and i hissed when it hit my split lip.
Pat winced.
" Sorry, Jo." he said, cleaning the dried blood off of my forehead.

" Pat I'm scared. He keeps calling me," i told him," I'm afraid he's gonna find out where i am and come get me."

He glanced down at my vibrating phone, sitting on the bed. He picked it up in his hand, setting down the rag.

I watched as he walked toward the window, opened it up, and tossed the device out of his fourth floor window.

My jaw dropped," Patrick! Why would you do th-"

" He can't call you now, can he?" he cut me off, angrily.
I sighed.

" Do you think i can stay here, just for a while? I'll stay out of the way, i swear, i know you're busy being a bachelor but-"

Pat laughed.
' Do you really think i'll let you stay anywhere else? No. You're staying here. The guest bedroom is right across the hall. Bathroom next to it."

I smiled, standing slowly with a grimace to wrap my arms around him in a hug.

" I missed you, Patsy." i told him, using his old nickname.

He wined," Don't call me that," he kissed my forehead," And i missed you too, bean pole"

I grimaced again.
"Bean pole? Really? I think that name no longer applies. I've filled out quite a bit since seventh grade."

Pat smirked," You'll always be beanpole to me. Now, i'll set you up in the guest room while you take a shower, I-I have practice in the morning, i'm sorry...."

I shook my head, smiling," No. You've done more than enough, thank you."

I waited until he stepped out the door to unzip my suit case and pull out some fresh clothes. I peeked out the door into the hallway and saw the bathroom light already on, and walked towards it, shuting the door behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~ Next Morning~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in a very comfortable bed, with bright light shining on my face.

I smiled at the morning sun for the first time in forever, happy about facing a new day.
Stretching one arm over the pillows, i grabbed the white paper of the dark mahogany night stand, pulling it to me.

Went to practice. Didn't want to wake you up. I left the address of the UC on the kitchen counter if you want to come to practice. Call me later.
Pat

I sighed, sitting up and running a hand through my hair.

I looked at the clock on the wall.

9:13am.

Its not too late, maybe i'll stop by.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PAT POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coach blew the whistle, and we sped off to more suicides. My thighs ached and my head was pounding, but i knew i had to push myself further. The cup was ours this year.

I knew i needed to get my head strait, so i tolf myself not to think about Josie, but i couldn't help it.

The image of her standing at my door, pale and bruised....i couldn't shake it.

The whistle blew again and we stopped, some collapsing on the ice.

I managed to stay standing and skated over to the bench with Tazer to ger some water.

Grabbing the bottle, i felt a nudge to the ribs.

" Hey Pat, look at her!" Crawford said.
I smiled, loking up and following the direction of his glove.

It was Josie, wrapped up like a child in my old Sabres jacket that was two times too big for her.

I smiled, skaitng over to the off ramp to the lockers.

" HEYY JOOOOOSIEEEEE!!!" I yelled.

Hey head snapped up, looking down at me.
She gave a small wave.

" Dude, you know her?" Corey's ees widened.
I sent hm a glare," She's my best friend. And off limits. " i warned.
He nodded, looking back at the ice.

I motioned Josie to come down.

I watched her hesitate but she managed her way down the steps. I noticed her slight limp and squeezed the stick tighter.

Bastard.

She met me at the base of the steps, and hugged me through my pads.

" I took your jacket, hope you don't mind." she said shyly, noticing all the guys staring at her.

I smiled, taking her hand," C'mon, meet the guys."

i led her out onto the ice, being careful and slow so she wouldn't slip.

" Guys, this is my best friend from back in Buffalo, Josefine Sorensen. Or just Josie. Jo. Whatever. Jo these are the guys."

If any of them noticed her bruises, they didn't lead on to it, and for that i'm grateful.

Sharpy skid up," Hey, I'm Patrick Sharp. The other Pat, nice to meet you." he slipped off his glove to shake her hand.

Josie smiled shyly.
I chuckled.

Same old Josie.
I could tell she was nervous, but she played it off well, smiling for everyone when she shook their hands.

Tazer was last. He skated up to us, givng her black eye a brief glance before shaking her hand.

" Jonathan Toews." he rasped out.

He was just revovering from some laringitis shit that kept him off the ice for a week, and sounded like a chain smoker.

Freaking hilarious, really.

Coach sighed," Darling, it was nice to meet you, but i have a practice to finish. I'm sorry, Kane."

She blushed, her pale skin turning pink beneath all that blonde hair.
I pulled her in for a hug, giving her a quick kiss on the forehead and watching her hobble up the steps to where she originally was.

I turned to give menacing looks to the guys, giving a seperate look to Crawford.

" Any of you guys touch her, i'll gut you with a rusy blade, got it?"

I didn't bother glaring at Jon.
I knew he wouldn't betray me like that.